Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpg
    58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg
    David Byrne (resized).jpg
    zzzzzGryzz (resized).png
    Kaneda (resized).png
    4F49EB25-6902-4028-B66E-C4358086FC99 (resized).jpeg
    86EDB575-BC1D-417D-BE9C-29EDDE689B84 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (2).gif
    E9EE9A91-768C-4823-9C10-B8528ACE37AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3363 (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Me too but I quit arguing with Iceman during Happy Hour.

Happy Hour in Texas sometimes seems to go from lunch till 5 am.

#252 3 years ago

Seriously, if Ballpin isnt Kaneda I will eat a shoe. Who else cares enough about Kaneda enough to write that lengthy diatribe.

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Happy Hour in Texas sometimes seems to go from lunch till 5 am.

Hey, if we were drinking in a pool at lunch it could happen

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

... enough to write that lengthy diatribe.

Hmmm...Dr Freighter?

#255 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...Dr Freighter?

Def has the makings of Dr dork except he hates Kman now?

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I talked to Gryszzz recently, he’s doing pretty good, just a little depressed about the election results.

That’s why I love the Gryzz

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

I was told about Pinside by a couple cool guys in the pinball industry, and they told me to check it out. I did. That ends today.
    Majority of members on this forum are amazing, knowledgable, friendly, and cool. But there a is a disease spreading on here taking over a big chunk of Pinside and it’s Kaneda Derangement Syndrome (KDS). You guys are super obsessed with him, and I get it, he’s an amazing podcaster, #1 in the world of pinball. He has a great life, he’s intelligent, he has a beautiful wife, has a bunch of twipy’s, he’s a great looking guy. I get it, people are jealous of him. You know what I like about Kaneda, he’s not a schill for anyone. So if the fact that I’m not a sheep and go goo goo gaga for every new pin makes me a Kaneda, then I’ll wear that badge with pride. I don’t listen to any podcast, as I don’t have time for that in my personal life, and I also don’t have the attention span to listen to someone talk about pinball, but if I did, I’d sure give Kaneda a listen since so many people on here think I’m him, and would love to hear someone who speaks his mind about the industry. Seems like every intelligent post I make, gets “your Kaneda” response, so I guess he’s a smart guy! No wonder why so many people talk about him. I’m going to google twipy after this and find out how to vote for him for best podcast.
    So this Kaneda Derangement Syndrome (KDS), has annoyed me for a bit, as I enjoy to discuss pinball, its fun, but why so serious? Almost every post I make, gets met with, “Hey you’re Kaneda”, or “shut up Chris”. So it got annoying after a while and my ignore list grew larger and larger and larger, to a point where threads are starting to look empty. I don’t mind people confusing me, I get it all the time, people always say I look like Brad Pitt , but I’ve repeated many times that I’m not Kaneda, yet, people have KDS, and must miss him or something, and they need their savior. I am not him. Sorry to break your heart one final time, but I’m not Kaneda. But the issue is, a lot of people for some reason hate him, and I get angry messages from people that think I am him, and I just ignore them, as I’m not him. Then came last night when Graysonsdad, decided to say “I hope your family gets Covid and your baby gets autism”, not cool Dean, totally unprovoked and it got me thinking, how bad is KDS here? Why are people so obsessed, and what causes someone to say that to another human being? I started to step back and rethink... is Pinside really worth it? I was really disturbed someone would say that. That’s the most rotten thing I’ve ever read. It also got me thinking, what does Kaneda go through daily? do people send him these kind of messages too? And why? It’s pinball, it’s suppose to bring fun and enjoyment to people. I came here to join a community and talk pinball, where we can be critical of machines and also celebrate machines and successes, but it’s been very hostile towards me lately. Now, I know there are a few screwballs in other forums, no forum is safe from them, but wishing ill will on people’s families unprovoked is a new low. Never have I experienced that in my life, I thought all the messages from various people calling me Chris was crazy…which by the way…is super weird…think about it…you have me saying I’m not Chris and Chris saying he’s not me, we had a little tiff many months ago, so you’re telling me, Chris had a tiff with himself…and somehow this all sounds normal to everyone? That’s some crazy soap opera stuff, and a lot of people here believe and swear by it…sorry, but that’s such a stretch and so illogical and crazy. Hence, the reason I’m leaving. I thought this was a forum about pinball, but it’s a full of KDS. Mind you 99% of you guys are amazing and it was pleasure, just that 1% ruined it for me and that percentage was growing daily, and getting more and more toxic. I’m going to enjoy playing on my pins now. I hope people stop being assholes to one another. I hope people stop being assholes to Kaneda, we a humans who enjoy pinball…don’t know how wishing ill will on a family is an appropriate response to not liking Led Zeppelin’s art work…think about how insane that is. For that reason, I’m out. Good luck Chris, I feel for you, I don’t know what motivates you to keep going, but you deserve a twipy for putting up with this BS. Happy Holidays everyone, and may you all find a pinball under your Christmas tree. Spread love, it’s free!
    Side note, people with autism are f’in awesome, I’ve met many people with autism and honored to be friends with them. Bless the parents who do everything for their child and face those challenges with their child and create an extra strong bond with them and overcome extra obstacles together to live like everyone else. We don’t need people like Graysonsdad attempting to use it as an insult, I was more offended with his Covid remark. For those interested check out Robert Gagno, tell me he doesn’t kick ass!!

Quoted from HarryReimer:

Seriously, if Ballpin isnt Kaneda I will eat a shoe. Who else cares enough about Kaneda enough to write that lengthy diatribe.

So true! Kaneda is the only person in the hobby that I've heard publicly and repeatedly brag about how handsome they are and how beautiful their wife is. Chris is also the only person I've heard talk about how good-looking other guys in pinball are, and who seems very concerned about it!

Either Ballpin is Chris, or he's his soulmate! Cuz the similarity in language and terminology is uncanny.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I talked to Gryszzz recently, he’s doing pretty good, just a little depressed about the election results.

Yeah me too. But I'm betting not because of the same result as Gryszzz.

#259 3 years ago

Gryszzz should just make a new acount. Gryzzzzs

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

So true! Kaneda is the only person in the hobby that I've heard publicly and repeatedly brag about how handsome they are and how beautiful their wife is. Chris is also the only person I've heard talk about how good-looking other guys in pinball are, and who seems very concerned about it!
    Either Ballpin is Chris, or he's his soulmate! Cuz the similarity in language and terminology is uncanny.

Actually when talking about his wife I think he sounds more like a charmer and thankful/ humble (that she lets him do this stuff).

#261 3 years ago

Bubba is the brains of the operation. Brenda is the beauty and KMan is the voice.

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

He really wanted a fascist dynastic kleptocracy that badly, eh? Poor guy.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

He really wanted a fascist dynastic kleptocracy that badly, eh? Poor guy.

I mean he was from Indiana but I never thought he leaned that way.

#264 3 years ago

If Kaneda wants to make his wife happy he’ll buy her the Wonka she always wanted.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean he was from Indiana but I never thought he leaned that way.

He didn't, I'm pretty sure Jay was being sarcastic.

#266 3 years ago

Unfuknbelievable

58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #267 3 years ago

Kaneda became banned everywhere before it became cool!

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Why was he banned from a community he supports? Did he threaten someone’s life?
    I’ve listened to his show a half dozen times. He doesn’t seem that toxic to me...

#269 3 years ago

Please let this thread die. Thank you

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Why was he banned from a community he supports? Did he threaten someone’s life?
    I’ve listened to his show a half dozen times. He doesn’t seem that toxic to me...

I could add to the joke you just killed but I don‘t wanna get banned as well. XD

Kaneda did really work hard for his bans (in every forum and hobby he‘s was around it seems), so don‘t steal that from him.

#271 3 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Back when you had to really work to get banned. Not like kids these days who get banned over nothing.

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

He doesn’t seem that toxic to me...

Then it’s working.

#273 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Please let this thread die. Thank you

Lol

2 weeks later
    #274 3 years ago

Personally I don't think Kaneda should be banned from Pinside or anyone else for that matter. I don't think Twitter should be banning people either. When you look around on social media its very hard to stray away from people hating on each other, fighting, calling someone out, and everything between. Which is why I'm totally ignoring social media its just a war zone. I honestly think its unhealthy to watch the news or read social media no matter what side of the fence you're on. But when you start banning people where does it start and where does it stop?

Look on pinside there are plenty of people you don't like or don't agree with we see it on this site daily. Someone wants to sell their POTC for 20k and that person gets lit up like a Christmas tree by someone. Why? If you don't like it ignore it.

So who cares if you don't like my posts then don't read them. You don't like Kanada trashing something or going off about something WHO CARES skip it.

