Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 641 posts
  • 129 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Xscrapiron
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is living in Ca. worth it?”

• Yes 48 votes
      24%
    • No 38 votes
      19%
    • Hell No! 113 votes
      57%

(199 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BD139CD3-C7EE-4F57-8748-80C26B4AEBFF (resized).png
    79CDFD3B-1595-4373-942A-5DE553F491D8 (resized).png
    walter1 (resized).jpg
    worldpopgr.gif
    B2C6D2B1-716F-48AB-9DA8-B0190B738585 (resized).jpeg
    A0A16A9A-F071-4622-BD47-0D3BB6E2F2B0 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20150806_123403 (resized).jpg
    87FC6777-5D77-4F27-ACBF-C7F954A79D9A.gif
    21AF42B4-AE5E-40B0-931A-E70AB4F011F8 (resized).png
    5039201D-5667-462D-857A-21154253F4F0 (resized).jpeg
    D73C2D39-A785-4D98-B757-A19A2767DF60 (resized).png
    1C3FA4F3-2D36-4B11-B2A3-7EFA2C43DF4B (resized).jpeg
    28BD812E-EAA5-45F2-A25B-7E932CD6402C (resized).jpeg
    P-2401--Full-Front-Open-v2--500w (resized).jpg
    2BB550FE-D95F-4F35-9A65-E766FBC9C6F0.gif

This topic is closed.

There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
    #551 3 years ago

Good luck to our brothers in California!You need to keep fighting the knuckle headed Libs out there.

#552 3 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

Scary radicals setting fires intentionally in the woods for political reasons isn't a thing outside of hysterical Facebook threads.

Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

All it takes is one radicalized young man walking through the forest ohh say smoking a cigarette?

And what might he so innocently do with said cigarette?

Is this the story you guys are referring to? I've been looking to see if it was fake or not.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/16/oregon-woman-holds-suspected-arsonist-at-gunpoint-as-wildfires-rage/

#553 3 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

No one wants a goddamn wildfire to torch half of their state, displace hundreds of thousands of people, and make the air poison for weeks.

LOL! You're a funny guy.

so·ci·o·path
    /ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
    noun
    a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

He's telling you if you think the anarchist douchbags (who 99% of Americans of all stripes hate, BTW) have given up their war on convenience stores and are now going agro on Smokey the Bear, how about a little evidence to accompany the rank speculation?

There's tons of evidence. I have read of at least a dozen arrests over the last couple weeks. I don't have time to go back and find each and every one, but the information is out there.

Here's one:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-charged-arson-connection-almeda-fire-southern-oregon/story?id=72960208

Here's another:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/anita-esquivel/

More arson arrests compiled by The Blaze:

https://heavy.com/news/2020/09/anita-esquivel/

And these are just the ones who were caught. Arson is suspected as the cause of dozens more fires in areas where there were no lightning events. Some of you are either suffering from naivete or bias to think people would not burn and/or destroy near their homes. They've been doing so in big cities across the country for months. There are thousands upon thousands of brainwashed, radicalized, disenfranchised, evil people who want to see it burn. Very dangerous people.

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I live in a forest, evacuated for The Old Fire, and I stayed during The Slide Fire.
    I went to a meeting sponsored by the forestry and the biologist told me after the meeting "The bark beetles are not going to wait while while we fight SOFA, Nature Conservancy and Sierra Club in court for 3-10 years".
    It isn't "global warming" it's brainwashed fools who won't hear the science and lose their shit when they hear "old growth".
    From 2003, they didn't listen then and now we are living the nightmare I was told about.
    "Finally, each summer many wildland fire fighters lose their
    life. In the days just prior to a hearing in Congressman
    Walden's posted in Oregon last month, several battle weary fire
    fighters lost their life while returning home late one evening
    from fighting a wildfire. These are the tragic human and
    environmental consequences of the West's forest health crisis.
    Clearly, this disaster status quo is no longer acceptable.
    That is why the House of Representatives passed the
    bipartisan Healthy Forests Restoration Act earlier this summer.
    This bipartisan bill would streamline the cumbersome
    bureaucratic procedures that currently force many projects like
    those desperately needed here in San Bernardino to endure a
    decision making process that usually takes between three and 5
    years. The slow-moving process is the primary reason that
    Federal foresters treat only about 2 million of the 190 million
    acres of forest lands at unnatural risk of wildfire each year.
    When catastrophe is imminent, such a glacial decision making
    process is wholly unacceptable. Our bipartisan legislation
    takes a balance and thoughtful approach to fixing this
    obviously broken process".
    https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-108hhrg89420/html/CHRG-108hhrg89420.htm

