Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is less better?”

• Yes 71 votes
      49%
    • No 73 votes
      51%

(144 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billyidol.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago
    Quoted from pninja005:

I used to have a 20+ top collection. I downsized to 10.
    I have several top games which I love but find myself playing only a couple of times a year
    I wonder having an e.g. 2-3 pin collection with always the latest titles ain't more fun in the end? So basically always buy the latest game and sell the oldest one?
    Hmm..

I have reached my max of about 50. My problem is my collection has all been restored over the last 17 years so getting rid of anything is PAINFUL...... So I keep them and do the best I can on managing space. Currently have 22 on legs and yes I play all of them all the time.

#102 9 years ago

Just started down the less path - I like it as the maintenance was starting to kick my butt. Not as fun to host parties, but nice knowing I can manage the collection and my life.

2 weeks later
    #103 9 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

Just started down the less path - I like it as the maintenance was starting to kick my butt. Not as fun to host parties, but nice knowing I can manage the collection and my life.

Arg, teach me oh wise one.

#104 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Arg, teach me oh wise one.

I just moved, and had a long convo with the Girl about the fact that the door should be pulled off to get one more game in the room… so lets not pretend this is not an addiction that = more then you can ever fit… I basically sold one and was like wow look at me! lol

#105 9 years ago

haha. I'm doing good. I sold a few, bought another though, but only after selling one more. Will be down to 25 soon. Baby steps!

I'll likely binge again and be back up to 30 though.

3 weeks later
    #106 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Net-net, I think I agree that less is more

... and yet I bought a SWE1 last weekend...

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps WPC pinball resets

#107 9 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

... and yet I bought a SWE1 last weekend...

I'm sorry for your lose.

#108 9 years ago

I'll be happy when my third arrives since two is at least one too few. When I redid my basement I had originally planned a space for 10 pins, but with the wife's influence I instead put in a sauna and a full bar so I only have room for 3. We get a lot of use and enjoyment out of the sauna and bar - more than we would with 10 pins instead.

So for me, less is more but not because of upkeep and maintenance. But with that being said if I had room for more I would own more. Next addition will be a bar top MAME or megatouch.

#109 9 years ago

I had one for a few years.....then two for eight more years.

Then in just the last 2.5 years it went 3, 4, 5 & 6... weird. I'll never have a huge collection but I could see maxing out at around 8-9 someday.....if I move.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-less-better/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.