We all choose to read something or engage in a debate or disagreement. If he's on the site and he gets into more arguments who cares. Words never hurt anyone actions do. Let him back into the ring I'll take him on if I disagree with him. If he's just blabbering about whatever I can also choose to scroll past it.

Simple. Don't ban anyone its just not the right way in my opinion.

#275 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I don't think Kaneda should be banned from Pinside or anyone else for that matter. I don't think Twitter should be banning people either. When you look around on social media its very hard to stray away from people hating on each other, fighting, calling someone out, and everything between. Which is why I'm totally ignoring social media its just a war zone. I honestly think its unhealthy to watch the news or read social media no matter what side of the fence you're on. But when you start banning people where does it start and where does it stop?
    Look on pinside there are plenty of people you don't like or don't agree with we see it on this site daily. Someone wants to sell their POTC for 20k and that person gets lit up like a Christmas tree by someone. Why? If you don't like it ignore it.
    So who cares if you don't like my posts then don't read them. You don't like Kanada trashing something or going off about something WHO CARES skip it.
    We all choose to read something or engage in a debate or disagreement. If he's on the site and he gets into more arguments who cares. Words never hurt anyone actions do. Let him back into the ring I'll take him on if I disagree with him. If he's just blabbering about whatever I can also choose to scroll past it.

You haven't been around long enough to have experienced it. He should be banned.

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

If he's on the site and he gets into more arguments who cares.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Which is why I'm totally ignoring social media its just a war zone.

I think you made the point here.

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I don't think Kaneda should be banned from Pinside or anyone else for that matter. I don't think Twitter should be banning people either.

Twitter is a massive means of communication regarding everything under the sun. Pinside is a comparatively tiny group of hobbyists, focused on one thing. When one person comes on to the latter, consistently stirs the pot... all while acting as the "host" of each thread, the site experiences a net-benefit after his removal.

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Twitter is a massive means of communication regarding everything under the sun.

Unfortunately they are exercising censorship in some cases

#279 3 years ago

ee

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You haven't been around long enough to have experienced it. He should be banned.

I understand and appreciate your opinion and you're entitled to it. I won't call you names for your opinion or send you downvotes like a little 5 year old. I'm merely saying that on these forums you can choose to ignore or engage in anything you want. Everyone has an opinion we're seeing that on a daily basis in the news, and social media. When do we start fact checking the news, or silencing people for their opinions, who chooses who's right or wrong?

Dangerous road to travel down. With that being said I understand Kaneda made a lot of problems for many people, I respect that. But the best way to silence someone isn't to ban them, its to ignore them. He started his own podcast which is the biggest on the scene so no one actually silenced his opinion by banning him from this website. Again don't like something ignore it and move on.

There are so many awesome topics on pinside that you can choose to ignore the garbage. Again mute point he's never being allowed back so just overall pointless conversation.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I understand and appreciate your opinion and you're entitled to it. I won't call you names for your opinion or send you downvotes like a little 5 year old. I'm merely saying that on these forums you can choose to ignore or engage in anything you want. Everyone has an opinion we're seeing that on a daily basis in the news, and social media. When do we start fact checking the news, or silencing people for their opinions, who chooses who's right or wrong?
    Dangerous road to travel down. With that being said I understand Kaneda made a lot of problems for many people, I respect that. But the best way to silence someone isn't to ban them, its to ignore them. He started his own podcast which is the biggest on the scene so no one actually silenced his opinion by banning him from this website. Again don't like something ignore it and move on.
    There are so many awesome topics on pinside that you can choose to ignore the garbage. Again mute point he's never being allowed back so just overall pointless conversation.

As soon as you're the butt of his podcast jokes or the target of his online threats, you might feel differently. Been there, done that. I choose to take your advice and ignore his existence now. You'd be well-served to do the same.

#282 3 years ago

Kaneda is wrong when it comes to Willy Wonka, yet he continues suggesting the game sucks and that no one likes it. GnR needs to be pretty damn good to be better than Wonka.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

But when you start banning people where does it start and where does it stop?

Quoted from drfrightner:

This forum has a set of rules. These rules help keep the peace. If someone violates those rules, they receive a warning. Whenever someone is banned, it isn't just based on one warning. They usually receive several warnings, thread ejects, several conversations with the moderation team, and temporary short-term bans before ever reaching the point of a long-term or permanent ban.

