(Topic ID: 46840)

Is Metallica LE already sold out at the retail level?

By jkdblaze

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jkdblaze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metallicaglass.jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 10 years ago

If anyone has LEs left or knows where I can find one, I'd love to buy one. PM me? Thanks!

#152 10 years ago

Just put down a deposit on a LE !! gameroomguys has 2 left !! Hurry !!

#153 10 years ago

Gameroom Guys are sold out. Missed the last one by 30 seconds. I officially give up.

#154 10 years ago

Anyone think about calling the Canadian distributor Starburst? They're usually quite a bit higher than the US guys but it might be worth it with this one

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

There are 3 possible outcomes:
a) Demand is high and not enough are available. Customers unhappy, Stern loses potential profit
b) Demand is low so Stern and Distributors have them sitting around in warehouses. Stern and Distributors Unhappy.
c) Demand meets expectations.

d) By keeping the LE supply short compared to demand, people will create multiple threads talking about LE availability, thus adding fuel to the promotion fire. Perceived increased value (which often happens when something is unavailable) can make it even more desirable and can increase demand for all models of the product in general. Lather, rinse, repeat.

#156 10 years ago

I know one thing for sure, in about a month or so Pinside membership will jump up by at least 200.

Note to Robin: Beef up those servers !

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Maybe Stern got cold feet on the multiple LE concept since one usually ends up being much more desirable than the other? (Hulk vs. Blue, BIBLE vs. LTBR, etc.)

They shot themself in the foot though. Picking Let There Be Rock as a title for the other LE. Common, when you think of AC/DC albums, who really thinks of that one first? Highway to Hell LE or High Voltage LE would probably helped even out sales much better.

#158 10 years ago

I couldn't pull the trigger @7600 almost did may regret it.

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Why? when you can have a premium for a lot less that plays exactly the same....you won't regret it.....unless you wanted it just to its going to be 10k by xmas!

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

You only live once - go for it - don't regret it.

#161 10 years ago

Yea too late could have used your advice like an hour ago LOL if one pops up ill do it .

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why? when you can have a premium for a lot less that plays exactly the same....you won't regret it.....unless you wanted it just to its going to be 10k by xmas!

By Christmas??????? More like 2 weeks before the game is officially released at this rate.

The hype for this game is through the roof. I've never seen hype for a game go quite like this.

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There are little differences, like the plastic apron. Not a massive deal but it does change the way the game plays.

#164 10 years ago

Playdium in Canada is getting 25 he said.

I got my LE, so now I wait for the mailman to deliver

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

There are little differences, like the plastic apron. Not a massive deal but it does change the way the game plays.

Premium has a metal apron, just black. It's got the same light up art as the LE. The Pro has plastic w/ decals.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Just curious...$7200 if you were half on top of things, $7600 if you were not sleeping 24 hours straight on Thursday. So $400 was a deal breaker on $7k+ purchase??? Seems odd.

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I actually agree. Plus you will probably still be a couple bucks ahead

Premiums arent that much cheaper then the LE's

#168 10 years ago

Premium is the same game, limited editions are just that, limited, so they are gone, oh well. Just snatch up a premium!

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Metallica could surpass that.

They haven't even released the video yet. Lay off the drugs son.

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Thanks Einstein.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

They haven't even released the video yet. Lay off the drugs son.

Great article.

arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/will-the-metallica-table-help-pinball-ride-the-lightning-to-relevance/

#172 10 years ago

Watch in SLOOOOOO MOOOOOO and take a bit more in.

Look at the DMD story boards Hand drawn animation goodness in the works.

#173 10 years ago

Game room Guys had a few the other day.

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Just curious...$7200 if you were half on top of things, $7600 if you were not sleeping 24 hours straight on Thursday. So $400 was a deal breaker on $7k+ purchase??? Seems odd.

It was the totality of paying that much for a game that still has very limited info . Probably a dumb move on my part but oh well.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

$1,000 for a different cab and backglass art package is a decent amount IMO. Not to mention getting to play the pin before buying it instead of pulling the trigger based on pics and hype. Getting the chance to play it first is enough for me. But as always to each their own.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

$1,000 for a different cab and backglass art package is a decent amount IMO. Not to mention getting to play the pin before buying it instead of pulling the trigger based on pics and hype. Getting the chance to play it first is enough for me. But as always to each their own.

I would agree that $1k is a decent amount of difference, but that is *not* the difference in price between an LE and Premium if you pre-ordered from a good distributor. In fact, it is almost half that!

If you are going to pre-order a pin without playing it first, it makes zero sense to me to not get the LE. What reason would there be to pre-order a Premium? They will make plenty of them, so you can play it first then decide. That's exactly the route that I'm taking.

#177 10 years ago

We go through some of the same distributers I am sure, so your saying they were selling LEs for less than $6800? I would never put down near 7K for a pin I never played which is why I said the chance to play it first alone was enough for me.

#178 10 years ago

We go through the many of the same distributers I am sure, so your saying they were selling LEs for less than $6800? I would never put down near 7K for a pin I never played which is why I said the chance to play it first alone was enough for me.

What did I say?

#179 10 years ago

Not sure why pinheads are scared to put a price down without a distributers name. So what exactly was a 'good' price on the LE then? Not sure they would be selling the premium for less than 6100-6200 shipped so that puts the good price on LE shipped for $6700?