Thank you for posting this. I had read about the Healthy Forest Restoration Act, but forgot the name.

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

Easy. There isn't any.
    Scary radicals setting fires intentionally in the woods for political reasons isn't a thing outside of hysterical Facebook threads.
    No one wants a goddamn wildfire to torch half of their state, displace hundreds of thousands of people, and make the air poison for weeks.

Nobody wants chaos in the streets promoting violence either....yet here we are .... and as shocking as it sounds there are mayors that actually support this kind of behavior

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Arson is suspected as the cause of dozens more fires in areas where there were no lightning events. Some of you are either suffering from naivete or bias to think people would not burn and/or destroy near their homes. They've been doing so in big cities across the country for months. There are thousands upon thousands of brainwashed, radicalized, disenfranchised, evil people who want to see it burn. Very dangerous people.

I wasn't saying that arsonists aren't responsible for some of these fires. Sadly that happens every year, alongside lighting strikes, carelessly tossed cigarettes, and untended campfires. Probably been that way since the dawn of time, but certainly over the course of my lifetime there seem to be wildfire arson reports every summer.

But you weren't just saying that arsonists started some of the fires, you were suggesting that left-wing anarchists are starting fires for political purposes. I don't see evidence of that in the two links you provided. Looked like a meth-head (politics unspecified) and a lady with a solid case of crazy-face (politics unspecified). I'm not saying it's impossible, a relatively small number of anarchist wing-nuts have cause a fair amount of property damage in America's cities this summer. But I am asking if your connection of wildfire arson to the anarchists is based on fact or speculation.

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I wasn't saying that arsonists aren't responsible for some of these fires. Sadly that happens every year, alongside lighting strikes, carelessly tossed cigarettes, and untended campfires. Probably been that way since the dawn of time, but certainly over the course of my lifetime there seem to be wildfire arson reports every summer.
    But you weren't just saying that arsonists started some of the fires, you were suggesting that left-wing anarchists are starting fires for political purposes. I don't see evidence of that in the two links you provided. Looked like a meth-head (politics unspecified) and a lady with a solid case of crazy-face (politics unspecified). I'm not saying it's impossible, a relatively small number of anarchist wing-nuts have cause a fair amount of property damage in America's cities this summer. But I am asking if your connection of wildfire arson to the anarchists is based on fact or speculation.

Theres no denying that these left wing radicals are breaking the law all the time...most of these people are angry, and promote radical lawless behavior....look at all the BS going on in Portland and Seattle....they should all be thrown in jail....I'm perfectly fine with peaceful protests, but its gotten out of control.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

LOL! You're a funny guy.
    so·ci·o·path
    /ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
    noun
    a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

And... Still not the ideologically motivated acts that rumours are being spread about the existence of. There wouldn't be a controversy if people were setting up fire watches. There's a controversy because people are setting up armed checkpoints on the basis of these rumours, looking for nebulous "antifa" arsonists. I don't know about anyone else but I'm not interested in the America where people get held up at gunpoint by some bubbas because they came through their county wearing too many articles of black clothing.

#560 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Theres no denying that these left wing radicals are breaking the law all the time...most of these people are angry, and promote radical lawless behavior....look at all the BS going on in Portland and Seattle....they should all be thrown in jail....I'm perfectly fine with peaceful protests, but its gotten out of control.

