(Topic ID: 46840)

Is Metallica LE already sold out at the retail level?

By jkdblaze

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 199 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jkdblaze
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

metallicaglass.jpg

There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

i wonder if its cuz the Premium shown is just not right - read another say a alternative design was in works for the Premium... Thats what made me pull the trigger on the LE

The Pro art should be the Premium art and vice versa. Don't know what they were thinking. It looks so different from the other two art packages. It would look right at home next to an ACDC.

#52 10 years ago

Gameroomguys.com - two left as of a few minutes ago.

Go.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Yea if I cant get an LE I will just wait and play see if I like premium enought for the extra $$$...hope they offer a different art package though sheesh

metallicaglass.jpgmetallicaglass.jpg

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Gameroomguys.com - two left as of a few minutes ago.
Go.

very helpful +1

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Premium alternate

Instead of Premium alternate they should just make it the Premium translite and be done with it. Throw that other one in the trash already.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Instead of Premium alternate they should just make it the Premium translite and be done with it. Throw that other one in the trash already.

Yup....the band case cab art is fine...won't look "wrong" with a Donnie translite.

I've talked to lots of people today who would have just ordered a Premium but were so turned off they wanted LE or nuffin'

#57 10 years ago

Well we know for a fact what people like Automated do with a portion of their allotment....they sit on em, wait until everybody sells out and then jack up the prices....I'm sure there is some of that going on....and I don't see them cutting the overseas allotment, take a look at the Metallica tour dates, a few here and mostly there...

Wait until Star Trek rolls out, the Le's will be sold through to collectors before its announced...

#58 10 years ago

And I don't see why its so surprising after AC/DC le's......I'm sure some people are trying to buy several in hopes to flip for a nice profit...more power to those guys!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup....the band case cab art is fine...won't look "wrong" with a Donnie translite.
I've talked to lots of people today who would have just ordered a Premium but were so turned off they wanted LE or nuffin'

I'm in that boat too. If the alternate translite Rufer linked above plays out that might work since I could just throw the machine between a couple others so I wouldn't have to look at the cabinet.

Have to admit I'm really surprised they didn't make multiple LE's with this one. A Ride the Lightning LE seems like such an obvious choice and maybe even a blacked out one for the uber popular Black Album.

Maybe Stern got cold feet on the multiple LE concept since one usually ends up being much more desirable than the other? (Hulk vs. Blue, BIBLE vs. LTBR, etc.)

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Maybe Stern got cold feet on the multiple LE concept since one usually ends up being much more desirable than the other? (Hulk vs. Blue, BIBLE vs. LTBR, etc.)

Bingo.

#61 10 years ago

I see all the haters have finally stfu lol, this game is gonna be huge.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Not so much cold feet, as convinced by a group of distros that they needed to stop saddling them with a version that wasn't selling as well.

#63 10 years ago

I fully support this idea. But I think that a Ride the Lightning LE at 250 and a Master of Puppets LE at 250 would have been equally popular.

#64 10 years ago

Zdoor and I are sorry we could not get more of these LE machines... We tried, believe me WE TRIED and they are all sold.

If anyone is interested in a Metallica Premium or Pro just let us know and we will do your best.

Thanks,
Steve

#65 10 years ago

Even the ones on Ebay are selling already as it looks like most distributors are out or almost out. I guess this is the sign of things to come - like when Playstation 2 & 3 came out - only there is a limited # here, so waiting isn't going to help you get one.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I fully support this idea. But I think that a Ride the Lightning LE at 250 and a Master of Puppets LE at 250 would have been equally popular.

And a RTL would have been the most desired !!!!!!!!!!!

#67 10 years ago

Wow I lost respect for a few distros on here already, great business. I contacted right after new of release to tell me a price to buy and I get no contact at all and come home tonight to see everyone is sold out. Feels good getting screwed over cause I have a job that I can't sit on Pinside 24/7.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Wow I lost respect for a few distros on here already, great business. I contacted right after new of release to tell me a price to buy and I get no contact at all and come home tonight to see everyone is sold out. Feels good getting screwed over cause I have a job that I can't sit on Pinside 24/7.

Gameroom Guys show 2 on eBay, call them in the morning and buy one at the price everyone else paid. At $7600 shipped on eBay their fees with Paypal are $415, that puts you right at the $7200 shipped most were quoted. Send them a check so they don't have to eat 3% and you're done.

#69 10 years ago

Im not buying into the hype on any game again. I'm holding out for WOZ anyway. From what I hear, it's supposed to sing show tunes and blow you.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

From what I hear, it's supposed to sing show tunes and blow you.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Marc:

Gameroom Guys show 2 on eBay, call them in the morning and buy one at the price everyone else paid. At $7600 shipped on eBay their fees with Paypal are $415, that puts you right at the $7200 shipped most were quoted. Send them a check so they don't have to eat 3% and you're done.

Ya they might have come through, they said they'd contact me in the morning with one on hold for sale. Lets hope they come through as about 2 others blew me off big time. I'll make sure and give them a big thanks plenty of times upcoming

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Surley some custom Premium Translights will be made !

Premuim will be Awesome with the right translight

seems not to many fussed over build #'s now , lol

Plenty of Hype Downunder

Hoping Stern does not do another rush job
and can apply some decent QC

good luck to all chasing the LE's
hopefully not too many Tools trying to cash in, spoiling it for genuine collectors

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Im not buying into the hype on any game again. I'm holding out for WOZ anyway. From what I hear, it's supposed to sing show tunes and blow you.

LMFAO! You have literally been on fire days!

I think Stern may go back to the model of having multiple different LE's to pick from in the future once or twice, but they sure made a good decision only doing one this time and most of the time. Pinball machines are impulse buys . . . don't give people too much to decide over or they will struggle to make any decision at all and the machines won't sell out in six hours.

Give them one machine so there is but one decision to make, buy it or don't. That gets the impulse buy.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

LMFAO! You have literally been on fire days!
I think Stern may go back to the model of having multiple different LE's to pick from in the future once or twice, but they sure made a good decision only doing one this time and most of the time. Pinball machines are impulse buys . . . don't give people too much to decide over or they will struggle to make any decision at all and the machines won't sell out in six hours.
Give them one machine so there is but one decision to make, buy it or don't. That gets the impulse buy.

Good point - It worked on me!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Are you for real.. They are called Limited editions for a reason. If you make 1000 it doesn't make them limited. JJP hasn't sold squat until the products fly off the line.. at best he's sold magical air to everyone until he delivers.

Huh? Limited doesn't mean small quantity it means "limited" to a set number, so a 1000 unit run is still limited.

#76 10 years ago

As of now I do have 4 LEs left. I am also down to 1 final Tron.

#77 10 years ago

I guess at the end of the day with the other translight the premium will be fine..heck the pro looks great too, but wish they would LED them from the factory and the hammer wll be missed for sure..the other missing stuff is great too but not as disappointing. All in all a really nice pro though...I would prefer the LE for looks, collectiability and of course would be nice if it held it value in case I ever needed the $$ while I dont buy games to sell them its nice to know if I every fell on hard times and needed it for something I could get it back

Good luck to all, and good night!

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Prefontaine79 and AV8 are looking for them. I sent them your info.

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

Pm sent

#80 10 years ago

Has the hype ever gone like this before - its crazy... I was sold on the bank of three drop targets and art... I went from looking to I have to own...

#81 10 years ago

PM sent

Quoted from Grindle3:

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

And a RTL would have been the most desired !!!!!!!!!!!

Word is that Stern wasn't sure sales were going to be that great so they only did the 1 LE and then cut the total number down from previous games. They still have Avengers LE's sitting at distributors. Someone didn't do their homework. But they do have a Premium... going to be on the streets before AV Premium I'd imagine

#83 10 years ago

Im looking for LE also. Thanks for help guys.

#84 10 years ago

When will the LE ship?

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Has the hype ever gone like this before - its crazy... I was sold on the bank of three drop targets and art... I went from looking to I have to own...

The cycle continues... Crossing my fingers for you guys with short term memories that the code is great

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

The cycle continues... Crossing my fingers for you guys with short term memories that the code is great

When has Lyman ever let you down?

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

ha ha very true... I love short term memories... however i was always a fan of x-men... it helps to be a pinball fool

#88 10 years ago

The Stern website was crash. And is still down. What other pin does this? I knew this would be popular.

Still looking for LE

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

When will the LE ship?

LE ships in May, I believe.

#90 10 years ago

Stern's servers must have died

#91 10 years ago

See 8 posts above Grindle9 he reports that he has 4 but looks like 2 are sold

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pinball machines are impulse buys . . . don't give people too much to decide over or they will struggle to make any decision at all and the machines won't sell out in six hours.

I think there are probably a lot of people who are in on this as impulse buys. It would be interesting to know how many people decided to get one in the last 48 hours or so. Im also the type of person who thinks if Im going to definitely get one, might as well spend the extra 1k or so and get the LE. Just makes sense.

If I had any interest at all, I would be in. But Ive convinced myself I dont want one.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Grindle3:

pm sent

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

See 8 posts above Grindle9 he reports that he has 4 but looks like 2 are sold

There are 3 distributors that have the LE on ebay.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Stern's servers must have died

Is that PR or real though?

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Is that PR or real though?

Everything is dead. They don't want that to happen.

#98 10 years ago

Anonymous caught wind of the Premium translight and went DDOS on them.

#99 10 years ago

Pm sent as well but in the end like someone said the premium is just as good besides the translate and your getting the same game with almost everything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 25.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 49.99
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Battle Creek, MI
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 199 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-metallica-le-already-sold-out-at-the-retail-level/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.