View topic image gallery

Indy 500 2.jpg
Indy 500 3.jpg
Indy 500 4.jpg
Indy 500 5.jpg
Indy 500.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

I picked up an Indy 500 last week. Everything looks great on this pin. I was trying to figure out if this was an early production run. I believe it is, but I would like to get more opinions on this.

Sorry for the dark picture of the playfield. It is bright and beautiful. No wear at the turbo VUK or "Start Race"

Thanks!

Indy 500.jpgIndy 500.jpg Indy 500 5.jpgIndy 500 5.jpg Indy 500 4.jpgIndy 500 4.jpg Indy 500 3.jpgIndy 500 3.jpg Indy 500 2.jpgIndy 500 2.jpg
#2 8 years ago

The blue lower playfield does indicate early production, yes.

#3 8 years ago

Awesome. Second question....Is that a good thing or does it even matter?

Thanks for you help!

#4 8 years ago

I don't think it impacts the value. I've had both versions, personally.

The right wireform was modified in future runs with an additional wire to help with balls hopping off it. I didn't have a lot of problems with that in home use with the game properly leveled.

The turbo VUK hole won't 'fit' the cliffy protector, I don't believe, on the early models.

Otherwise, not a whole lot different.

#5 8 years ago

I have had to adjust the wire form from the turbo so it would not hop off.

Why would the Cliffy not work?

Any idea on estimated value?

Thank you!

#6 8 years ago

I say trade it for a strange science.

#7 8 years ago

The cliffy doesn't work because the hole is routed slightly different on the earlier games than the production ones.

Looks like Cliffy has versions for both playfields now!

http://passionforpinball.com/i500.htm

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-indy-500-an-early-production-run and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.