Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by W25ARE
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F9A8B2F-2B6B-4F6A-8DD0-617B37060014 (resized).jpeg
    E9EE32FE-B52E-4BA4-B7A5-45569988FBC1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

From my understanding mmr is not on the line at the moment so if you need/want one immediately you’ll need to buy used. I can only assume since demand is up on the game they’ll make another run. Or I hope so, great game

#18 3 years ago

I've played the original on route, ss billiards, and own a remake. I couldn't tell you any feeling of difference. Even originals feel different between themselves. However I wouldn't even care if they did. I play for fun and don't get hyper sensitive to the "feel". The remake game physically feels fantastic, very solid. I like the newer tech and features. If you are a wpc elitist then you may want the original. If you "don't care" or just want to get it because you enjoy pinball, the remake will not disappoint, nor will the bad ass upgrades for it.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

I’m not sure the original actually does play better; do a survey and the results will be far from conclusive. For example, I have compared the two side by side and came to the opposite conclusion! “Better” is subjective and nebulous; I’ll concede that there were indeed nuanced differences in the way the machines felt, it just so happens that I preferred CGC by a small margin.
    Understand that regardless of how hotly debated, we aren’t talking about major differences - in fact, “casual” players and those without a lot of time on the originals might not even notice anything major.
    It would be nearly impossible to control for all of the variables which influence the way a given machine subjectively feels/plays in a way that ensures that any perceived differences would be solely a function of the differences in the WMS and CGC architecture and manufacturing processes.
    (I don’t know about mods as I generally steer clear of them; they are often more trouble than they are worth and this game absolutely doesn’t need any.)

I think the troll led eyes are pretty cool looking and I plan on doing them, but otherwise, yeah I can't think of any other must have mods?

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Remake plus- xl color display plus the new rgb lighting are both amazing

Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Did the RGB, wide display, topper and changed out the armor to build my own Royal. Best upgrade/value I have done in a long time.

yeah, I think the rgb and display/sound are on my list...I didn't think the big display was all that great, but I played my friends afmr le and WOW that screen is huge!!!! plus it is display and sound upgrade.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Well, if you get a new one and want to keep it looking mint there are tons of wear-prone areas (wear as in chipping clearcoat and eventually worse) on this pin you can buy Cliffy and Mantis protectors for. I bought and installed them all. Still no wear after 10k+ plays.
    The merlin with glowing orb mod is cool, and the shaker motor as well.

Oh, I have cliffys on mine, I guess mod I mean the “toy” mods. However I probably need a few mantis and or the CF cliffy for Merlin

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-mm-still-being-produced-by-cgc-?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.