#180 10 years ago

Not sure why pinheads are scared to put a price down without a distributers name. So what exactly was a 'good' price on the LE then?

Not scared, I will tell you the exact quotes: MOP LE $6750.00; Premium $6200.00. Those prices don't include shipping (why would they?)

That's $550.00 difference. Much less than $1k.

When I said "what did I say?" I was referring to the fact that I agree with you in wanting to play the pin first, as that is the route that I'm taking myself. If I love the pin, a Premium edition will be mine down the road.

Worked out pretty well for me on AC/DC.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just doing quick figures. All numbers are rounded to make it easy but you get the point.
500 LE at $7k is $3.5 Million
Gravy money after the first $1M. As Gary always states it takes $1M to design and build a game.
So for shits and giggles....
4000 premium at $6500 is $26,000,000 MILLION$$$
Times are good for Stern.
I heard AC/DC has sold over 6000 units.
Metallica could surpass that.

I'm glad they are making money. Good for their investors that came in and saved a dying company. Good for the other start ups like the Predator boys (among others) to see there is real money to be made in this industry.

Bring on more competition making more pins and continuing to give us more options. Let's roll; the hobby is apparently even healthier than many people had thought.

#182 10 years ago

Got you thanks for the info Rob not trying to give you a hard time. It just seems so secretive some times you know.

Quoted from RobT:

I will tell you the exact quotes: MOP LE $6750.00; Premium $6200.00. Those prices don't include shipping (why would they?)

I only get quotes that include shipping because IMO that is the real way to see what the best deal is on a pin that you are purchasing.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What did I say?

You guys are both right. I had the chance to snag a MOP for $7,155 shipped. I just decided not to pull the trigger on this one. The only time I ever did that was with X-Men and we all know how that ended up.

By the way, I thought about creating a thread around noobs and when you first come into pinball. The reason I bought X-Men without playing it first was because I was not on these boards. After reading, I started to realize all the mistakes I made when buying pinballs since 2006 (my first pinball Raven). Then I got WPT as my first real new pinball. However, I wouldn't have made any of these decisions and would have gotten a LOTR instead if I had just discovered guys like you earlier to learn from.

Live and learn. However, opinions like yours are the reason I'm saving my cash for something I really want.

#184 10 years ago

So by the time most people do what they are taking about (new armor, pro translite,) the difference may be what 4-500 bucks??? You're saying it isnt worth getting the LE for that much more???

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks Einstein.

For people like you even the most obvious things need to be spelled out.

#186 10 years ago

Well, I finally got my Metallica LE. Thanks to Doughslingers for pointing out the Met Club in this thread. I believe I got the last or second to last one this afternoon as they are now showing Sold Out.

#187 10 years ago

Actually, I just refreshed the page and it's showing in stock again. Not sure if it's right or not (or how their inventory system works).

#188 10 years ago

How much is the Met Club selling them for?

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from SDobek:

$7595 plus shipping (unknown) plus any applicable taxes (probably California, possibly Illinois).

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So by the time most people do what they are taking about (new armor, pro translite,) the difference may be what 4-500 bucks??? You're saying it isnt worth getting the LE for that much more???

How I feel about it is if every LE is going to 'Sell Out' before giving most the chance to play it I will gladly let you and others pick up the LE. To me the cab trim and trans art don't matter all that much as long as the gameplay and features during gameplay are the same. I realize many on Pinside love having a model that is limited and that is cool. Just really never mattered to me is all so yea I will take the chance to play it first and 4-500 bucks gladly over buying before I play it.

#191 10 years ago

TDA...You can play mine when I get it in. Being told by JJ more than likely end of May it will ship.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from SDobek:

From 101.9 Music News...

"Start saving your money now, Metallica fans, because you’ll need quite a few quarters to own the group’s new signature line of pinball machines. After recently announcing a list of their songs that will be heard in the games, Metallica has now revealed the price tags.

Three different versions of Metallica Pinball will be available, each with its own unique artwork and playable features. The pro version will run you $4,995, while the premium version -- which features a body design that mimics the band’s road cases -- costs $6,995. A limited-edition version of the game will be available as well for $7,595, which features artwork from the band’s 1986 album, Master of Puppets."

http://www.newrock1019.com/play-pinball-with-metallica-for-just-4995

The MetClub also indicates the 30 day preoder window closes May 13

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

TDA...You can play mine when I get it in. Being told by JJ more than likely end of May it will ship.

Thanks for the offer I bet May cant get here fast enough for you!

#194 10 years ago

Thanks for the offer I bet May cant get here fast enough for you!

Come to my place. You can play ACDC and Metallica head to head...

#195 10 years ago

Yes looking forward to it. Delivery day should be exciting....6 LE's delivered to my place. One is mine and 5 others ordered as well on a group buy...so I am not the only local guy that is looking forward to the end of May.

#196 10 years ago

I have 3 coming to my place. One for me and the others for friends. Tried to get 5 but the other two guys missed out unfortunately. Nothing like seeing a half dozen or so new pins sitting in your garage at one time. Now that's a Kodak moment!

#197 10 years ago

I wish I could find one

trying to use my HUO SM as bait too

#198 10 years ago

Unfortunately. I've tried several places.

#199 10 years ago

Looks like the one from Automated on eBay for $8995 + shipping finally sold. Last one "out in the open" that I'm aware of.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-metallica-le-already-sold-out-at-the-retail-level/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.