New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 216526)

Is Lord of the Rings truly Stern's greatest pinball machine ever?

By FarFromHeaven26

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 169 posts
  • 88 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zora
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0263 (resized).PNG
download (5) (1) (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0261 (resized).JPG
IMG_0259 (resized).JPG
D2162F6D-9E64-46D3-8AC2-BC6C00486C09 (resized).png
YouTotallyDoSimplyWalkIntoMordor (resized).png
Stern-Pinball-Arcade (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#169 2 years ago

LOTR is my favourate game and will never leave. What makes LOTR so attractive?

I think the game objectives that fit to average players and more skilled players.

It provides enough targets form the average player: beat (not only play) multiballs, destroy the ring, win modes and collect elf gifts, get or beat taba.

For for more advanced player: valinor. I know a some people that have a lotr and the game does nor leave because they have not got to valinor. I think that is the most fascinating issue. Not to have achieved the final wizard mode. „One day I will get to valinor.“ Once you beat the final wizard mode of a pin frequently, it will get boring very soon.

I have not yet achieved valinor. Have been close (only MB ROTK and one elf gift left), but not yet there. I absolutely love the game (music, call outs, depth, objectives, strategy). But the main reason for the success of the game is the complexity to get to valinor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zora.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside