Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-353.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_-_k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 8 years ago

If it's a VISHAY-DALE DMD they will rebuild it with a new Plasma Display & Test, replacing any bad PCB components as needed for $82 & change, shiping both ways is on you.
    PM me for contact info @ Vishay.

#24 8 years ago

"Crash,
    Really! Do they also repair 192x64s? Last I called they told me they don't work on those. "

Sent in a standard DMD and large [192x64] DMD in February and got them both Repaired & back in time for TPF 2015 for a friends Games.

If they have the large Plasma Displays in stock its a week or 2 turn around (luckily they did for me otherwise it can be a 10 week or more wait until they get enough orders and/or repairs.
    Sorry I was slightly off on my prices, here's what I paid for the DMD Plasma Screen to be replaced:
    Standard DMD $86 & change
    Large [192x64] DMD $180 & change

PinballManiac40
    News to me
    I just put in a call to Vishay - I'll post back their comment about whether they're repairing them or not.

Kim

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I had a friend that tried to send off one of each DMD to Vishay. He was told they no longer repair them. That was around February this year. Could had been a different person my friend talked with at Vishay.

I'll post the response from my Repair Contact @ Vishay tomorrow (or when I hear from her).

Awesome price Jean-Luc-Picard !!

Snap them up if you need them Guys & Gals !

#35 8 years ago

Lynn @ VISHAY called me back today -- GOOD NEWS !!
    They are still taking on DMD Plasma Repairs and they are still manufacturing Plasma DMD's for retail sales.

FYI they also make LED DMD's in multiple colors.

Should I start a new thread titled VISHAY / DALE DMD's Still Being Repaired ?

Current Repair Prices:

192 x 64 $180.92
    128 x 32 $86.53
    128 x 16 NLA - Balance of 128 x 16 parts & stock bought out by MAD Amusements

She is THE contact at VISHAY for all Plasma Repairs:
    Lynn Coulter - phone:

Email:
    [email protected]

Only caveat I will toss out there is they they ONLY Repair VISHAY, VISHAY/DALE or DALE Plasma Displays - if you have a Babcock, Cherry or anything else they won't Repair it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_-_k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-my-dmd-repairable?tu=pin_-_k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.