Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

93b0033d79988649ddb3e8dc5e0640c05a5b69d1 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210127-005335_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004857_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004718_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210127-004657_Chrome (resized).jpg
    58AA9C38-B5B3-4BA2-8476-6281BD770812 (resized).jpeg
    David Byrne (resized).jpg
    zzzzzGryzz (resized).png
    Kaneda (resized).png
    4F49EB25-6902-4028-B66E-C4358086FC99 (resized).jpeg
    86EDB575-BC1D-417D-BE9C-29EDDE689B84 (resized).jpeg
    giphy (2).gif
    E9EE9A91-768C-4823-9C10-B8528ACE37AD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3363 (resized).jpg
    giphy.gif
    images (2) (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #152 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

He is also a one man cheering section on every new title until he actually flips one, then it’s “everything wrong with the greatest machine ever built since pinball was invented”. If anything is getting old, this cycle of pump and dump is it.

I don't agree - I think he gave a very fair assessment of Rick and Morty before he sold it: Both positives and negatives

#154 3 years ago

I used to listen to his show as a way to get an overview of what's going on in the hobby without having to read every pinside thread, but at some point it went off the rails into the same circular discussions. Now I only listen if the episode title sounds interesting.

#155 3 years ago

Here’s a very simple solution to those of you that bitch and moan:

Don’t listen

It’s that simple. I have no idea why anyone would waste their time thinking about, aggrevating over, or listening to Kaneda if they find him so repulsive. It’s just a podcast!!!

get over it

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Here’s a very simple solution to those of you that bitch and moan:
    Don’t listen
    It’s that simple. I have no idea why anyone would waste their time thinking about, aggregating over, or listening to Kaneda if they find him so repulsive. It’s just a podcast!!!
    get over it

I listened to half of a "show," and not since. It was just nice not having to see threads pop up about him when the name was banished. Yeah, I know... don't read them....

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

If anything is getting old, this cycle of pump and dump is it.

In February, his nib GNR_CE will be for sale. I’ll start the guessing at $18.5k. Your guess cannot exceed final sales price. His game will be sold and he’ll buy GNR_LE and pocket $9k. That’s what I would do, but this would be consistent with past behavior.

#159 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In February, his nib GNR_CE will be for sale. I’ll start the guessing at $18.5k. Your guess cannot exceed final sales price. His game will be sold and he’ll buy GNR_LE and pocket $9k. That’s what I would do, but this would be consistent with past behavior.

Didn't he already start to backtrack and say he wouldn't have room for the game with a baby crib in the apartment? If I recall correctly, he also said he was going to move soon, so that excuse doesn't hold water. It wouldn't be kaneda though if he was consistent. I don't hold it against people if they buy something and can make money on it. It just seems extra hypocritical after he raved about the game so much, said he would never sell it, complained about CE's not going out soon enough.. Etc, etc... But we all know he's going to flip it. If I were jersey jack or his distributor, I'd just cancel his order and offer it to someone that will actually play and keep it.

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Didn't he already start to backtrack and say he wouldn't have room for the game with a baby crib in the apartment? If I recall correctly, he also said he was going to move soon, so that excuse doesn't hold water. It wouldn't be kaneda though if he was consistent. I don't hold it against people if they buy something and can make money on it. It just seems extra hypocritical after he raved about the game so much, said he would never sell it, complained about CE's not going out soon enough.. Etc, etc... But we all know he's going to flip it. If I were jersey jack or his distributor, I'd just cancel his order and offer it to someone that will actually play and keep it.

Yeah good one. You missed where he asked his listeners how much a CE was worth, while commenting on their answers. I could hear the gears turning in his head. Sure he can decide to sell his and for whatever he wants. But he often claims he needs the CE because he is such a fan. LE would never be good enough. Anyways what’s your gue$$ ?

#163 3 years ago

It’s interesting how you think its ok to use that word because the mods banned him. Weird jump of logic

#164 3 years ago

well looks like Kaneda isn't gone yet!! Just posted another podcast so.......

#165 3 years ago

WHAT????? HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN???? There is drama happening around Chris???? Unpossible!!! Inflammable means flammable? What a country!

