FBB00C66-18DD-40F3-AA21-F8103B180979 (resized).jpeg
Beavis (resized).jpeg
AE33D1BB-F41C-4178-A8D7-837B712F0FB0 (resized).jpeg
252AEAF0-E708-4BD2-BB2C-BB1C83AF8765 (resized).png
20211130_180340.jpg
20211130_180318.jpg
frame_04_delay-0.1s.gif
62872CE6-6BED-4089-9F16-FE4101B6A8AC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago

MMRoyal deserves its No1 spot. It is an all time classic. Stern s Jurassic Park has only been out for a few years. Who knows in 20 years time it may be in the No1 spot.

We have both games. I prefer MMr and my wife prefers JP. That is what the ratings are for, so you can have your say.

2 weeks later
#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

The ratings would be overall more accurate if they were never inflated to begin with. Look at my wishlist and current collection, there is no correlation to the top 100 list. Im only broaching the subject to try to make the top 100 list more accurate, not because I have an emotional attachment to games I like getting on the top 100 list.

If people were honest and rated games as they genuinely liked and played them, the ratings system would be great.

Reality is people rate their own games high. This is then countered by people that have never played the games giving really low ratings. I think the rating system is fine, I would just like to see a game needing 100 ratings before it is listed in the top 100. Then the top 10% and bottom 10% of ratings removed giving a much better average overall. Just my opinion.

#225 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wow - Mando dropped from #1 to #14 in only a week.
MM regains the throne!
[quoted image]

That shows you how easily the ratings can be manipulated by owners and people that have never played the game. As more people rate the game it should eventually work itself out.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

What's crazier to me is why people even care. Rate the games honestly and let the list be the list. I won't rate Mando until I can play it.
The whole reason for this thread was just a reminder for people to keep their ratings up to date in light of all the recent great titles.

That is the idea of the ratings system. You rate the games how you like them. For me, I just love TWD and ACDC. I think they are the best games of all time. Put all the ratings together and you have an idea of what games are the most popular.

I cannot understand why some people care so much about the ratings and do what they can to manipulate them. This hobby is about you and what you like and everybody is different. The sooner some people understand this, the better the hobby will be for them.

2 months later
#269 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Yeah I think that’s part of the problem. Everyone likes a new game and it passes games which have been rated for 20+ years. There should be a grace period for machines to be officially entered into the top 100 at all (maybe a year or 2?). None of the new games ship with complete code now so that’s another reason

The main problem is people that have never played the game rating it high or rating it low. These people are trying to influence the ratings to suit themselves. Once there are plenty of genuine ratings, the bogus ones influence the ratings much less and become meaningless as more and more genuine ratings are given.

System is pretty good. Some of the people putting ratings in are not so good.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think the ultra high ratings are mostly new owners. Those LE buyers want to justify their purchase prices so they can flip them for 3-5K more after 100 games.

That is fine as once the games are played and rated by many others, the new owners high ranking gets watered down to normal. That is the same for every new game in people collections, not just LEs. I have no care for people flipping for profit. That is why I always say manufacturers should make enough games to fill demand.

3 weeks later
#305 2 years ago

I think MM will reclaim its spot as No 1. Once more and more people rate GZ I think it will go down in the rankings. I am looking forward to having a go on one soon!

1 week later
#321 2 years ago

Ha ha! Still early days, lets see where GZ ends up!

#351 2 years ago
Quoted from DKong:

Where do you vote ?

Pinside ratings. As you play games, you can rate each one.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I agree - but due to limited space, I am forced to choose pins that stay fun for as long as possible. I wish I had space to own every pinball ever made as they are all fun. But the fun wears off as you see and experience everything there is to do...therefore deeper code = more to do = stays interesting for a longer period.

Everybody is different. we work out everything by approximate game plays. TAF and GOTGLE are the most played games in our collection. Sometimes a game grows on you over time and sometimes you just cannot stop pressing the start button on a new game. If the fun wears off, maybe time to sell and swap out to a different game. Pinball is a fantastic hobby and because everyone likes different things this always makes the hobby fun and interesting.

2 weeks later
#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The scores should be an average of pro (50%) and premium + LE (50%).
Scoring by LE makes the top 100 purely a home owners list and thus 100% useless.

What if 85% of games are in peoples homes? That would make sites 15% of the scoring?

I like the current system. My only changes would be to remove 1 or 2 points until the game is a year or two old and remove the top 10 % and bottom 10% of ratings to get a better representation of proper ratings

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-mm-about-to-be-dethroned-as-1?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.