(Topic ID: 46840)

Is Metallica LE already sold out at the retail level?

By jkdblaze

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jkdblaze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metallicaglass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 10 years ago

Well we know for a fact what people like Automated do with a portion of their allotment....they sit on em, wait until everybody sells out and then jack up the prices....I'm sure there is some of that going on....and I don't see them cutting the overseas allotment, take a look at the Metallica tour dates, a few here and mostly there...

Wait until Star Trek rolls out, the Le's will be sold through to collectors before its announced...

#58 10 years ago

And I don't see why its so surprising after AC/DC le's......I'm sure some people are trying to buy several in hopes to flip for a nice profit...more power to those guys!

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just doing quick figures. All numbers are rounded to make it easy but you get the point.
500 LE at $7k is $3.5 Million

Gravy money after the first $1M. As Gary always states it takes $1M to design and build a game.

Not really "gravy" because the 500 units have a COGS on top of the design/build cost....there is no doubt that they are ringing the register for those Le's with very little difference from the Premiums.....

And you could come close to figuring out margins with the sales price of the pro and then figure out the incremental costs of the upgrades...

They are cashing in no doubt, more power to em!

Wait until Star Trek hits, just like the Fed, they will be printing $$$ and then we'll see where it all goes from there...

#146 10 years ago

Plus you have the flipper/collector buying multiple Le's to sell a few later to pay for the entire pin...betting on the AC/DC success....

Heck, I've already pre-ordered 5 Star Trek Le's

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

I couldn't pull the trigger @7600 almost did may regret it.

Why? when you can have a premium for a lot less that plays exactly the same....you won't regret it.....unless you wanted it just to its going to be 10k by xmas!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-metallica-le-already-sold-out-at-the-retail-level?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.