Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 641 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xscrapiron
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is living in Ca. worth it?”

• Yes 48 votes
      24%
    • No 38 votes
      19%
    • Hell No! 113 votes
      57%

(199 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BD139CD3-C7EE-4F57-8748-80C26B4AEBFF (resized).png
    79CDFD3B-1595-4373-942A-5DE553F491D8 (resized).png
    walter1 (resized).jpg
    worldpopgr.gif
    B2C6D2B1-716F-48AB-9DA8-B0190B738585 (resized).jpeg
    A0A16A9A-F071-4622-BD47-0D3BB6E2F2B0 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20150806_123403 (resized).jpg
    87FC6777-5D77-4F27-ACBF-C7F954A79D9A.gif
    21AF42B4-AE5E-40B0-931A-E70AB4F011F8 (resized).png
    5039201D-5667-462D-857A-21154253F4F0 (resized).jpeg
    D73C2D39-A785-4D98-B757-A19A2767DF60 (resized).png
    1C3FA4F3-2D36-4B11-B2A3-7EFA2C43DF4B (resized).jpeg
    28BD812E-EAA5-45F2-A25B-7E932CD6402C (resized).jpeg
    P-2401--Full-Front-Open-v2--500w (resized).jpg
    2BB550FE-D95F-4F35-9A65-E766FBC9C6F0.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#84 3 years ago

Someday I plan to visit CA again, a very fun place for a vacation. I really love the 2 Six Flags parks there.

And the drive changes every few hours. In a desert for a hour, then in mountains, then in a big city, etc.

I know what CA residents mean when they say they can drive a hour to go to the beach, or a hour the other direction to snow ski.

But the high prices on everything, no. And I know gas and everything else is high because of taxes.

All the people I talked to were very cool, and I enjoyed talking to them.

A good friend lived there for several years, and I have heard the good and bad many times.

CA is awesome for a vacation though.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

Anyone in CA asks ... is the weather and amenities worth it? Can I deal with snow? Seattle rain? Arizona/Texas heat? Florida crazies and mosquitos??

In my travels I have heard Seattle is actually pretty good, they just try to act like it rains a lot.

I personally like Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio, and the area and people there.

I currently like every state I have ever traveled to, except LA, I like to drive a tad fast and they busted me going only 12 over. No points on my license, but the fine was hefty.

If I ever go to TX, or CA again, I plan to take I-40 and avoid LA, or if I take I-20 set my cruise 2 mph over the limit and let everyone else pass me.

But really, I never want to move anywhere, I love to travel, and when I travel after some time I miss my home right here.

But, I can see the point of this topic, if I were totally happy right where I live but all these fires and taxes, etc.

So far where I live is pretty good as far as weather, taxes, people, etc.

But do not even try to move to my area at the moment, real estate is very overpriced here at the moment. (not as bad as CA though).

#190 3 years ago

Everyone here that says they could not live in the South because of mosquitos, humidity, and weather has that spot on.

So many times I want to take the boat out, but a good chance of thunderstorms, or way too much wind.

I love the low humidity CA has. And amazing how chilly it gets after the sun goes down.

The people I met were awesome.

The prices of most everything were just way high. (the places I stayed were priced about the same as everywhere else and really nice, that was the only normal).

I love to visit CA, OH, and several states.

I could only live right where I am. 30 years of improvements including a 1800 sq ft commercial grade metal building out back for storage and working on projects, covered boat parking, large covered area for jacuzzi and picnic area.

BUT, had I not made so many improvements the last 30 years, HELL YES, I could move. And after comments on here about Boise I am curious about that area, I want to go there now and see how it is.

I have a friend that goes to CO and wants to move there, while other friends already have another home in SD or MT.

My girlfriends brother lived in CA for a while because of work, I have never really got his take on it but now I am interested to know what he has to say.

CA is for sure a very interesting state.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I’ve looked at many ID homes that were purchased just 36 months ago back on the market for double...my house ain’t doubled in 36 months

Even prices here have pretty much doubled the last few years. (which sucks because it makes my property taxes go way up).

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

earthquake insurance

I have it on my house. A tremor woke me up long ago. My deductible is not high, but the policy does not cover masonry.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I hate to ask, but is she a brick house?

Yeah, but I figure for the $50 a year or whatever maybe it would help with other stuff.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

I walked out of a bar and my nostril hairs froze.

You have to keep those trimmed to prevent that from happening.

1 week later
    #308 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I will have to say, the only way I would want one is if it had a big walkout door straight to the outside.

