Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Slim64
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
dino_skull_(resized).jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Just saw on Stern FB page.. great another code update... for GOT.
Recent many substantial updates for TWD..
Even a couple of updates for WWWE...
But essentially only one major upgrade for KISS since August this year...
Anyone out there hear there is an imminent major upgrade to KISS code?

#2 4 years ago

Ropptastic!

#3 4 years ago

Yes. Its obvious after not getting the update today you didn't think you were going to get they have abandoned you.

#4 4 years ago

Yeah I heard they are totally abandoning KISS. Actually I didn't hear that.

#5 4 years ago

Kaneda, unless you have something substantial to add to my inquiring thread... BUTT out!

#6 4 years ago

Yep it's all over for KISS, sell it now, completely abandoned. Thanks for starting ANOTHER thread about it.

#7 4 years ago

Value just plunged by 50%

#8 4 years ago

In a way I think KISS may be a victim of its own success at the moment. It's a fantastic looking game and doesn't need to be hugely deep to sell well at this point. It appears it's selling well even without the code updates it needs.

I think once sales start to slow it will get the attention it needs. That's when its popularity will work in its favor - it will have been too popular to be ignored.

I also think GOT has sucked in a lot of Stern programming manpower. Once it's done it should free up some programmers.

Having said all that I have no idea how Stern allocates their programmers.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Kaneda, unless you have something substantial to add to my inquiring thread... BUTT out!

Just do what everyone else does.

"Ignored user post"

#10 4 years ago

Anyone out there hear there is an imminent major upgrade to KISS code?

Yes

#11 4 years ago

Sorry I couldn't see/find the other posts.. I wanted to avoid the general "Jareds no good/Stern doesn't listen" other posts.
I've only kept enough to understand who Steve Ritiche/Borg/Lyman are but the programmers I don't follow at all... it's obvious from that video play of Lyman out a month ago he has an intense interest in continuing to enhance TWD code/gameplay.. just wondered if an insider understood if there was any passion there from the ones taking care of KISS..

#12 4 years ago

Man nobody knows the answer but Stern. So what's the point of us speculating?

#13 4 years ago

Mnpinballl good to hear from you.. hopefully you're correct as usual...

#14 4 years ago

I do really want to purchase a KISS.
Just not in the condition it is in at the moment.

#15 4 years ago

Pb your being dramatic. Why should stern only be allowed to release code updates in order? If game code is updated and ready to be released, it should be released regardless of the order the title was released. Stern releases codes updates constantly and have done a great job. Kiss will be updated, have some patience man.

#16 4 years ago

If mr beeks does what we paid him to do we should have a very happy new year. Indeed!

Wait for the crop report.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Pb your being dramatic.

That game came out in May? Jeez you probably have along way to go waiting for code. You do have a few more Sterns so this shouldn't come as any surprise to you.

#18 4 years ago

dino_skull_(resized).jpg

#19 4 years ago

Lonnie games are all the same

#20 4 years ago

There is a pattern with Stern. You are NOT going to get fully completed code until at least one year after initial release. Happened with ACDC, Metallica, and TWD. Coincidentally, all of those games were Lyman coded, so maybe there is something to that.

Bottom line: wait a year for solid code or have a hollow game and be patient.

Like the old saying goes: you can have it now, cheap, and reliable - but you only get to pick 2 of the 3.

#21 4 years ago

They lost my purchase with it the way it is........I cannot believe I have not bought it yet??? I have spent 75% of my life listening to Kiss. Please don't let us down Lonnie!! Please!!!

#22 4 years ago

Looks like it was updated on 9/24. So it's been a few months and people are upset? Since then 3 games have been updated. Thats better than any company in the history of pinball.

#23 4 years ago

I think the vast majority of owners are patiently waiting. I'm all good. Plenty to do in the meantime. I love the layout. I am a lot less frustrated now than I was with Metallica.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Looks like it was updated on 9/24. So it's been a few months and people are upset? Since then 3 games have been updated. Thats better than any company in the history of pinball.

That was not a major update. It was only to fix a topper issue

#25 4 years ago

Chances are good Avengers is getting an update soon. Stern FB post has Santa playing an Avengers.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Beemus:

If mr beeks does what we paid him to do we should have a very happy new year. Indeed!
Wait for the crop report.

Literally laughed out loud.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It was an update. Plain and simple they continually update the code on games. Every damn pinsider knows games do not and will not ship with complete code. Crying it's not complete six months in and pointing out they are updating other titles is getting old. A game is updated every month from stern, if not more. If you don't like how they ship buy them when they are done, or support other companies. Talk with your wallet, stop buying games if this is something that really bothers you, but complaining about something you know prior to purchasing is rediculous.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

They also had a major update in August.

#29 4 years ago

Stern produces thousands of each pinball title. Your typical buyer of these titles are home collectors who seem to have deep pockets & time to complain & street operators who buy multiple quantities of each title and place them at a location. Be happy Stern even updates games & doesnt charge. 95% of coin-op companies charge for updates or now a days want you to be "online" and offer "free" updates for a portion of the cash box. The average person playing a street vendors pinball is maybe playing for 3 minutes. That customer has no clue of "code" or that software is so important to a pinball. Kiss is a good game, customers really enjoy it. Maybe its not "home" or "pinside expert" ready, but it looks good & software will come. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but those important strings of data representing some kind of update will eventually come. The home market will rejoice & the street market or majority of players of coin operated pinball machines will keep playing & remarking "this games looks cool"

#30 4 years ago

My gut says this will get the update that seems to be needed . Look at Met and ACDC everyone seems to like them and why would Kiss be different? This is just an opinion I haven't played these pins very much just seems to make sense.

#31 4 years ago

Merry Christmas to everyone,peace!! Us ST owners know about code updates,Kaneda is right!!We waited for code updates ,and the first updates were trash!Then they fixed those with the 6.1 update that worked,A year later! So,maybe yes,and maybe no,just like Kaneda said!

#32 4 years ago

Seriously, people, the last Stern to be truly "left behind" was WoF. You might not be completely happy with the code on other games, or have unimplemented ideas, or modes that suck, but nothing has been "left behind." Even WPT got 14 updates. Nobody has anything to worry about. Merry Christmas, everyone. Celebrate pinball. It's growing for the first time in 20 years.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Seriously, people, the last Stern to be truly "left behind" was WoF. You might not be completely happy with the code on other games, or have unimplemented ideas, or modes that suck, but nothing has been "left behind." Even WPT got 14 updates. Nobody has anything to worry about. Merry Christmas, everyone. Celebrate pinball. It's growing for the first time in 20 years.

Cheers to a level headed pinsider.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Alright who hacked Gregs account ?

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Even WPT got 14 updates.

That happened due to Keefer's dedication to the game, the customers, and his work. WoF was never left behind as stated numerous times in other threads. Get it straight Greg

#36 4 years ago

Keefer is one of the two best ever. Between him and Lyman, I go back and forth. And Dwight's no slouch. Even though Lonnie is formulaic in his rulesets, Waison seems disorganized and in his own way, and whoever else is there is likely a beginner, the games are pretty well 'finished' or will be soon (Avengers). I think a combination of competition and the "Where's the Code" campaign caused Stern to up their game a bit, and the only "unfinished" game is WoF. That said, the more I play GoT, the more ideas I get (as in change Greyjoy to easier PF multis and have EVERY house acquire the attributes of every beaten house). If none of them is ever implemented, it is still 'finished.'

#37 4 years ago

Not a chance Kiss gets left out in the dust.

This EXACT same thing happened with Metallica.
People bitched, whined, and kinda rightfully so if they shelled out the cash to buy Metallica the way it was in it's early stages.
Premature re-sales, game bashing, everything!
Then ..code gets finished..final updates are excellent..game is now one of the more sought after Sterns.

Kiss will be really good when done.
It's plenty good now; you just have to really work the scoop to get to many of the extra features.
But I am disappointed too that we did not get the rumored update today. Hope soon-

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Not a chance Kiss gets left out in the dust.
This EXACT same thing happened with Metallica.
People bitched, whined, and kinda rightfully so if they shelled out the cash to buy Metallica the way it was in it's early stages.
Premature re-sales, game bashing, everything!
Then ..code gets finished..final updates are excellent..game is now one of the more sought after Sterns.
Kiss will be really good when done.
It's plenty good now; you just have to really work the scoop to get to many of the extra features.
But I am disappointed too that we did not get the rumored update today. Hope soon-

I'm not so sure. Lonnie has a lousy track record without Lyman.

#39 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#40 4 years ago

WTF? No Hilter video about the code. Very disappointed in you pinside.

#41 4 years ago

Better yet, have the house's CASTLE (upper PF on the LE) secure that house's attributes.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Better yet, have the house's CASTLE (upper PF on the LE) secure that house's attributes.

Have you been hitting the egg nog a little too hard? I thought this was a KISS thread, and GOT snuck in here somehow.

#43 4 years ago

I agree with the point that Kiss is such a good seller, that Stern is less motivated to do a quick update.

But rest assured, they will.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Rolling Stones only got 3.

Avengers around 3

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Look at Met and ACDC everyone seems to like them and why would Kiss be different?

Lyman.

#46 4 years ago

KISS..... update or no... its a FULL BLOWN KEEPER in my lineup

great game... anyone that says blah blah blah "terrible game" is NUTZO.... Back to a former thread where I ranted out how my Brother in law got reemed by my Mother in law about spending too much time in the basement over the holidays.. YEAH out of 15-17 pins that I have that are all good one.. HE PLAYED KISS over and over and over and over... hummmm the average dude that just wants to play to score high and have fun and enjoy his pinball playing time.. PICKED KISS and didn't switch away. SPOKE VOLUMES TO ME!!!

#47 4 years ago

As it stands kiss is way behind got; so not sure what is going on with kiss but the code needs a lot more love; very uninspired updates so far on kiss; hoping the team steps up on this next update

#48 4 years ago

Pick a City on Kiss and see what it does for you Pinnaf. Play a multiplayer game and see how the mode scoring works for all players.

#49 4 years ago

No doubt there will be another big update...whats in it will be standard fare from the source.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Look at Met and ACDC everyone seems to like them and why would Kiss be different?

RH, so obviously true. Though it seems the obvious is oblivious to some. (not meant to be a dig, just liked the play on words)

Updates will come, but there are different programmers with a vastly different repertoire. Good luck with that IB ... sorry, but you'll need it if you are hoping for Lyman-level coding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11.95
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside