Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
    IMG_7533 (resized).PNG
    1tpzdw (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

No....I love the screens...creativity will come.....the BM66 interaction is quite good, even with early code....adds to the fun of gameplay....no way you're reproducing that w dmd...

And Alien was badass....suspect it will be the best yet....

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

LCD is GREAT for manufacturers as they cost 1/4 the price of a DMD so expect them to continue in pinball machines.

The continuous duty, commercial LCD's are not the same as home use LEDs for home use.....less expensive than DMD? I'm sure, but not by 1/4.... the fact that it's opened incredible avenues for an enhanced experience is where the real value is for me.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

Believe me when I say I know what they cost - we buy LED screens almost every week for several products we make. The screens being used in pinball machines currently are all from China and I deal with the same sources for our product - only we pay even LESS as we are a factory in China and receive a higher discount and tax breaks.

No desire to really debate, as I don't buy dmd's in my line of work, so no idea how much they cost to produce. I just know the large screens JJP use are substantially closer to what I deal with....and they're not cheap.

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from Homepin:

The thought that somehow commercial screens are far superior is not correct.

( responding to your edit)

Ouch!!!...While I agree the term " commercial" is abused in certain areas, I can quite assure you that the displays we deploy ( not just the screen, entire package) in certain hospital environments far exceed capabilities, UL listings, duty cycles, etc. of anything available in a home environment. These things are expensive, and the only solution for some of the equipment they are connected to....

Anyway ( back on topic)....I doubt pinball is moving to LCD/LED elements due to cost, but rather innovation. Saving some cost a nice byproduct.....

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD was and is a game changer
    I've got Woz and JJP to thank for reeling me back into pinball.
    Innovate or die

This^^^^^^^^

And no way BM66 ever could be as cool or campy without it.....this title NEEDED the screen, imho....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-lcd-bad-for-pinball?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.