That is what I have. Leads right out onto a almost level concrete driveway.

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Building is harder on the move as it takes a good 6 months to complete

More like 12-18 months.

Quoted from Pinthetic:

other than clearing some trees

That can get expensive. In the Atlanta area even you get some crazy tree huggers that even though you have all the permits and the right to take down some trees, you may have to pay off duty police to arrest people trying to handcuff themselves to trees.

Trust me, I am in the construction trade, and I know a lot of crazy things you can run into.

With that said, I wish you the best of luck!

I hope everything goes 100% problem free and on budget for you!

BUT, if you go ahead and plan for every single thing to take twice as long, and cost twice as much...well, if things actually go as planned you will always be very happy.

BUT, if you stay a tad concerned about it, you will get by better if a problem/s happens.

#449 3 years ago

Same as everywhere else, except your low humidity feels awesome.

#454 3 years ago

I really hope CA and other areas can get some rain or something to help with the fires very soon.

It sucks all the way around.

Close to a fire or in it = possible loss of life or property.

100's of miles away the smoke presents plenty of problems also.

I wish everyone the Best!

1 week later
    #598 3 years ago

While ago when I seen that stupid 2035 CA car stuff I wanted to come here and post, but I was tied up with something else.

CA is awesome! I have been there once on a road trip, and stayed for 5 days. I had a blast, everyone was awesome!

Gas prices and all other prices I noticed were very high when I was there.

All I want to know at the moment is why with all the wildfires going on, did someone decide to ignore that and come up with some other crazy stuff for everyone that lives there to have to deal with?

#607 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

THIS THREAD WON'T FUCKING DIE

While ago, my local 6 o'clock news, all the way here in GA, talked about fires in CA for 8 minutes, and the 2035 car thing for another 3 minutes. (ABC network).

I have never been in CA except for one time for 5 days, and it was AWESOME!

And everyone I met in CA was AWESOME!

(I am happy right where I am at, I never plan to move anywhere, but I enjoy this tread, and I hope to visit CA again someday).

We can always make fun of all the crazy stuff that always goes on in FL, but I take any CA news a lot more serious.

It was just crazy to see footage of all the horrible fires for 8 minutes, and then a 3 minute story about 2035 car stuff.

I wish not only everyone that lives in CA the best always, but everyone on this planet I wish the best always.

#611 3 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Ahhh thanks man...I needed a hug today...moms going down the tubes with the cancer

I feel your pain. My favorite aunt is not doing well at all right now and in the hospital, and my Mom has such bad memory loss I sometimes have to answer the same question 3 times in 5 minutes.

I hope you, me, and everyone can always have the best life possible.

And things can get crazy really fast, and just change your whole world upside down.

I have been in bad times, in the past, I know those pains.

The last 2 years of my Dads life I helped take care of him in his hospital like bed, in the den of my house. We took care of him here, he never went to a nursing home or any of that.

From Strokes my Dad was basically paralyzed his last 2 years, could not stand up at all, in a bed in my den, with nurses coming by daily for diaper changes and baths, etc.

Before that Dad was blind for 20 years from diabetes.

I am so sorry your Mom has cancer.

Luckily most things do get better, even though sadness will also be nearby.

If everyone could just stay positive as possible, and try to help others, AND try to help someone to smile, it helps a lot.

(and this belongs in the confessional but I will say it here now: When my Dad passed I never shed a tear. He had been blind for 20 years, and the last 2 years not only was he 90% paralyzed from strokes and could not even get out of bed, but also the last 30 years he had Mainers Disease, and was constantly sick like full blown food poisoning kind of sick.

My Dad had a very strong will to live, and as sick as I seen him for years I never understood it, for me if I was that sick I would be wanting to pass on.

Dad was awesome! He raised me great and taught me skills that I have made a career out of!

Anyway, sorry for the long rant.

I love to come here and joke around and try to help someone to smile, because I suck at working on games, so I am no help there.

2020 has really sucked, but I am so glad we have Pinside, this site and 99% of everyone here is awesome!

And the other 1% that is always negative maybe just needs a hug also?

And not the confessional but I will confess I am not a "huggy" person in person, so I do like the fist bump and we stay 6 feet apart.

And again, I am so sorry to hear about the cancer. If there is anyway you can, help with her in your den, like I helped with my Dad.

Nursing homes suck, if you can help at all never send a loved one there.

And like I said, a awesome nurse came to my house the last 2 years of my Dads life to help with him.

Sorry for the rant. But I hope it helps someone here. Life can suck as we get older.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-living-in-ca-worth-it?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.