Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpg
    58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg
    David Byrne (resized).jpg
    zzzzzGryzz (resized).png
    Kaneda (resized).png
    4F49EB25-6902-4028-B66E-C4358086FC99 (resized).jpeg
    86EDB575-BC1D-417D-BE9C-29EDDE689B84 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (2).gif
    E9EE9A91-768C-4823-9C10-B8528ACE37AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3363 (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#87 3 years ago

KMan’s resume -
    I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me down

NeoGeo - active account, few posts
    Kicked off KLOV - permanent
    Kicked off Dodge Collector Site - permanent
    Kicked of Pinside - permanent
    Kicked off Pinball AU Site - permanent
    Facebook Restricted 1st time - partial
    Podcasts Library 1st time - temporary
    Facebook 2nd time - ???
    Podcasts Library 2nd time - ???

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I'm sure it's another stunt for attention, he has done this stuff multiple times now and always comes back.

The only time he should have quit was after losing the on-air-bet that Alien was going to be remade any day. He offered to quit his show for good if he lost. He also offered to get an ass tat. That was more than a year ago.

#116 3 years ago

Facebook and podcast library have been restored. Kman’s back in business and life’s order has been restored. Story to come tomorrow.

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

He's back? Of course, he's back...
    In the world of pinball podcasts (a pretty small crowd of peeps), he has certainly been entertaining. Like others have said, the "shock jock" of Pinball Podcasts.
    That said, I feel like he's running out of gas and the times have caught up to him and he's lost his mojo.
    As others have said, he's mainly a marketing dude. How many machines has he owned? Is he a true player? Getting into a machine and busting his head and hands trying to figure it out? Or is he a hobbyist, fixing and restoring, etc?
    Nope. He's just Chris, promoting his Kaneda brand, his need for Twippys and going for maximum entertainment value.
    Few interviews. No truly strong, positive connections in the industry.
    Some excellent marketing insights, but he needs more body to his knowledge to build from what he has already established. And his body of knowledge and ongoing pinball experience just ain't there.
    Like I said, I used to enjoy him more but he seems to have lost his momentum. Some of my preferred shows, as of end of 2020: Super Awesome with Franchi and Dr. Pin; Pinball Show (I prefer Zach with Greg, like last week -- solid chemistry between those two) and Final Round with Jeff and Martin...and there are many more out there that I enjoy, too.
    Any of you who have had children know what that brings. Just wait until Chris has his child. That changes EVERYTHING. I'm sure he'll be a very good Dad, he cares and he has the energy - despite his diva personality. But being a parent is a total game changer - especially the first 3 years.
    I wouldn't be surprised if were are nearing the end of the Kaneda era.

Very nice analysis.

Every time KMan leaves, quits, takes on break or goes dark; chatter picks up on Pinside with new discussions and topics. Some ask whether KMan’s podcast is good or evil. Others,debate whether KMan is good or bad for the Pinball hobby. Finally, someone reminds us that he is exercising his freedom of speech. That gave me an idea, but I don’t want to do it.

Someone should start a new podcast titled KMan’s Couch. In it they discuss everything KMan. His opinions, analysis, rumors, leaked pics, interviews, music selections, interpreting what KMan said, podcastor dustups, or rants are fair game for content. You get the idea, sort of a Truman Show. I’ll bet it would be quite popular.

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

If anything is getting old, this cycle of pump and dump is it.

In February, his nib GNR_CE will be for sale. I’ll start the guessing at $18.5k. Your guess cannot exceed final sales price. His game will be sold and he’ll buy GNR_LE and pocket $9k. That’s what I would do, but this would be consistent with past behavior.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Didn't he already start to backtrack and say he wouldn't have room for the game with a baby crib in the apartment? If I recall correctly, he also said he was going to move soon, so that excuse doesn't hold water. It wouldn't be kaneda though if he was consistent. I don't hold it against people if they buy something and can make money on it. It just seems extra hypocritical after he raved about the game so much, said he would never sell it, complained about CE's not going out soon enough.. Etc, etc... But we all know he's going to flip it. If I were jersey jack or his distributor, I'd just cancel his order and offer it to someone that will actually play and keep it.

Yeah good one. You missed where he asked his listeners how much a CE was worth, while commenting on their answers. I could hear the gears turning in his head. Sure he can decide to sell his and for whatever he wants. But he often claims he needs the CE because he is such a fan. LE would never be good enough. Anyways what’s your gue$$ ?

#177 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball. Banned from Pinside without chance of re-entry. Every year voices rise that wish Kaneda be allowed back onto Pinside. Their wishes are hopeless as he won’t ever be.

Between the two I would rather be friends with Kaneda. At least he puts his heart into it. Kaneda has some strong takes but with him you can see the trees for the forrest. Don’t think I’d waste my time talking to Pete Rose.

1 week later
    #261 3 years ago

Bubba is the brains of the operation. Brenda is the beauty and KMan is the voice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-kaneda-gone-again?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.