FBB00C66-18DD-40F3-AA21-F8103B180979 (resized).jpeg
Beavis (resized).jpeg
AE33D1BB-F41C-4178-A8D7-837B712F0FB0 (resized).jpeg
252AEAF0-E708-4BD2-BB2C-BB1C83AF8765 (resized).png
20211130_180340.jpg
20211130_180318.jpg
frame_04_delay-0.1s.gif
62872CE6-6BED-4089-9F16-FE4101B6A8AC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianj1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#163 2 years ago

Had it not been immediately raided by salty GnR fans we all know this one would be top 10 easy.

MM is still my dream pin followed damn close by AFM but LZ and JP are right up there for me.

508FD3AF-06B8-4CB8-A99F-14CF829B0F0E (resized).png508FD3AF-06B8-4CB8-A99F-14CF829B0F0E (resized).png
#169 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, LZ just needed more toys to stay in the top 10 The Zeppelin ship should have actually done something (physical ball lock) and the bottom 1/3 of the playfield needed something actually interactive in it, then it would have been top 10 for sure! LZ is a fun game as it stands, it's just some people believe it should have come with more in it considering the asking price. It's too bad Steve couldn't have made it at JJP with more features lol.

A JJP led Zeppelin would be amazing. I'm actually a huge fan of JJP rented a few now over the years.

As for the ball lock on the Zeppelin I would like to hear more on why they chose a speed lock (faster gameplay?) Vs a holding mechanism. Seeing as it's my first NIB I'm ok with less as the gameplay is honestly one of the best I've played (even more so if you're a Zeppelin fan, I'm a huge one).

I still have MM as a solid 10, followed by AFM 9.5? but LZ is definitely my 3rd favorite pin of all time.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yep, MM has the magic for casuals.
The rating system is flawed as new games with art and theme heavily dictate what my score will be under this system.

I changed my weightings so artwork is not nearly as important to me as callouts and gameplay. Then you can still rate like normal.

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I know I’m in the minority, but I just don’t get the appeal of AFM - at least not as a contender for top 10. I’ve played it many times, watched the tutorials, and asked others what they like about it. It’s a standard fan layout with a good theme but a shallow ruleset (by today’s standards). MM and EHoH are also fan layouts, but far better games IMO. No disrespect meant to AFM - I just don’t feel it makes the top 10 cut.

It's a fair assessment. For me it's just really, really fun and great for competitive play.

I'm sure there's a little nostalgia factor for me affecting my scores, same with MM as I grew up on them both basically but they're just so good for the time they were made, between the audio, gameplay and toys.

#178 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can see why you tolerate LZ, then. :/

I actually wish I got an LE over my premium I think it looks so good.

Premium cab and translite is "meh" for sure but doesn't take away from the gameplay and the playfield artwork is excellent if you're a fan of Zeppelin I like it a ton.

I do plan on getting a new design translite for my premium eventually though. Doesn't match my topper!

#212 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Mando being number 1 proves the point that the theme matters. It a decent game but no way this game deserves the # 1 spot. I'm Only guessing it's the little green guy people are voting so high for. Maybe the top 100 should be broken down to top 100 game play,top 100 theme,top 100 rule set ect.
It's the Force telling the weak minded pinheads "You don't like other games" "vote high for the green guy" "The green guys game is the best in the world"

If people set their weighted ranking properly I imagine it would fix some of it too.

Theme and art are like the last two I care about if the game, toys and other resources (audio, video) work well and the game plays great.

#222 2 years ago

All is right in the world once again.

5 months later
#508 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Another week on top.
Long live the new king!
[quoted image]

I love Godzilla but I have way more fun on MM

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brianj1337.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-mm-about-to-be-dethroned-as-1?tu=brianj1337 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.