(Topic ID: 225041)

is Mr. Pinball 2018 price guide coming out?

By cait001

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0035 (resized).JPG
    There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there will be a 2018 Mr. Pinball Price Guide? Page hasn't been udpated for a while, and I received no email response http://user.xmission.com/~daina/pinlist_info.html

Past years it came out end of spring / early summer iirc

#2 5 years ago

Maybe it's turning the way of the pinball hobby, announce the 2018 price guide, take preorders, then delay and delay and come out in 2021.

#3 5 years ago

This is just a guess, but I think it's dunzo.

I've bought every one (out of habit) for years.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

This is just a guess, but I think it's dunzo.
    I've bought every one (out of habit) for years.

I hope not, lots of good info in that book, not just prices!!

#6 5 years ago

There is a lot of info. and they list other games baseball and shooters.

#7 5 years ago

I am in the hope not camp as well. So sick of people quoting book. The prices are usually way off, in either direction, and they only bring it up when its in their favor.

#8 5 years ago

Other than maybe one year or two of a missed deadline, it’s usually released around Chicago expo time .

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

The prices are usually way off, in either direction, and they only bring it up when its in their favor.

Part of the problem is sometimes regional differences. It's hard to put a "one size fits all" price on a game for all areas of the US and Canada.

#10 5 years ago

I used to rely on the Mr. Pinball guide for game values when I first got into the hobby. It has now gone the way of the phonebook for me as there are numerous other, more dynamic, information sources available for pricing.

#11 5 years ago

I placed an advertisment for my daughterboards in the 2017 guide (or at least I paid for one - never picked up a copy so I can't confirm it's actually there). I was contacted about renewing the ad earlier this year so I don't think it's dead. Pretty sure I did renew it.

Anybody remember seeing my ad in there?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#12 5 years ago

Yup, it's there, right after Pinball Resource!!

#13 5 years ago

yep

IMG_0035 (resized).JPGIMG_0035 (resized).JPG
    #14 5 years ago

I just talked to Daina Pettit. He expects to bring the 2018 edition to the printer today or the next business day. It should be ready for Pinball Expo. He had some distracting family issues this year.
    .................David Marston

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I just talked to Daina Pettit. He expects to bring the 2018 edition to the printer today or the next business day. It should be ready for Pinball Expo. He had some distracting family issues this year.

I hope all is ok and happy to hear it will get published.

3 weeks later
    #16 5 years ago

http://user.xmission.com/~daina/pinlist_info.html

2018 looks to be out now. I just ordered one.

1 year later
    #17 4 years ago

did miss a memo about them NOT doing a 2019 release? did they quit doing the price guide altogether???

#18 4 years ago

They might as well. Flippers don't care about them, they try to get 2-3 times what they are worth. You can't educate them either as to realistic prices. If it came out now it would be instantly outdated.

Think Chevy Chase in Vacation. "How much will it cost?" "How much you got"? No, seriously. "Seriously, how much you got?"

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from thegleek:

did miss a memo about them NOT doing a 2019 release?

You did. There were some setbacks on the home front. A 2020 edition is underway! (I am not involved in compiling the prices, but I have a bunch of information updates in the pipeline.)

#20 4 years ago

I bought these for years out of habit until I realized I never referred to them for pricing and they take up an entire row in my bookcase.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I bought these for years out of habit until I realized I never referred to them for pricing and they take up an entire row in my bookcase.

Sell me your old ones? : )

Murph

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Sell me your old ones? : )
    Murph

My wife would love me to along with my stacks of Pingame, Gameroom and other pinball magazines/books.

#23 4 years ago

I had an extensive conversation with Daina "Mr. Pinball" Pettit on 2/13. He is in the information-gathering phase for the 2020 edition. It looks like the book would be issued in a few months.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

You did. There were some setbacks on the home front. A 2020 edition is underway! (I am not involved in compiling the prices, but I have a bunch of information updates in the pipeline.)

Good to hear there will be one!!

1 month later
    #25 4 years ago

I agree, it's great to hear there will be a 2020 Price Guide. I've restored over 85 games in the last 16 years. I use the Price Guide to determine what I offer for the broken games and to set my price to sell the game after I get it working. It's a great resource.

#26 4 years ago

I too referred to it when first in the hobby, and it definitely helped newbies like me understand the market, but I haven't opened a copy in years.