Who is denying any of that? I'm asking if there are documented cases of one or more of these idiots setting a wildfire for political purposes, which is what I thought IdahoRealtor was saying in the first place.

#561 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Who is denying any of that? I'm asking if there are documented cases of one or more of these idiots setting a fire for political purposes, which is what I thought norcalrealtor was saying in the first place.

All I know is these radicals are angry, nuts, and extremists who consistently break the law with seemingly no recourse...this anti police movement going on is borderline criminal

#562 3 years ago

Imo this whole country is moving towards being a shithole. We’ve thrown away common decency for up votes and the false sense of superiority. Hopefully it’s not too late to stop the next civil war.

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Imo this whole country is moving towards being a shithole. We’ve thrown away common decency for up votes and the false sense of superiority. Hopefully it’s not too late to stop the next civil war.

I'm working on emigrating elsewhere. The last several years have been looking play for play like the runup to sectarian violence we've seen in other countries in recent history, and anyone with the power to avert it is either fanning the flames or sitting on their hands doing jack because it doesn't threaten their paycheck.

#565 3 years ago

I live within a short walk of downtown and the marches have snaked through my neighborhood a few times. That movement is not what I'm concerned by.

#566 3 years ago
    Quoted from stumptown:

I live within a short walk of downtown and the marches have snaked through my neighborhood a few times. That movement is not what I'm concerned by.

I would like to venture a guess on what your concerned about.But we all know but don’t want to be canceled

#567 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I would like to venture a guess on what your concerned about.But we all know but don’t want to be canceled

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Neither do I so I'll stick to the wildfires and the disinformation around their source.

#569 3 years ago

No! Dont move here. Tell your friends who have moved here, to come home. They miss the seasons, and muggy heat, and dying of heart attacks shoveling snow in may. I want my state back!

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#570 3 years ago

I’ve been meaning to say that this thread has become pretty fucking boring. It’s like there aren’t a million kooky-ass forums for whatever floats your boat politically on the internet. Imagine not having to argue with an Antifa or a Trumper? Like minded folks all getting along anonymously...

Simply, is living in California worth it? I say, yes, as long as you’re comfortable here. That’s like the whole point of living, isn’t it?

#571 3 years ago

Nice little earthquake in so cal last night.
    4.8, house shook for about 10 seconds.
    Always fun.

#572 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

I’ve been meaning to say that this thread has become pretty fucking boring. It’s like there aren’t a million kooky-ass forums for whatever floats your boat politically on the internet. Imagine not having to argue with an Antifa or a Trumper? Like minded folks all getting along anonymously...
    Simply, is living in California worth it? I say, yes, as long as you’re comfortable here. That’s like the whole point of living, isn’t it?

Shouldn't the people who don't think it's worth it get to explain why, same as the people who do think it's worth it? A high percentage of those leaving are leaving due to the politics and values (or lack thereof). Seems relevent to the conversation.

#573 3 years ago

Shouldn't the people who don't think it's worth it get to explain why, same as the people who do think it's worth it? A high percentage of those leaving are leaving due to the politics and values (or lack thereof). Seems relevent to the conversation.

It’s all just rather exhausted parroting & coming from a lot of random people from all over the continent. I’d love to hear something new and have it be factual.

#574 3 years ago

If we don’t stand for something,
    we will fall for anything

#575 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

If we don’t stand for something,
    we will fall for anything

no offense, but flick off

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

no offense, but flick off

I wasn’t talking to you and now you’ve hurt my feelings!

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I wasn’t talking to you and now you’ve hurt my feelings!

You're not talking to anyone in this thread, evsshole. Just spewing garbage about something you know nothing about.

#578 3 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

You're not talking to anyone in this thread, evsshole. Just spewing garbage about something you know nothing about.

I looked at your last 5or 6 comments and that's nothing all that productive.Just a lot of the normal talking down to people about how unenlightend the are.

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I looked at your last 5or 6 comments and that's nothing all that productive.Just a lot of the normal talking down to people about how unenlightend the are.

Enlighten me on California, you wedge.

