(Topic ID: 46840)

Is Metallica LE already sold out at the retail level?

By jkdblaze

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jkdblaze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metallicaglass.jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Everything is dead. They don't want that to happen.

Thats nuts

Metallica is going to do exceptionally well for them it seems.

I went to the Stern YouTube channel...

13,000 views = 3 months ago = AvengersLE

29,000 views = 9 months ago = XMLE

15,000 views = 12 months ago = ACDC

Then we have Metallica

62,000 views = less than 48 hours later = Metallica

Damn thats 22 views per minute + crashed servers & LE's sold out within hours of opening day

When Star Trek hits I bet they sell out in minutes, 100,000 views on day one & then Pinside crashes

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Word is that Stern wasn't sure sales were going to be that great so they only did the 1 LE and then cut the total number down from previous games. They still have Avengers LE's sitting at distributors. Someone didn't do their homework. But they do have a Premium... going to be on the streets before AV Premium I'd imagine

I'm sorry I didn't HYPE this pin months in advance !
.......and now it looks like $10k before Christmas.

Seriously they made 500 METLE, that's the total of AC/DC BIBLE (300) and LTBR (200) combined.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

When has Lyman ever let you down?

Never.

I was able to get a LE from GAP and am very happy.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Thats nuts
Metallica is going to do exceptionally well for them it seems.
I went to the Stern YouTube channel...
13,000 views = 3 months ago = AvengersLE
29,000 views = 9 months ago = XMLE
15,000 views = 12 months ago = ACDC
Then we have Metallica
62,000 views = less than 48 hours later = Metallica
Damn thats 22 views per minute + crashed servers & LE's sold out within hours of opening day
When Star Trek hits I bet they sell out in minutes, 100,000 views on day one & then Pinside crashes

The game was also announced on the Metallica website,fans are going nuts for the game to.

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Seriously they made 500 METLE, that's the total of AC/DC BIBLE (300) and LTBR (200) combined.

I really think they did only one LE due to people wanting the one version more. I think Stern made the right decision.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

The game was also announced on the Metallica website,fans are going nuts for the game to.

Thats the energy in the game - they are selling something they like

#107 10 years ago

come on.. cant anyone help a brother get an LE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I fully support this idea. But I think that a Ride the Lightning LE at 250 and a Master of Puppets LE at 250 would have been equally popular.

500 of each would be better. I think it's not too late to announce 500 RTL LE's if they do it in the next 24 hours. I heard a rumor (A RUMOR) that there was plans for a RTL LE as a second LE title from the beginning. Bring it on and let the public get what they want!
Terry.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I thought the word was 400, and only 250 remained statewide? Anyhow, I'm still of the opinion that Stern is NOT benefitting from the LE model. There are 3 possible outcomes:

a) Demand is high and not enough are available. Customers unhappy, Stern loses potential profit
b) Demand is low so Stern and Distributors have them sitting around in warehouses. Stern and Distributors Unhappy.
c) Demand meets expectations.

In the best of those scenarios Stern only meets their projections, with no room to exceed them in any of the 3 cases.

In this case the premium model exists, but lets face it, everyone prefers both the LE and Pro art package. It's just an odd business model, but collectors are an odd lot.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

500 of each would be better. I think it's not too late to announce 500 RTL LE's if they do it in the next 24 hours. I heard a rumor (A RUMOR) that there was plans for a RTL LE as a second LE title from the beginning. Bring it on and let the public get what they want!
Terry.

I would be a little pissed if there was a RTL LE. I ordered the other but would prefer a RTL for sure

#111 10 years ago

the second package is just a miss - they could fix it.... but one never knows.. we all gave them hell over ac/dc and the face but it appeared to have gone just fine for them... they seem to know they can't make us all happy and let the games speak for themselves

#112 10 years ago

Based on all of this hype, looks like Stern is the Master of Puppets.

#113 10 years ago

Any distributors who may have a LE and see this, pm me? Thanks!

#114 10 years ago

The Premium isnt that bad. Trust me. These things look better in person. Stern picture taking sucks.

The media attention has been huge for a pin. I bet they have another LE run later. Like SMB.

Personally I think this will be the best pin of the year. Star Trek Trailers are not impressing me. Gene R. would not want movie to be like Transformers or Avengers. Hope Im wrong.

#115 10 years ago

I guess I'm the only guy who thinks the Premium looks better than the LE.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It's ok Dan. We still love you.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The Premium isnt that bad. Trust me. These things look better in person. Stern picture taking sucks.
LE is really Limited. The media attention has been huge. I bet they have another LE run later. Like SMB.
Personally I think this will be the best pin of the year. Star Trek Trailers are not impressing me. Gene R. would not want movie to be like Transformers or Avengers. Hope Im wrong.

Agree there is not much more you getting in LE from what I can tell. If I keep telling myself that I could hold off or settle for a premium and maybe play it first which would help. I can't decide and trying to tell myself I like rock n roll but never really got into Metallica but the original artwork design shot selection toys etc look like this is the most satisfying pin from Stern and reminds me of the 90's area style.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Are you doubting King Ritchie?

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

It's ok Dan. We still love you.