I always thought the values, at least for EMs was just too far off base, since so much value, especially A-B titles depends on condition, and can sway quite substantially on both sides of stated values.

4 months later
    #27 3 years ago

5+ months into a covid year and still no 2020 mr pinball price guide... no more excuses ffs! all you have is endless time now?! SO WHATS THE DELAY?

#28 3 years ago

Never out on time! Same as the calendar from pingame journal!

3 weeks later
    #29 3 years ago

Any update on the 2020 price guide?

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

Any update on the 2020 price guide?

At this point, might as well wait until 2021.

1 week later
    #31 3 years ago

I spoke with Daina on Sept. 18th. He is compiling the data. Calling the next issue the 2021 edition is a possibility.

I'm submitting lots of updates for the section on pitch-and-bat machines.

2 months later
    #32 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I spoke with Daina on Sept. 18th. He is compiling the data. Calling the next issue the 2021 edition is a possibility.
    I'm submitting lots of updates for the section on pitch-and-bat machines.

well that makes 0% sense...

dude put out this guide for 28 years (since 1991) and now all of the sudden, we don't get 2019 and 2020? wtfbbqmate?

completely inexcusable.

#33 3 years ago

This is a very difficult time to judge prices. I've seen a COVID surge, games going for much more than what I think they are worth. I thought I would see some sell off, but it turned out to be the opposite. I saw some decent deals when GnR was released, but that seemed to die down now that you can't get one until next year. A pinball price guide that is good for a year seems about as useful as a stock market price guide that is good for a year. Years ago Demo Man was $1,300. I feel like it was $1,300 forever. I have no idea now, it's all over the place.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

...A pinball price guide that is good for a year seems about as useful as a stock market price guide that is good for a year. ...

Word. Like many markets, pinball's is dynamic.

Consequently, printed pinball price guides are as useful as telephone books to me.

#36 3 years ago

I don't look at the prices much, but I use the book as a portable information source, especially for the non-pinball sections, artist/designer listings, associated games, etc.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

I don't look at the prices much, but I use the book as a portable information source, especially for the non-pinball sections, artist/designer listings, associated games, etc.

Yes, I'm right with you on that one, there's a lot of other great information there besides a price listings.

1 month later
    #38 3 years ago

Any update now that it is 2021.??

4 weeks later
    #39 3 years ago

My guess is the Mr. Pinball Price guide is dead. With the crazy machine prices, I don’t see how a paper guide can even stay current in a 12 month timeframe. It has always been the economics of supply and demand, but lately it’s beyond reasonable. Just 6 years ago I had a hard time even selling a Motordome pinball. Not the best game but was a fully functioning in “good” shape machine. I ended up selling it for $500.

I now see them listed for $3,995!!!!! (2 for sale below).

https://hotrodarcade.com/products/huo-bally-motordome-pinball-machine-just-repaired-and-shopped-w-leds-chrome-trim-added-this-game-is-very-nice-great-for-the-motorcycle-lover

ebay.com link: itm

#40 3 years ago

Love the guide,would buy again !!
    2018 guide last one I purchased-need to look into it and see if there will be a "new" one coming ??

#41 3 years ago

It does indeed appear to be a dead annual edition.
    Too bad. Be it right or wrong, it was still a *jumping off point* as to value and also an interesting read with lots of pinball facts/fun/history.
    RIP

1 week later
    #42 3 years ago

in all honestly, he could update his website and say something about the lack of putting out a new guide.

or maybe he quit doing the guide completely. how we will know unless he communicates with us?

he sure had the time to update his front page about all events being cancelled to the never-ending endless covid-19. yawn.

3 months later
    #43 2 years ago

...nothing still?

#44 2 years ago

Not looking good. 9 months and nothing to show.

#45 2 years ago

Thread title should at least be changed to 2021

2 months later
    #46 2 years ago

Bump, any update?

#47 2 years ago

Gone for good it would seem.

1 month later
    #48 2 years ago

I heard from Daina in the past week. He's still working away at the next one, but did not have an ETA on it.

2 months later
    #49 2 years ago

Approaching February 2022....any update yet??

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Approaching February 2022....any update yet??

Yes, he has to keep reprinting it because prices go up on a daily basis...therefore he is never able to finish...

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-mr-pinball-2018-price-guide-coming-out?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.