• Yes 232 votes
    50%
  • No 178 votes
    38%
  • Needs more 53 votes
    11%

(463 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140615_195252.jpg
image.jpg
cletus.jpg
image-693.jpg
image.jpg
metpoll.png

There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If I could change something on MET, it would be this:
Swap mystery level and bonus multiplier methods. Completing the rollover lanes advances the bonus multiplier, not the mystery level. Mystery level increase instead would be gained from the grave targets. The reason is that Mystery Level increases just never seem that special. The rollover lanes should have a better purpose therefore. Well, just my opinion. Completing rollover lanes just doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.
Rob

Would be nice this way........ hopefully we might get 1 more update or maybe a couple more songs

#402 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

If I could change something on MET, it would be this:
Swap mystery level and bonus multiplier methods. Completing the rollover lanes advances the bonus multiplier, not the mystery level. Mystery level increase instead would be gained from the grave targets. The reason is that Mystery Level increases just never seem that special. The rollover lanes should have a better purpose therefore. Well, just my opinion. Completing rollover lanes just doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything.
Rob

I'm not sure I would like that. You hit the drop targets much more often than the lanes are completed. They would need to adjust the bonus scoring significatly for that not to completely nerf the bonus. That would be my concern with swapping those.

I think a better solution might be to make the change in mystery reward levels a little more meaningful. Right now I agree that its not really worth being concerned about, or at least it doesn't seem like they are. If you were actually building it up towards some meaningful rewards it might be worth paying attention to.

#403 5 years ago

Something I don't understand yet, is when the left or right orbit spider arrows are flashing and I make that shot, the post goes up and the ball comes back down either the left lane or into the pops (and the arrow keeps flashing). I hate that post and I understand it's part of the game, but I don't like it. Did I miss discussion about this? Why is the ball blocked when trying to make an orbit shot?

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Something I don't understand yet, is when the left or right orbit spider arrows are flashing and I make that shot, the post goes up and the ball comes back down either the left lane or into the pops (and the arrow keeps flashing). I hate that post and I understand it's part of the game, but I don't like it. Did I miss discussion about this? Why is the ball blocked when trying to make an orbit shot?

I'm not sure what the flashing inserts mean, on my LE they change colors instead. But the post only stays down if you're making an orbit shot as part of a combo. On my game that's indicated by the spider inserts going red. Any red shot can be completed to keep chaining the combo, and it whips around the orbit as part of that.

I like it, means that you only get that shot when you're trying to chain things, kind of keeps it fresh.

#405 5 years ago

I really want to get one but my wife absolutely hates the band. The deal is if I ever do pick one up I'd have to swap all the songs for Coldplay.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

I really want to get one but my wife absolutely hates the band. The deal is if I ever do pick one up I'd have to swap all the songs for Coldplay.

What a sad state of affairs LOL. I couldnt imagine someone telling me what to do with my life, but if it works for you... Thats like you telling her what color car she is buying, or what type of shoes she should get..

#407 5 years ago

My favorite game of all time. It will never leave my home !

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I hate that post and I understand it's part of the game, but I don't like it.

Most left orbits on my game hit the post get rejected instead of dropping into pops. So I just disabled the post altogether until I can figure out how to improve the results. Actually like the loop much better now, but pop advances are harder to come by.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What a sad state of affairs LOL. I couldnt imagine someone telling me what to do with my life, but if it works for you... Thats like you telling her what color car she is buying, or what type of shoes she should get..

If she was choosing pink I'd sure as shit put my foot down. Out of respect I think I can pass on the one pin she cant stand the theme to. It's called compromise, and it goes both ways in a "working" marriage.

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

If she was choosing pink I'd sure as shit put my foot down. Out of respect I think I can pass on the one pin she cant stand the theme to. It's called compromise, and it goes both ways in a "working" marriage.

Fair enough!

I'd just pitch getting it with a headphone kit though.

#411 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Fair enough!
I'd just pitch getting it with a headphone kit though.

Its not the fact its got music, its the fact that she doesnt like Metallica. So either he gets a Met and replaces the music with Nickelback, or he forgoes his dream of owning a Met pin. Tough spot to be in...

