1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinballGiant
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Picked up an old Wico pinball dolly. I know the shocks go out on these things, but have never used a pinball dolly before. Is this the normal rate of descent or does the dolly drop too fast?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballGiant:

Picked up an old Wico pinball dolly. I know the shocks go out on these things, but have never used a pinball dolly before. Is this the normal rate of descent or does the dolly drop too fast?

Thanks!

Just had mine rebuilt. That is correct operation. Mine had NO oil in it and that sucker slammed so hard you’d KNOW if it was bad lol.
    Does yours have the two height options?

#3 1 year ago

Isochronic_Frost Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that's how it's supposed to be! Mine isn't the two stage one, it's the earlier model single height option with the rubber wheels. The guy I got it from said he bought it for his route around 1980. Do you use your dolly on modern games? It doesn't really clear the front of my stern and I'm questioning its utility. The modern dollies you can buy new are a couple inches shorter.

#4 1 year ago

isochronic_frost Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that's how it's supposed to be! Mine isn't the two stage one, it's the earlier model single height option with the rubber wheels. The guy I got it from said he bought it for his route around 1980. Do you use your dolly on modern games? It doesn't really clear the front of my stern and I'm questioning its utility. The modern dollies you can buy new are a couple inches shorter.

My most “modern” game is the 1991 checkpoint so it gets a lot of use in my collection. If you’ve only got new Stern’s then I suppose it may have limited use.

#5 1 year ago

Yeh that's the correct rate for the hydraulic piston version.

#6 1 year ago

As others have said, its normal. If its still too fast of a drop for your liking, you can hit the release lever with your toe while keeping pressure on the raise lever with your heel to slow down the drop.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Any tips/tricks to making it work with sterns?

#9 1 year ago

Thanks guys. Any tips/tricks to making it work with sterns?

Can't you just tip it up and clip it under the front....if you get what I'm saying?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Can't you just tip it up and clip it under the front....if you get what I'm saying?

Hmm I'll have to try that. I've seen similar recommendations in other posts but can't seem to wrap my mind around it. I know it would allow me to clear the bottom of the machine for maybe a foot but then I would just have the same problem? Idk I'm sure I'm over (or under lol) thinking it. I'd just play around with it but I have the wheels off the dolly because I'm giving it a fresh coat of paint. Thanks for the help! KenLayton any suggestions?

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside