image.jpg
image-2.jpg
IMG_1793.JPG
IMG_0627.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-5.jpg
image-839.jpg

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 8 years ago

The demand for a Luci has seemed to have spiraled upwards at an unbelieveable pace.
I have one that is Mint Huo with low plays and mods, and have been asked many times recently if I would sell it. I have gracefully declined to do so.
I think that the artwork is awesome.It plays fast, and has a clear lower playfield window.I don't think that I could part with it unless someone offered me their BIB for it even up.Then maybe I would consider that.
Is it becoming the next Tron Le ?

#2 8 years ago

I specifically am looking for a non-Luci AC/DC Premium, fwiw. I assume I'm in the minority, but dunno. Hopefully it saves me some bucks when I do find one, at least...

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

I specifically am looking for a non-Luci AC/DC Premium, fwiw. I assume I'm in the minority, but dunno. Hopefully it saves me some bucks when I do find one, at least...

AC/DC premium in any form is a great game.

#5 8 years ago

Doubt bib level Stretch but you should get much more then a vanilla premium. I think it's more since some more family oriented collectors would not touch this. My guess since we have seen so few for sale around 7 thousand for huo and I think your price is higher used then new for this one. If I could swap mine for a luci I would but not at a crazy price.With the full Aurich art package you are not far off a luci.

No not near Tron LE level but more rare then the vanilla premium.

P.s. Hold onto it!

#7 8 years ago

Stern will not VE Tron LE or BIB, if they see money in it they will renew AC/DC license and VE or just re-run Luci.

I think the VE threat will keep premium or pro titles from climbing too far.

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I think the VE threat will keep premium or pro titles from climbing too far

I disagree.

#9 8 years ago

I don't think I could sell mine if someone layed out 10k in front of me...

#10 8 years ago

I personally like the reg Premium better than Luci also. All the pink color and the artwork just don't appeal to me. Just my 2 cents

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Is it becoming the next TRON LE ?

No... its not. It has the benefit of being a low run version - but long term who knows. If you are looking to sell or trade yours now, then you are certainly in a better position. But it is no BIB or Tron LE...

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

No... its not. It has the benefit of being a low run version - but long term who knows. If you are looking to sell or trade yours now, then you are certainly in a better position. But it is no BIB or TRON LE...

Agreed.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

No... its not. It has the benefit of being a low run version - but long term who knows. If you are looking to sell or trade yours now, then you are certainly in a better position. But it is no BIB or Tron LE...

Thunderking chimed into another AC/DC thread and mentioned that he talked to a guy at Stern and was told that only 200 Luci were produced if that's the case it is the lowest production of all AC/DC including LE's

Quoted from thunderking50:

Get a Luci they made only200 copy !
Stripper Chicks + Clear window !

Quoted from thunderking50:

Stern,i called for a problem on my Met and
Start talking with the guy and he told me this
I was surprised

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

The demand for a Luci has seemed to have spiraled upwards at an unbelieveable pace.
I have one that is Mint Huo with low plays and mods, and have been asked many times recently if I would sell it. I have gracefully declined to do so.
I think that the artwork is awesome.It plays fast, and has a clear lower playfield window.I don't think that I could part with it unless someone offered me their BIB for it even up.Then maybe I would consider that.
Is it becoming the next TRON LE ?

I have a Luci like yours. I bought from a fellow pinsider for 5,600 6 months ago. I have been offered $6,500 twice already. All I have done is wax it. The original owner added cannon mod, bell mod and invisiglass. Indeed Luci is great and demand is still increasing while production has stopped as we all know. I do not think my wife would ever let me sell it. She is the one that made the decision to pick one up and boy did she hit a home run there...the game ROCKS!

#16 8 years ago

I'd take a premium, ugly as it is. Great game, but tough on the eyes. As an AC/DC fan, though, I've gotta say that the Luci has NOTHING to do with the band and for that reason is of no interest to me.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd take a premium, ugly as it is. Great game, but tough on the eyes. As an AC/DC fan, though, I've gotta say that the Luci has NOTHING to do with the band and for that reason is of no interest to me.

Ugly old men is what kept me from wanting one in my collection. Hot devilish pinups instead? Couldn't resist...

#18 8 years ago

Knew whom the author of this thread would be before even opening it.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Ugly old men is what kept me from wanting one in my collection. Hot devilish pinups instead? Couldn't resist...

The idea of ugly old men drooling over a Luci is what's keeping me from wanting one...

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude?

Quoted from nephasth:

That's what I'm talking about!

More of this!
image.jpgimage.jpg

And less of this (get that guy a shirt!)
image.jpgimage.jpg

#21 8 years ago

LOL...wishful thinking OP. Wishful thinking. To me it's the worst package of the ACDCs. Don't see it reaching BIB heights, but crazier things have happened I guess.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'd take a premium, ugly as it is.

I would do the same. I know the stones will be thrown, but even though Luci wasn't a bad idea, I think the artwork is cheezy at best. Such a great game, but BIB was the only one they really got right in the artwork dept. IMO.

#23 8 years ago

I have no interest in a Luci. I want a regular boring old Premium. Though I'd prob upgrade to Aurich's hot ass devil chick Translite even though Helen as a name is a terribly unsexy name (it's my Grandma's name).

#24 8 years ago

I am extremely happy with my Luci. I am glad I waited as long as I did before buying an AC/DC. The wait paid off with a Luci. It is my favorite pin and I pimped her out pretty good.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thunderking chimed into another AC/DC thread and mentioned that he talked to a guy at Stern and was told that only 200 Luci were produced if that's the case it is the lowest production of all AC/DC including LE's

They Also made 200 of the McDonalds (LTBR) LE's

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Dude?

More of this!
image.jpg
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'm guessing you guys also whacked off to Jessica Rabbit back in the day?

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Dude its pinball art. I'm sorry a chick with not perfect flesh tone skin didn't do it for you....

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

The demand for a Luci has seemed to have spiraled upwards at an unbelievable pace ...

It's not just Luci. The regular premiums have suddenly become hot as well. The recent ColorDMD support combined with Stern announcing that they officially stopped production created the perfect storm.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh she is hot dude!

#30 8 years ago

Now, now...let's all have a sense of humor. Just busting balls.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude its pinball art.

So is this. Doesn't mean I want to look at it every day.
image-5.jpgimage-5.jpg

#32 8 years ago

I have one in the box. just sayin.

#33 8 years ago

Dude?

More of this!
image.jpg
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'd also like to add that I'll be going to see those old guys in the second pic you posted, and if some hot chick with a big rack and gorgeous ass stands up and starts shaking it in my face during the concert, I'm going to ask her in no uncertain terms to sit the fuck down so I can see what I paid to see.

My wife will do the same. Now, put my wife on a backglass and I'll look at it all day.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#35 8 years ago

I'm guessing there's a vid of Jessica somewhere in there, but I'm not scrolling past pages of annoying teenagers to get to it. You get a thumbs-up for the effort, though!

#36 8 years ago

Ah...I stand corrected!

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I have one in the box. just sayin.

Leave it to me in your will. I'll free her.

LTG : )™

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL...wishful thinking OP. Wishful thinking. To me it's the worst package of the ACDCs. Don't see it reaching BIB heights, but crazier things have happened I guess.

Absolutely wishful thinking.

I could have already bought 3-4 Luci's in the past year... yet I haven't come across one BIBLE I could buy.

Luci- obtainable. BIBLE- unobtainium. Not even in the same stratosphere from my searches.

I'm sticking with my premium... fits my budget perfectly.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm guessing there's a vid of Jessica somewhere in there, but I'm not scrolling past pages of annoying teenagers to get to it. You get a thumbs-up for the effort, though!

I was trying to get an anchor man gif to load... How the F$&@ do you load a gif anyway? I must be the least computer savy guy on Pinside

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I could have already bought 3-4 Luci's in the past year... yet I haven't come across one BIBLE I could buy.
Luci- obtainable. BIBLE- unobtainium. Not even in the same stratosphere from my searches.

??? A guy was just selling one within the last couple weeks. Not sure if he even sold it...

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Is it becoming the next Tron Le ?

Oh I am very sure it has low plays. All your machines seem to have low plays and are quickly flipped for the next.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I personally like the reg Premium better than Luci also. All the pink color and the artwork just don't appeal to me. Just my 2 cents

I agree, how does this artwork resemble ACDC? Devil horns on a red girl...hmmm. To each his own tho.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from johnnyfive:

The idea of ugly old men drooling over a Luci is what's keeping me from wanting one...

I'm 29.

...still ugly though.

#44 8 years ago

I was trying to get an anchor man gif to load... How the F$&@ do you load a gif anyway? I must be the least computer savy guy on Pinside

Ask Spfxted. He's got the market cornered on animated GIFs. I think he owns all the licenses, too, so don't piss him off.

#45 8 years ago

Punk.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm sticking with my premium... fits my budget perfectly.

There's a BIBLE in every hotel room drawer.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

??? A guy was just selling one within the last couple weeks. Not sure if he even sold it...

what, one nationwide in how long? I'm taking within reasonable driving distance. And it did sell.

Sorry, I don't see them even being close as far as collectibilty.. Don't get me wrong, I love the Luci art package, I just consider BIBLE to be much rarer.

BTW, I own a premium and am happy with it.

#48 8 years ago

Does it really matter? Can't believe anyone would want Luci to leave. I look forward to spending my nights with her for a very long time.

#49 8 years ago

On a slightly different tangent, someday I hope we can get a Stern interview about Luci. Like who came up with the idea for another art package and maybe ask Doug Watson his inspiration for Luci. Was it totally his idea or did Stern tell him what they wanted? It would be a good read...

Rob

#50 8 years ago

Let there be rock for the win! Why are we forgetting that one?

I also have seen a few Luci's for sale locally.. can't recall ever seeing a Bible except for the rare one for sale nationally.

What matters is the gameplay is the same. Enjoy the masterpiece that Ritchie / Lyman created in any art package!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-luci-now-worth-a-bib and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.