1 month later
#412 4 years ago

Just a small fraction behind TOTAN right now. Surely a few have either not rated or rated using old code and have not updated. I know the ratings don't matter... Blah...blah...blah. But MET really is an amazing game. I have owned mine since NIB and still enjoy it as much as the day I got it. There are just so many strategies and different ways to play. I love trying to get to EOTL. So much fun! Let's push it to top 10.

#413 4 years ago

Granted I'm still in the honeymoon phase as I've only had the pin for 1 week, but its my favorite Stern to date and I've had a lot of good ones.

#414 4 years ago

I don't rate games on Pinside, so I'm part of the problem.

But it's a top 10 for me!

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't rate games on Pinside, so I'm part of the problem.
But it's a top 10 for me!

Here is you chance to make a big difference in the pinside ratings. You could be the one to make MET a top 10 machine. Think of the personal satisfaction and GLORY!

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Here is you chance to make a big difference in the pinside ratings. You could be the one to make MET a top 10 machine. Think of the personal satisfaction and GLORY!

I'll be honest and say that I simply just don't care about the ratings. They're worse than meaningless, because people actually assign too much meaning to them.

But it's a bad ass game, no question. I still play it every damn night. I'm not a kick ass player, finally cracked 300 million the other night and it felt good, but I still have a lot to conquer!

#418 4 years ago

MET is the best. I rated it 10/10 because I legitimitely thought it was top notch in every rating category.

#419 4 years ago

this pin is a blast, no doubt about that

#420 4 years ago

I don't really care for the band. However, the game is so well done, it doesn't really matter. On the converse, I like AC/DC music a lot more, but do not enjoy the game play enough to own one.

There are a lot of ZZ-top-like guitar riffs in a bunch of games from the 80's and 90's that paved the way for the branding of "the music pin that features one band". You probably don't realize that the BG music tracks on a ton of pinball machines were composed and remixed by famous folks.

Have you ever heard someone playing pinball say something like, "Damn, that guitar-riff-type-music just ruins the way that this Getaway or JD plays." I suspect that would be the minority crowd complaining about classic games with riffs in them.

You could just remove all the lyrics out of the songs (using the pinball browser) if that is your preference. That would be a ton of work, but I suspect someone may have already done the work for you.

#421 4 years ago

Top 5 pin for me. It is addictive and pumps up the adrenaline big time. Play it for pure pleasure and not for points. Have the pro which is perhaps the best pro stern ever made.

Get the same with Acdc which is my no 1 pin

#422 4 years ago

I agree. Best pro Sterns are Met and Tron. I don't count machines pre-LE to be "pros".

#423 4 years ago

Awesome pin, my favorite Stern to date, and even better with 14 Rush songs!!!

#424 4 years ago

Yes / Top ten, and thanks for making this one =)

#425 4 years ago

AcDcPrem Top Ten as well, Yup I said that/
And I will say soon I will own the Top Ten on my top ten list

#426 4 years ago

You know what would be great, is if the poll could send a reminder in two years to update your ranking of the machine. I'd love to see how my tastes have changed or grown in that timespan and come back to review where I think any machine places in that time.

#427 4 years ago

Really fun pin but not top 10. Probably top 20. I really enjoy it, great sound and fun shots but it's just a little bit on the easy side. I actually prefer ST over MET and I prefer both over AC/DC.

I also would knock at least 5 of the top 10 pins out of the top 10....IMHO TZ, MB, AC/DC, TOM & TOTAN would not make the top 10.

They would be replaced by - STTNG, Tron, IM, HSII and ST. Spider-Man and MET would just miss.

#428 4 years ago

Good game, but hell no!

#429 4 years ago

Just goes to show you, polls don't mean shit

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Really fun pin but not top 10. Probably top 20. I really enjoy it, great sound and fun shots but it's just a little bit on the easy side. I actually prefer ST over MET and I prefer both over AC/DC.
I also would knock at least 5 of the top 10 pins out of the top 10....IMHO TZ, MB, AC/DC, TOM & TOTAN would not make the top 10.
They would be replaced by - STTNG, Tron, IM, HSII and ST. Spider-Man and MET would just miss.

