(Topic ID: 46840)

Is Metallica LE already sold out at the retail level?

By jkdblaze

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jkdblaze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

metallicaglass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

$1,000 for a different cab and backglass art package is a decent amount IMO. Not to mention getting to play the pin before buying it instead of pulling the trigger based on pics and hype. Getting the chance to play it first is enough for me. But as always to each their own.

I would agree that $1k is a decent amount of difference, but that is *not* the difference in price between an LE and Premium if you pre-ordered from a good distributor. In fact, it is almost half that!

If you are going to pre-order a pin without playing it first, it makes zero sense to me to not get the LE. What reason would there be to pre-order a Premium? They will make plenty of them, so you can play it first then decide. That's exactly the route that I'm taking.

#178 6 years ago

We go through the many of the same distributers I am sure, so your saying they were selling LEs for less than $6800? I would never put down near 7K for a pin I never played which is why I said the chance to play it first alone was enough for me.

What did I say?

#180 6 years ago

Not sure why pinheads are scared to put a price down without a distributers name. So what exactly was a 'good' price on the LE then?

Not scared, I will tell you the exact quotes: MOP LE $6750.00; Premium $6200.00. Those prices don't include shipping (why would they?)

That's $550.00 difference. Much less than $1k.

When I said "what did I say?" I was referring to the fact that I agree with you in wanting to play the pin first, as that is the route that I'm taking myself. If I love the pin, a Premium edition will be mine down the road.

Worked out pretty well for me on AC/DC.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside