Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

attack1 (resized).jpg
    index (resized).jpg
    1EE99487-5F4E-4CD8-9DCD-8E0142142237.jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

WB’s is making another Matrix movie - yahoo! Can a Matrix pin be far behind? Best theme ever. Let the bidding for 100% rights to everything in all four movies begin at $1M. Can’t wait, knowing someone will be building this beauty but that it will be a good five years out.
    1EE99487-5F4E-4CD8-9DCD-8E0142142237.jpeg1EE99487-5F4E-4CD8-9DCD-8E0142142237.jpeg

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/08/20/entertainment/the-matrix-trnd/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

#2 4 years ago

Follow the white rabbit...What a great theme!

#3 4 years ago

Will Stern realize this is the license that got away once?

Will JJP see opportunity to make a blockbuster pin?

Will a partnership develop that allows CGC to design and build the game?

Will American Pinball be selected as a contract manufacturer?

#4 4 years ago

I would love a Matrix pin.

#5 4 years ago

Please George!!! Please!!

#6 4 years ago

Oh my gosh,

My mind races with must have mechanisms and cool sculpted toys and video clips using actors. This pin must be a widebody pin with an upper and a lower playfield, 4 ramps, 7 flippers, 10 magnets, 7 subways, 100 coils and using 10 balls.

#7 4 years ago

I’d love a Matrix pin. Definitely a cool movie, I remember watching it a few times in the theaters when it came out.

#8 4 years ago

The first movie was the only good one. A Matrix pin would be cool though.

#9 4 years ago

This pin would have so much potential...lets hope Stern doesn't secure the license so its done properly with all the movie assets.

#10 4 years ago

Could be one hell of a theme, endless possibilities, but the themes that make the most sense don't always get built

#11 4 years ago

Take my money please .... in with an LE haha!

#12 4 years ago

Game comes with a large spike that players take turns inserting into their own spines to connect with the game and join the matrix world. No flipper buttons are necessary.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

This pin would have so much potential...lets hope Stern doesn't secure the license so its done properly with all the movie assets.

Then count JJP out as well.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Then count JJP out as well.

JJP would be great if they can get their act together.....

#15 4 years ago

Love this franchise of movies!!

So many possibilities for an epic Pinball game.

Hoping this becomes reality or is it !!

#16 4 years ago

Where and when can we send $$$$ - this is a no brainer hit if done right by any of the current manufacturers - bring it on!!!

#17 4 years ago

Clearly a slam dunk. Pinball companies are idiots. How hard is it to pick this! And hard can it be to get a 20 year old license?

But do it right! Assets assets ASSETS! Don’t put me in the “world of the Matrix”. I want the fucking Matrix!

But don’t bother if the license is restricted to the new movie. That’s a risk. If the new movie kicks ass, make a move, but you need PROOF it’s a hit.

WE WANT THE ORIGINAL. We want call outs from the movie. From ALL the original actors. Plus movie footage. ALL movie footage.

Otherwise don’t bother. You’ll fuck it up and be damned for all eternity. This much is true.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Clearly a slam dunk. Pinball companies are idiots. How hard is it to pick this! And hard can it be to get a 20 year old license?
    But do it right! Assets assets ASSETS! Don’t put me in the “world of the Matrix”. I want the fucking Matrix!
    But don’t bother if the license is restricted to the new movie. That’s a risk. If the new movie kicks ass, make a move, but you need PROOF it’s a hit.
    WE WANT THE ORIGINAL. We want call outs from the movie. From ALL the original actors. Plus movie footage. ALL movie footage.
    Otherwise don’t bother. You’ll fuck it up and be damned for all eternity. This much is true.

Couldn't agree more....just look a Stern JP....it looks like an incredible layout with a nice rule set; however it had the potential to b an all time great if they would have secured more than the logo, theme song, and the image of the goat

#19 4 years ago

Finally someone said it! Amen brother!

#20 4 years ago

https://www.yahoo.com/news/matrix-4-officially-happening-keanu-204316208.html

I think this is universally the theme people in the pinball community want to see... but this movie will be really far out there. Reeves is shooting Bill and Ted, then he's shooting John Wick 4, then I guess this movie. You won't see this movie for 2, 3 maybe 4 years. So the question is would a pinball company want to WAIT for that movie to come out. My guess would be yes... someone will try and get the license and I would guess it would be JJP.

Why?

JJP has done a lot of business with Warner including Hobbit, WOZ and now Wonka. But I'd really hate putting out the game knowing the movie was down the road. You would want to release that game in combination with the movie. So my guess would be this... yes you'll see a Matrix pinball, but probably not for 2 to 4 years would be my guess.

#21 4 years ago

20 yr old property. About the ripe, right time for Hollywood to do another shameless fucking cash grab since they seem to be ALL OUT of new, original concepts.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

20 yr old property. About the ripe, right time for Hollywood to do another shameless fucking cash grab since they seem to be ALL OUT of new, original concepts.

I think it has to do more with Reeves being hot again than anything else, and his willingness to do another one. Heck he's doing another Bill and Ted, a John Wick 4, so why not remove the stain of the last Matrix with a Matrix 4.

Oh yeah and they're hoping that a Matrix 4 will inspire someone to do a pinball.

#23 4 years ago

I would rather see a fast-paced John Wick pinball than a Matrix though!

#24 4 years ago

I don't get the love for the Matrix trilogy.

The first one was amazing but 2 and 3 were very hard to watch IMO.

#25 4 years ago

one of the boutique manufacturers will express interest, and then stern will buy the rights and do nothing with them

#26 4 years ago

Amen

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Let the bidding for 100% rights to everything in all four movies begin at $1M.

