Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpg
    58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg
    David Byrne (resized).jpg
    zzzzzGryzz (resized).png
    Kaneda (resized).png
    4F49EB25-6902-4028-B66E-C4358086FC99 (resized).jpeg
    86EDB575-BC1D-417D-BE9C-29EDDE689B84 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (2).gif
    E9EE9A91-768C-4823-9C10-B8528ACE37AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3363 (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

I was told about Pinside by a couple cool guys in the pinball industry, and they told me to check it out. I did. That ends today.
    Majority of members on this forum are amazing, knowledgable, friendly, and cool. But there a is a disease spreading on here taking over a big chunk of Pinside and it’s Kaneda Derangement Syndrome (KDS). You guys are super obsessed with him, and I get it, he’s an amazing podcaster, #1 in the world of pinball. He has a great life, he’s intelligent, he has a beautiful wife, has a bunch of twipy’s, he’s a great looking guy. I get it, people are jealous of him. You know what I like about Kaneda, he’s not a schill for anyone. So if the fact that I’m not a sheep and go goo goo gaga for every new pin makes me a Kaneda, then I’ll wear that badge with pride. I don’t listen to any podcast, as I don’t have time for that in my personal life, and I also don’t have the attention span to listen to someone talk about pinball, but if I did, I’d sure give Kaneda a listen since so many people on here think I’m him, and would love to hear someone who speaks his mind about the industry. Seems like every intelligent post I make, gets “your Kaneda” response, so I guess he’s a smart guy! No wonder why so many people talk about him. I’m going to google twipy after this and find out how to vote for him for best podcast.
    So this Kaneda Derangement Syndrome (KDS), has annoyed me for a bit, as I enjoy to discuss pinball, its fun, but why so serious? Almost every post I make, gets met with, “Hey you’re Kaneda”, or “shut up Chris”. So it got annoying after a while and my ignore list grew larger and larger and larger, to a point where threads are starting to look empty. I don’t mind people confusing me, I get it all the time, people always say I look like Brad Pitt , but I’ve repeated many times that I’m not Kaneda, yet, people have KDS, and must miss him or something, and they need their savior. I am not him. Sorry to break your heart one final time, but I’m not Kaneda. But the issue is, a lot of people for some reason hate him, and I get angry messages from people that think I am him, and I just ignore them, as I’m not him. Then came last night when Graysonsdad, decided to say “I hope your family gets Covid and your baby gets autism”, not cool Dean, totally unprovoked and it got me thinking, how bad is KDS here? Why are people so obsessed, and what causes someone to say that to another human being? I started to step back and rethink... is Pinside really worth it? I was really disturbed someone would say that. That’s the most rotten thing I’ve ever read. It also got me thinking, what does Kaneda go through daily? do people send him these kind of messages too? And why? It’s pinball, it’s suppose to bring fun and enjoyment to people. I came here to join a community and talk pinball, where we can be critical of machines and also celebrate machines and successes, but it’s been very hostile towards me lately. Now, I know there are a few screwballs in other forums, no forum is safe from them, but wishing ill will on people’s families unprovoked is a new low. Never have I experienced that in my life, I thought all the messages from various people calling me Chris was crazy…which by the way…is super weird…think about it…you have me saying I’m not Chris and Chris saying he’s not me, we had a little tiff many months ago, so you’re telling me, Chris had a tiff with himself…and somehow this all sounds normal to everyone? That’s some crazy soap opera stuff, and a lot of people here believe and swear by it…sorry, but that’s such a stretch and so illogical and crazy. Hence, the reason I’m leaving. I thought this was a forum about pinball, but it’s a full of KDS. Mind you 99% of you guys are amazing and it was pleasure, just that 1% ruined it for me and that percentage was growing daily, and getting more and more toxic. I’m going to enjoy playing on my pins now. I hope people stop being assholes to one another. I hope people stop being assholes to Kaneda, we a humans who enjoy pinball…don’t know how wishing ill will on a family is an appropriate response to not liking Led Zeppelin’s art work…think about how insane that is. For that reason, I’m out. Good luck Chris, I feel for you, I don’t know what motivates you to keep going, but you deserve a twipy for putting up with this BS. Happy Holidays everyone, and may you all find a pinball under your Christmas tree. Spread love, it’s free!
    Side note, people with autism are f’in awesome, I’ve met many people with autism and honored to be friends with them. Bless the parents who do everything for their child and face those challenges with their child and create an extra strong bond with them and overcome extra obstacles together to live like everyone else. We don’t need people like Graysonsdad attempting to use it as an insult, I was more offended with his Covid remark. For those interested check out Robert Gagno, tell me he doesn’t kick ass!!

TLDR: Definitly special k.

#259 3 years ago

Gryszzz should just make a new acount. Gryzzzzs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-kaneda-gone-again?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.