#580 3 years ago

California is a beautiful state!

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Nice little earthquake in so cal last night.
    4.8, house shook for about 10 seconds.
    Always fun.

Scared the crap out of Veronika. She does not like the earthdquakes since north ridge.

Me and the cat slept through it.

#582 3 years ago

I grew up with tornadoes I would almost prefer those, but that's not the way it works of course.

#583 3 years ago

Let’s remember Political discourse is not allowed on Pinside. Please respect that going forward in this thread.

#584 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Let’s remember Political discourse is not allowed on Pinside. Please respect that going forward in this thread.

Funny!

#586 3 years ago

lock 'er up, mods.

#587 3 years ago

CANCELED!!!!

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

So a gentle warning is the new “canceled”? People are so touchy these days.

#589 3 years ago

I'm not interested in reading something from someone in Evansville IN!!! You can't understand anything going on here, unless you live here!Go back to your Corn Flakes!!

#590 3 years ago

Wow you guys are pretty thin skinned!You can say what you want about my state we’re doing fine here.Getting back to work,back to school and running everything with a little common sense.Dont get bent out of shape I wish California the best!

#591 3 years ago

I just read that the state of California has decided that all vehicles must be electric or hydrogen cell units by 2035 with no internal combustion engines allowed in the state. I am wondering if this means that there will be literally thousands of reduced price, nice, internal combustion used cars and trucks available for other states to purchase and use normally. Makes me think that I might be able get a nice, new truck around 2030 from out of California to my area at a great price, where there will likely be no restrictions of this type. It also means that people in California are going to be paying a premium price for their vehicles, assuming they don't decide to use other means of transportation. You can also bet that parts for most of those exotic vehicles will not be sold at Autozone, unless it's something like a light bulb, so there is that also. If you need a new battery cell or some type of high power inverter, that will probably have to come from the dealer at a premium price. So, the cost of maintenance on those type vehicles will also be very high. I don't really think I could imagine normal life without driving my regular Ford truck and fixing things on it myself. I am still a little ticked that I have to use unleaded gasoline that contains ethynol and creates problems in some vehicles over time. I guess I am a product of my environment, which is definitely not California.

#592 3 years ago

I can see the people packing their shit now. I just hope they don’t bring all that stupidity here.

#593 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I can see the people packing their shit now. I just hope they don’t bring all that stupidity here.

Too late...see Austin.

#594 3 years ago

No new cars with combustion engines to be sold, not all cars with combustion engines banned. Which means I’ll get a shiny new 2034 combustion engine car which should be good for 10-15 years. After that I’ll be dead anyway.

#595 3 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

No new cars with combustion engines to be sold, not all cars with combustion engines banned. Which means I’ll get a shiny new 2034 combustion engine car which should be good for 10-15 years. After that I’ll be dead anyway.

My guess is it will get repealed by the voters....

#596 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Makes me think that I might be able get a nice, new truck around 2035 from out of California to my area at a great price,

Exact opposite actually. Grandfathered in petrol vehicles will sell for a premium here because they are here

If this ban is still on the books come 2035, you can expect a tremendous surge in sales here (especially trucks) right before it goes into effect.

Also, millions of cars will be imported from other states by consumers, flippers and dealers anticipating the ban

It’s a joke

#598 3 years ago

While ago when I seen that stupid 2035 CA car stuff I wanted to come here and post, but I was tied up with something else.

CA is awesome! I have been there once on a road trip, and stayed for 5 days. I had a blast, everyone was awesome!

Gas prices and all other prices I noticed were very high when I was there.

All I want to know at the moment is why with all the wildfires going on, did someone decide to ignore that and come up with some other crazy stuff for everyone that lives there to have to deal with?

#599 3 years ago

THIS THREAD WON'T FUCKING DIE

#600 3 years ago

I'm staying.
    Finishing my coffee.
    Enjoying my coffee.

walter1 (resized).jpgwalter1 (resized).jpg
    There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-living-in-ca-worth-it/page/12?hl=zaphx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.