Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 111 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by daudioguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

index (resized).jpg
    IMG_7533 (resized).PNG
    1tpzdw (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago

Pinball is....pinball - it's mechanical! Let's concentrate on that.

The display methods are incidental no matter if they are mechanical reels or super dooper MASSIVE (stupid) LED screens.

It must be remembered that pinball is a MECHANICAL game.

Try to move away from that and guess what - - you have a video game!

#39 6 years ago

LCD is GREAT for manufacturers as they cost 1/4 the price of a DMD so expect them to continue in pinball machines.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

The continuous duty, commercial LCD's are not the same as home use LEDs for home use.....less expensive than DMD? I'm sure, but not by 1/4.... the fact that it's opened incredible avenues for an enhanced experience is where the real value is for me.

Believe me when I say I know what they cost - we buy LED screens almost every week for several products we make. The screens being used in pinball machines currently are all from China and I deal with the same sources for our product - only we pay even LESS as we are a factory in China and receive a higher discount and tax breaks.

Oh...we also manufacture DMDs and they cost a great deal more to make - the labour and parts cost FAR exceeds even the most expensive, similar LED screen we can buy - commercial or not.

The term "commercial grade" is often used to disguise the truth about most screens, they are sold as commercial because (usually) they will have a few pixels out or some similar issue that retails sales won't accept but commercial will. The thought that somehow commercial screens are far superior is not correct.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-lcd-bad-for-pinball?tu=homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.