Look, Chris is a drama queen. He always has been, seemingly in every hobby he gets involved with. And here comes the shocker reveal near the end of the show... he will always be a drama queen. He is the type of person that brushes against your eyelashes over and over again, and then claims to be the victim when you poke his eye out. "What did I do" he will cry, and held to the fire he will say he was helping you by brushing against your eyelashes but you attacked him for it. And my favorite part, you know he is reading every one of these posts and taking names down for his next dramatic episode.

TL;DR; Chris is a turd (and that isn't attacking another Pinsider because he's not allowed on Pinside )

#166 3 years ago

OMG - who cares about his drama it's not like there isn't enough to go around on Pinside anyway. Besides it's good listening AND informative for the most part.

Way better than those shills that play with barnyard animals and can't sing worth a damn

#167 3 years ago

KMan’s resume -
    I get knocked down, but I get up again
    You are never gonna keep me down

NeoGeo - active account, few posts
    Kicked off KLOV - permanent
    Kicked off Dodge Collector Site - permanent
    Kicked of Pinside - permanent
    Kicked off Pinball AU Site - permanent
    Facebook Restricted 1st time - partial
    Podcasts Library 1st time - temporary
    Facebook 2nd time - ???
    Podcasts Library 2nd time - ???

Why was he banned from Pinside? I'm just curious because I really only started being active on this site in the last year or so. I started listening to multiple podcasts and found him entertaining at times (and long winded other times). I've not hear much of what I would call controversial. Just curious what he's done that's earned as much hate as love.

#168 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Why was he banned from Pinside? .

Do a search

#169 3 years ago

I listened to his podcast this weekend for the first time. It was informative. It seemed like he dialed back his rhetoric based on what had just happened to him. I would listen again.

#170 3 years ago

Here's what I like about Chris:

1) He's flawed, has made mistakes (like we all have), and he has apologized and made efforts to change. in other words: he's human. Not easy to do in the public.

2) He has some very sharp and witty comments.

3) He has some great analysis and commentary when it comes the business-side of matters. Is it always correct? Maybe not, but it's entertaining.

4) He isn't afraid to say exactly what he's thinking. Again, right thoughts or wrong thoughts, that's much easier said than done.

5) He seems to have his daily priorities in order... (at least they generally seem to align with mine)

6) He likes the spotlight and isn't afraid to admit it. It's not like every other content creator doesn't want attention.

7) I like the fact that he's a bit of a rogue when it comes to podcasting. I don't always agree with his conclusions or game reviews, but I also don't always agree with the conclusions or reviews of a lot of the knuckleheads that live on this website.

8 ) Can be extremely entertaining

I wish the guy well. I also wish that haters would stop flaming the guy with personal insults. It's lame... throwing rocks in a glass house.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

And my favorite part, you know he is reading every one of these posts and taking names down for his next dramatic episode.

I hope he talks about me. I'm so lonely.

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

OMG - who cares about his drama it's not like there isn't enough to go around on Pinside anyway. Besides it's good listening AND informative for the most part.
    Way better than those shills that play with barnyard animals and can't sing worth a damn

Informative... LMAO!

Right, so is CNN.

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Here's what I like about Kaneda:
    1) He's flawed, has made mistakes (like we all have), and he has apologized and made efforts to change. in other words: he's human. Not easy to do in the public.
    2) He has some very sharp and witty comments.
    3) He has some great analysis and commentary when it comes the business-side of matters. Is it always correct? Maybe not, but it's entertaining.
    4) He isn't afraid to say exactly what he's thinking. Again, right thoughts or wrong thoughts, that's much easier said than done.
    5) He seems to have his daily priorities in order... (at least they generally seem to align with mine)
    6) He likes the spotlight and isn't afraid to admit it. It's not like every other content creator doesn't want attention.
    7) I like the fact that he's a bit of a rogue when it comes to podcasting. I don't always agree with his conclusions or game reviews, but I also don't always agree with the conclusions or reviews of a lot of the knuckleheads that live on this website.
    8 ) Can be extremely entertaining
    I wish the guy well. I also wish that haters would stop flaming the guy with personal. It's lame... throwing rocks in a glass house.

Here's what I like about Kaneda:

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Informative... LMAO!
    Right, so is CNN.