Heh. Blame it on JP. Realistic translite, cartoony playfield.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

I would be a little pissed if there was a RTL LE. I ordered the other but would prefer a RTL for sure

I spoke with Jim Belt sales guy at Stern today and he stated that Master of Puppets will be the only LE produced. I specifically asked about Ride the Lightning and he said No, only Master of Puppets.
I would be surprised to see a different LE run.

#122 10 years ago

ThankYou Grindle3

#123 10 years ago

Looks like you got the last one from him. Congrats. Seller was nice and replied to me as well but I just could not decide and probably want to see more of game.

#124 10 years ago

Well, still no score for me. I needed a distributor that would take a deposit. I would need to sell my MB to help fund this game. Looks like no MOPLE for me. Anyone want to trade a MOPLE + 2K for a nice MB?

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Well, still no score for me. I needed a distributor that would take a deposit. I would need to sell my MB to help fund this game. Looks like no MOPLE for me. Anyone want to trade a MOPLE + 2K for a nice MB?

Chris at Cointaker said he has 1 left.

[email protected]

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Wait for Maiden to be made.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you're putting it next to a Gold Wings, sure...I can see how that might be appealing to you.

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

Chris at Cointaker said he has 1 left.
[email protected]

Thanks, that's the one guy I didn't contact. Email sent.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Wait for Maiden to be made.

What are the odds?

#130 10 years ago

I think Trent will have a lot to sell

#132 10 years ago

trent is sold out too I am told

#133 10 years ago

Just doing quick figures. All numbers are rounded to make it easy but you get the point.
500 LE at $7k is $3.5 Million

Gravy money after the first $1M. As Gary always states it takes $1M to design and build a game.

So for shits and giggles....
4000 premium at $6500 is $26,000,000 MILLION$$$

Times are good for Stern.
I heard AC/DC has sold over 6000 units.
Metallica could surpass that.

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

trent is sold out too

yes

#135 10 years ago

Three models are available for order now, the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition through Stern's dealers or for Met Club members who log in and hit the store here.

Check Metallica.com I know people who have purchased TRS pins from the Stones webpage store and it seems they are doing the same here, I am not member so I could not see. Maybe that is why supply seems limited. Great news for al pinball. The more press generates much more interest, again great times for pinball. Maybe even Best Buy or Amazon if you are dire need of one.

#136 10 years ago

I'm thinking make my own le. Premium with pro decals and trans light and powder coated rails/ lock bar. Would be better than all 3 as I like the pro look more.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I heard AC/DC has sold over 6000 units.

That is awesome !

#138 10 years ago

I'm surprised we haven't seen them increase the number of LE machines available. Every one remember that happening with TF le? Originally only 99 of each side were going to be made, then changed to 125 when demand was higher....

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Just doing quick figures. All numbers are rounded to make it easy but you get the point.
500 LE at $7k is $3.5 Million

Gravy money after the first $1M. As Gary always states it takes $1M to design and build a game.

Not really "gravy" because the 500 units have a COGS on top of the design/build cost....there is no doubt that they are ringing the register for those Le's with very little difference from the Premiums.....

And you could come close to figuring out margins with the sales price of the pro and then figure out the incremental costs of the upgrades...

They are cashing in no doubt, more power to em!

Wait until Star Trek hits, just like the Fed, they will be printing $$$ and then we'll see where it all goes from there...

#140 10 years ago

Behold... the power of Metallica! I am not surprised if the LE's are sold out, their fans are RABID!

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

I'm thinking make my own le. Premium with pro decals and trans light and powder coated rails/ lock bar. Would be better than all 3 as I like the pro look more.

I actually agree. Plus you will probably still be a couple bucks ahead

#142 10 years ago

I have a feeling we'll be hearing from distributors over the coming weeks/months that they "happened to be able to snag some more".... at an increased price.

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

So for shits and giggles....
4000 premium at $6500 is $26,000,000 MILLION$$$

Stern could have had this, but considering the Pro has superior artwork and not many significant features missing, that may cost them $$MILLIONS$$

4000 premium at $4000 is $16,000,000 ($10M less).

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

I considered this, but:

- I like the arctic silver, including the arch.
- mirrored back glass
- I really like the Master of Puppets cab. Looks 'fan'tastic

So, add up the cost of plating legs/rails/lock bar/arch, pro decals + install, and mirrored back glass, added up to more than the LE.

Think I will get the coin door done though .... not sure what I want to do with it ... extend the art work? Arctic Silver? ...options, options ....

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Behold... the power of Metallica! I am not surprised if the LE's are sold out, their fans are RABID!

They will be all sold out almost everywhere by tonight. It riding on the heals of a successful Rock pin and the Metallica fans.

Demand seems higher then ACDC for LE. So limited on US sales.

#146 10 years ago

Plus you have the flipper/collector buying multiple Le's to sell a few later to pay for the entire pin...betting on the AC/DC success....

Heck, I've already pre-ordered 5 Star Trek Le's

#147 10 years ago
#148 10 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Looks like Automated just dropped one on eBay for $9k...
Ebay link

...except the photo is of a premium...

#149 10 years ago

I'm betting that Star Trek gets a lot more LE's produced.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
San Antonio, TX
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-metallica-le-already-sold-out-at-the-retail-level/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.