What? Met, "easy side". What game were you playing again? Did it not have a tilt bob in it? What games do you consider difficult if MET=easy side?

#431 4 years ago

metallica with rush songs? yikes. lmao

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Metallica with rush songs? yikes. lmao

You would be amazed at how great it sounds, especially with a kick ass subwoofer attached.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Metallica back in the day, but after awhile I just found their stuff to be okay, where these Rush songs NEVER got old for me:

Spirit of Radio
Fly By Night
Freewill
Beneath, Between, Behind
The Trees
Tom Sawyer
Limelight
Farewell to Kings
Red Barchetta
Closer to the Heart
Bastille Day
Natural Science
Xanadu

That's Rush in their prime, 74-80

Post edited by cscmtp

#433 4 years ago

Honeymoon phase over. I would find it hard to believe that it would be any lower than ten as a consensus pick for the masses. A lot going on in my life and pinball took a back seat for a short while. Moving was a big reason. Started playing a bit again and still love the game. I am thinking about downsizing a bit , just like i did with my move, and have been playing all my games with that idea in mind. and one conclusion that I have made is that my LOTR will never leave. I still find it to be the best Stern ever.

#434 4 years ago

MET is a really good pin. I don't think the replay value over the long haul is there for me though so it doesn't make my Top 10

#435 4 years ago

metallica is a 10 ten stern machine for me for sure.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

MET is a really good pin. I don't think the replay value over the long haul is there for me though so it doesn't make my Top 10

that's where being able to change the songs prolongs the fun IMO. same thing with ACDC

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

What? Met, "easy side". What game were you playing again? Did it not have a tilt bob in it? What games do you consider difficult if MET=easy side?

I don't know...maybe it's just me but I have little difficulty getting multiballs going....and when you start staking them you can be in for a longish game. I find it fairly easy to start......oh hell what's he called? The dude in the electric chair? Anyway, starting that multiball is fairly easy and I can do it over and over in the same game....often times on the same ball. Not that difficult when you can nail him from either flipper. I've really only played the game 15-20 times total and had multiple games over 200 million and one over 350 million. Maybe the one I've been playing is set up a little on the easier side (extra balls as rewards) and that's making all the difference?

Don't get me wrong....I love the game.....just not sure it would last in my own lineup.

What games are harder? (Modern)
IM
JM
BSD
AC/DC
Tron
STTNG
Shadow

#438 4 years ago

I've broken 300 million on Metallica myself, but I was only half way to the wizard mode doing so. I sure as hell wouldn't characterize Metallica as "easy".

#439 4 years ago

I've had a few big games, but WAY WAY more crazy short games, under 20 million, sometimes under 10 million. Its NOT an easy game.

#440 4 years ago

Set the game to factory, 3 ball, replay, tight tilt and factory outlanes. It can be very challenging! On this set up, my high score was 650 million-ish and I was only a few shots away from End of Line.

Certainly you can bash up the middle to restart Sparky over and over but there is so much more depth to the game besides the multiballs...Seek and Destroy, Fuel, 4 Horsemen, Lady Justice, 4 Crank it Up modes. If your routinely achieving and finishing all these, the game is either set up too easy or you're the next Keith Elwin.

#441 4 years ago

Just had a KILLER game, best score to date, 507 million. That is set to factory, 3 ball.

#442 4 years ago

Yep ... MET is a keeper.
Some month ago we needet a new car and a pin had to leafe: MM, WOZ or MET ..... MM is gone and not missed for around 6 month now. MET is played most. Right now BoP 2.0 and TWD are also played but the BoP resets often and TWD is not that flow you get with MET.
In Germany MET is hard to find as used machine ... TWD are offered NIB and HUO many, many, many.

MET is a top 10 pin !

#443 4 years ago

Well all it finally happened and now it is in the top 10 where it belongs, I feel it will climb a bit higher as well.

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Well all it finally happened and now it is in the top 10 where it belongs, I feel it will climb a bit higher as well.

Or because it climbed up people will start downvoting it to sandbag it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside