FBB00C66-18DD-40F3-AA21-F8103B180979 (resized).jpeg
Beavis (resized).jpeg
AE33D1BB-F41C-4178-A8D7-837B712F0FB0 (resized).jpeg
252AEAF0-E708-4BD2-BB2C-BB1C83AF8765 (resized).png
20211130_180340.jpg
20211130_180318.jpg
frame_04_delay-0.1s.gif
62872CE6-6BED-4089-9F16-FE4101B6A8AC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

A newb thread started by a non-newb.

Man, what's going on around here? Must be something in the water...

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it never was number 1. The ratings are flawed. People don't give legit reviews. They rate and buy games based upon what people think are popular. Not based upon actual play value. Sure MM has a great toy, but the layout is lackluster and the rules are meh. Plus you have 5 other games with the exact same layout and rules. Should not be ranked as high as it is. MM lasted 3 months in my collection. Was not worth keeping.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about the moat in afm.

1 week later
#153 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Yeah, I definitely would not group the games.. particularly for Sterns, it seems like there are potentially major art, playfield and rule differences, to the extent, that I might rank one version particularly higher than another.. sometimes the pro, sometimes the premium.. but they can play with enough differences that it would definitelty affect how I would recommend them, if say, only one of those variants were released or available.
I was not trying to specifically remove or add any title to the list. I actually like JP... if someone offered me a choice to gift me one of the two machines, I'd need to give it some serious thought.. but these ratings are not the single overall impression of the game, they are rather a combination of Art, Sound, Toys, Gameplay etc. so although something like MM might begin to fade so far as our modern level of more complex and deep rules and shots, that is just a single facet of the ranking, (unless I am arbitrarily increasing another attribute, because I want my overall to be increased (which I think many people likely do...)).

I would definitely say grouping games makes the list better. Having LE owners (home) decide on rankings is a god-awful strategy. It completely ruins the t100 for me. Combing opinions on the entire release let's everyone decide how good the game is. It also creates a contemporary imbalance of rankings against older games. You know, the days when you got the entire game for one reasonable price.

It would be way better if it was the opposite of what it is now: use filters if you want to separate the models in the rankings.

3 weeks later
#246 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I played MM on location in the 90’s . . . Just a very balanced game.

It is. And the callouts and dots are great. The voice actor for the wizard is deadly. Fun game with a crazy great toy and humour. The powerball and clever use of magnets for shots puts TZ slightly ahead imho, but just slightly.

4 months later
#475 2 years ago

Then it leaks that JimWe5st is actually a morbidly obese 15-year-old living in the shed next to his grandmother's single-wide trailer. All the pinsiders nod in unison, thinking, aaaaaahhhh, now it all makes sense. Given the circumstances, the kid is pretty smart.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

My biggest issue is once a new pin makes it into the top 10, usually pumped up by excited owners, the MM, AFM and MB fanboi’s come in to hate on it. Like absolute clockwork, bringing their pride and joy back up the top.
Do they not realise how the algorithms work? Once enough people have played the new game, and voted truthfully, it’s place will correctly settle. Heist is maybe the exception, as majority of voters will be owners given the lack of Multimorphic out in the wild.
The fools who vote 0’s and 1’s for these amazing new pins should be called out for their part in ruining the Top 100.
Maybe a Wall of Shame for most 0 votes etc would entice some users into actually using their brain. Adding an avatar or icon to show this in their profile etc.
Pinball is subjective, but objectively, no pinball machine made in the last 20-30 years is worthy of anywhere near a 0, in any area. Not even Thunderbirds.
AFM, MM, and MB are great pins in their own right, I’ve owned two of them, but they didn’t last long. I rate them highly, but in a home environment, they got stale pretty quickly.

Letting LEs decide the score ruined the top 100 completely. I don't even pay attention anymore.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

There's zero reason to rate each version of one game individually. Drives me nuts.

The scores should be an average of pro (50%) and premium + LE (50%).

Scoring by LE makes the top 100 purely a home owners list and thus 100% useless.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richmond, VA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-mm-about-to-be-dethroned-as-1?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.