It takes a fair amount of work for someone to reach the point where they are permanently banned here.

Quoted from drfrightner:

If he's on the site and he gets into more arguments who cares.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Which is why I'm totally ignoring social media its just a war zone.

If someone is disruptive to the point where they are actively chasing people away from the community, then it's probably that person who is the problem. You avoiding social media because "it's just a war zone" doesn't sound like simply ignoring certain people is the solution. We try not to let things get to the point here. Pinball is supposed to be a fun hobby that we can all enjoy together--not a battlefield.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Quoted from DakotaMike:
    ... then that's basically an immediate ban....

Well, I was under the impression that you aren't allowed to threaten other pinside members, and their families, with physical harm. Seems like a no brainer policy. Let me check the community guidelines. Yep, they specifically state that personal attacks, suggestions of violence, and threats are forbidden. Seems clear to me.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/help/pinsidecom-community-rules
    EDIT: Added a link to the community guidelines.

I have been messaged to meet to fight on here. That person then threatened to look me up by my tax returns to know where to find me next time they were in town. They have also tried to get my address through friends on fb in the past.

The mods were informed both times. I do believe I even called it out on the forum before. This person is still on here.

Not giving any opinion on what should have been done. Merely stating facts. Not everyone on here is all there. Careful who you do business with.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I have been messaged to meet to fight on here. That person then threatened to look me up by my tax returns to know where to find me next time they were in town. They have also tried to get my address through friends on fb in the past.
    The mods were informed both times. I do believe I even called it out on the forum before. This person is still on here.
    Not giving any opinion on what should have been done. Merely stating facts. Not everyone on here is all there. Careful who you do business with.

Were they at least given a warning and/or temp-banned? If not, then the guidelines need to be reviewed by Robin and the mod-team. Cuz that ain't right.

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Were they at least given a warning and/or temp-banned? If not, then the guidelines need to be reviewed by Robin and the mod-team. Cuz that ain't right.

Not here to critique the mods or say what robin should or shouldn't do with his own site.

The first time that this person tried to find me through a friend, i was asked for that friend to step forward. They refused because they did not want trouble. Nothing happened.

The second time I got no feedback that anything came of it. I did not notice that person suffered any consequences. Could be wrong.

My point is more that while everyone says to be nice on the surface the internet isn't a nice place. That isn't the fault of the mods or robin. Some people are just unhinged. We deal with expensive toys. We invite strangers into our homes. We take large sums of cash to strange places.

Not everyone is nice. Not everyone on here is a good person. Most of us are fine. Some of us, myself included, are opinionated/bordering on rude. Most likely this guy is just a poser. Maybe he isn't. Nothing to be gained by finding out.

#287 3 years ago

I'm just glad that Whysnow is gone,,,talk about toxic.

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

. I won't call you names for your opinion or send you downvotes like a little 5 year old. .

Nah. Thats not something you wouldnt resort to.......right.
    You spend your evenings downvoting anyone who you think has "wronged you" somehow. At least try to look less obvious about it.
    And what were all those PMs? Pretty sure you did some name calling in those.
    You dont think people should be blocked because you are a likely candidate to be blocked yourself. You have 2.5x as many downvotes as actual posts. You are clearly a bored internet troll. Go away silly boy.

Screenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpg

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Not here to critique the mods or say what robin should or shouldn't do with his own site.
    Not everyone is nice. Not everyone on here is a good person. Most of us are fine. Some of us, myself included, are opinionated/bordering on rude. Most likely this guy is just a poser. Maybe he isn't. Nothing to be gained by finding out.

Well, for sure Robin can run the site how he wants. My point is that if the guidelines say that you can't attack or threaten other members with violence either in a thread or through pinside mail, then either that needs to actually be enforced, or the guideline should be removed. It's simple enough really.

And yeah, you never know who's out there, or who's really online.

#290 3 years ago

While we’re on the topic of “toxicity” - one of my personal litmus tests is when people randomly name-drop someone and say “this person is toxic” (with the implication being if you agree, upvote this post.)

That’s some ironic shit right there.

#291 3 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You are clearly a bored internet troll. Go away silly boy.

Says the guy who ran off a random user while sending them ugly messages like this.

Y'all both suck

93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png
    #292 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Says the guy who ran off a random user while sending them ugly messages like this.
    Y'all both suck
    [quoted image]

That's pretty low, unless totally provoked, then the gloves come off....

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-kaneda-gone-again/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.