I'd much rather see either company take that same million dollars and invest it in innovation and improvements. Take that same tech, and build an original theme.

20 year old license?

Then it's 20 years too new for Stern to be interested.

#28 4 years ago

The Pinnovating retheme wasn't too bad from what I saw.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-matrix-pinball-machine-pinnovating
    index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago

A rob Dougan soundtrack would be frigan amazing!!

#30 4 years ago

^ add in Don Davis/Juno Reactor's Mona Lisa Overdrive, and you have an instant winner!

Tell me this track doesn't elevate your pulse rate and I'll call you a liar....

Later,
    EV

#31 4 years ago

Since there is new interest, I'm going to brainstorm some fun things to include. I for sure want to have the Battle of Zion. This was an epic scene from The Matrix Revolutions, where the Sentinels are just pouring into Zion. The free humans are in those giant Armored Personnel Units, shooting like mad. It's complete chaos. This seems like an obvious opportunity for a multiball. During this multiball the player must shoot certain timed shots to defend Zion while also trying to activate the E.M.P. by hitting repeat shots to the pop bumpers. Once online the E.M.P. is set off by an action control button. It's up to the player to do this. They can choose to stay in multiball earning bonus points, or cash out by setting off the E.M.P.. If the player stays in the multiball point value and difficulty increase exponentially. If they fail to hit one of the required shots in time or drain at any point the machines win. Whenever the E.M.P. is hit the multiball is also over. There is a fantastic light show with white lights radiating outwards the from the Nebuchadnezzar. The flippers are deactivated and the balls fall, mimicking the Sentinels falling in the movie.

attack1 (resized).jpgattack1 (resized).jpg

#32 4 years ago

Seems fitting for this thread.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from rlslick:

Seems fitting for this thread.

I’ve played the retheme and although it’s fun to play and shoots nice it’s still a johnny mnemonic and part of the game could be better and more fitting for matrix.

Stern and Gomez could easily do a matrix using a modified JM layout seems and easy one for them to pump out.

#34 4 years ago

I'd happily accept a rethemed Maiden from Stern,,, just sayin'.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I'd happily accept a rethemed Maiden from Stern,,, just sayin'.

Gomez picked LOTR to design over Matrix, right? So a rethemed LOTR into the Matrix would fit great. That means white star boards and playfield includes -1 swing out bash toy, 8 modes, 1 sword lock, 3 multiballs, 1 mini-wizard mode and 1 very difficult to reach wizard mode. How awesome would a reskinned LOTR into a Matrix be? A*W*E*S*O*M*E*!*!

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Since there is new interest, I'm going to brainstorm some fun things to include. I for sure want to have the Battle of Zion. This was an epic scene from The Matrix Revolutions, where the Sentinels are just pouring into Zion. The free humans are in those giant Armored Personnel Units, shooting like mad. It's complete chaos. This seems like an obvious opportunity for a multiball. During this multiball the player must shoot certain timed shots to defend Zion while also trying to activate the E.M.P. by hitting repeat shots to the pop bumpers. Once online the E.M.P. is set off by an action control button. It's up to the player to do this. They can choose to stay in multiball earning bonus points, or cash out by setting off the E.M.P.. If the player stays in the multiball point value and difficulty increase exponentially. If they fail to hit one of the required shots in time or drain at any point the machines win. Whenever the E.M.P. is hit the multiball is also over. There is a fantastic light show with white lights radiating outwards the from the Nebuchadnezzar. The flippers are deactivated and the balls fall, mimicking the Sentinels falling in the movie.
    [quoted image]

Nice try. There is no movie called Matrix Revolutions. The movie ends with Neo realizing he is The One and kicks agent Smith's ass in the dojo. Perfect ending and confusing why they would do a 2nd movie 20 years later.

#37 4 years ago

Have you guys seen the version of the original movie where they recoded it to be in all ASCII characters (like the intro)?

#38 4 years ago

Please no stupid glove

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Nice try. There is no movie called Matrix Revolutions. The movie ends with Neo realizing he is The One and kicks agent Smith's ass in the dojo. Perfect ending and confusing why they would do a 2nd movie 20 years later.

Yeah...but there were good moments from the second and third films. It took like 5 years to produce the original, the second two were finished in 2 years total.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

LOL I agree. There is a fan edit of Revolutions & reloaded which cuts out about 3 hours of stupid crap and it's actually QUITE a good movie. Mostly it's the fight scenes, and the key scenes with the Architect, Oracle, Sati and a few other people basically just explaining the path of Neo (not as good as the 1st, natch)

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Gomez picked LOTR to design over Matrix, right? So a rethemed LOTR into the Matrix would fit great. That means white star boards and playfield includes -1 swing out bash toy, 8 modes, 1 sword lock, 3 multiballs, 1 mini-wizard mode and 1 very difficult to reach wizard mode. How awesome would a reskinned LOTR into a Matrix be? A*W*E*S*O*M*E*!*!

I never played that, but I've played Maiden and love it. It's just not a theme is want displayed on a 5 ft billboard in my house. The Matrix I could handle.

#42 4 years ago

Probably sell well but I have no interest in a new one after those fucking stinkers 2 & 3...just goddamn horrible.

The only ray of hope is that only 1 Whichoski is involved with someone else, so hopefully they wont be able to spitball 48 sub plots and an extra hour for no reason at all. I wish they'd just do their Speed Racer instead.

Quoted from wayout440:

The Pinnovating retheme wasn't too bad from what I saw.

Limited with JM layout for sure

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-matrix-pin-next?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.