Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20140615_195252.jpg
image.jpg
cletus.jpg
image-693.jpg
image.jpg
metpoll.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoever is playing doesn't understand even the first thing about this game then, and will get their ass handed to them by someone who does. Maybe that flew pre 1.5, but not anymore.

I'm not sure I agree with that. It's a relatively low risk strategy, a lot of the other stuff can be pretty unforgiving. Shooting the drops can be sketchy in terms of where the ball goes on the return (unless you cradle on the left flip and backhand, that's not bad), the snake shot a bit wide to the right can result in a screaming fast return off the left side right ramp target right down the middle (not to mention snake rejects/rattles), same for a right ramp shot pulled to the left. A snake reject can be deadly. My experience seems to be that you get to make very few mistakes in the game since almost every shot has a fair amount of risk associated. I find myself trying to play it normally and finding that it's a battle for control, always kinda seems like the ball loves hanging out right on the tip of the flippers.

#206 10 years ago

Yeah I kinda thought we were kinda talking about scoring strategy in a tournament / competitive setting. It's not fun for everyday play but it gets the job done. I stand by my earlier comments.

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry but I have to chime in on this too. There is consistent and there is kick ass and beat everyone else. To do that you must employ a much better strategy. Can you do this by just hitting sparky for an entire game?

Certainly, you're entitled to chime in! I just wonder if you can walk up to the game every time and get that kind of score playing the game the way you did to get that score? Outlanes wide open, ball savers reduced greatly or turned off, etc? I'd be nervous to play the way I normally play in a serious tourney since I can't consistently rack up huge scores just 'having fun'. A few tourney guys just roll the dice and give 'er, but I notice you often see them playing pretty conservatively.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bow to Keefer's experience.

I wish you could have seen the common sense in the other posters' opinions. But it's good to have confirmation that we're not crazy for thinking the way we do

edit : it's not like I just played it once and walked away and just randomly threw that strategy out there, it's been sitting in my living room since May of last year

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveP3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-metallica-a-top-10-pinball-now-the-update-has-landed?tu=SteveP3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.