Actually CNN is not on the right they are on the far left as in Continuous Negative News

As for Kaneda, he is informative, it just depends on what you call information. Some of it is as those one the right would call "fake news" but it is always entertaining

It all depends on your perspective either left, right or middle

The one thing you have to say about Kaneda is, at least he has balls enough to put it out there, even if self aggrandizing, which is more than 99% of the rest of us are willing to do

#175 3 years ago

Wich of the four CE he ordered trough „friends“?

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope he talks about me. I'm so lonely.

I hope not as he always mispronounces your user name. Argh!

Everything else Kaneda does is fine though.

#177 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball. Banned from Pinside without chance of re-entry. Every year voices rise that wish Kaneda be allowed back onto Pinside. Their wishes are hopeless as he won’t ever be.

Between the two I would rather be friends with Kaneda. At least he puts his heart into it. Kaneda has some strong takes but with him you can see the trees for the forrest. Don’t think I’d waste my time talking to Pete Rose.

#178 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball. Banned from Pinside without chance of re-entry. Every year voices rise that wish Kaneda be allowed back onto Pinside. Their wishes are hopeless as he won’t ever be.
    Between the two I would rather be friends with Kaneda. At least he puts his heart into it. Kaneda has some strong takes but with him you can see the trees for the forrest. Don’t think I’d waste my time talking to Pete Rose.

That's a good analogy.

#179 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball....

Jesus christ. This is literally the worst analogy ever; including ones using Hitler

Between the two I would rather be friends with Kaneda.

What...is...happening...here.

#180 3 years ago

Come on Pete Rose has to be a laugh a minute. Think of the wacky fun you’d have on road trips!

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Why was he banned from Pinside? I'm just curious because I really only started being active on this site in the last year or so. I started listening to multiple podcasts and found him entertaining at times (and long winded other times). I've not hear much of what I would call controversial. Just curious what he's done that's earned as much hate as love.

he has been banned from every where. neo geo forum, klov, hell cat forums, pinside, and many others. he is just a troll he cant help but to stir shit up.

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus christ. This is literally the worst analogy ever; including ones using Hitler

What...is...happening...here.

Worse than hitler?? Really....What...is....happening....here.

#183 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball. Banned from Pinside without chance of re-entry.

I’m kinda new here. Why was Pete Rose banned from Pinside?

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Worse than hitler?? Really....What...is....happening....here.

It looks like some of the posters have become what the despise especially the ones that want to use JC and Hitler in the same sentence.......

OMG people its pinball not the end of the world.

Choose not to listen if you don't like what you hear or who is putting content out.

But alas, some just want to be haters, as obviously they have nothing better to do in their lives......

#185 3 years ago

The thing about Chris is, he’s really agreeable and easy to talk to in person. He’s murder on the forums. Even worse than me. And I’m kinda a nice guy too, so I can relate to Chris somewhat. But his public track record - forum and early podcasts - is brutal, and he pays a price for that.

I listen to him and usually enjoy his podcast. But peak Kaneda was 2 years ago IMO. I think he needs to shake things up to remain relevant.

#186 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball.

Almost perfect analogy.
    I hated Pete Rose.
    But his heart was in his game.
    Maybe too much.

#187 3 years ago

Sounds like he just took everything down temporarily to cover his bases. I know people who dislike him think its all a game to drum up more attention but ya'll need to take off the tinfoil hats. I know for a fact his company has fired people over what they did on podcasts before, so I don't blame him for being careful. Granted what happened to the other guy was way more egregious, but it was still bullshit.

Even if the conspiracy theorists are right (they aren't) I don't care, I would still tune in because its quality content. I get why some people don't like him. Theres a lot of things I don't like that are well liked by many people too but I don't go around throwing temper tantrums because of it. If you like the content, then keep listening. If you don't, then don't listen. Its pretty easy

#188 3 years ago

It just came to me, Kaneda is the Pete Rose of pinball.

You misspelled Mario Mendoza

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

He rarely ever talks about competitive pinball, thankfully, so I am not surprised he did not mention Replay fx/Pinburgh much or any. Value and pricing are something he enjoys talking about so that is not surprising. The one thing he seems to care about much more than the majority of pinball owners is rarity. I guess that comes with having only a small space and only one game at a time.

Replay fx was much more than a tournament, plus, you have a collection of 600+ pins now entering hobbyists hands due to the liquidation. It’s totally worth a mention on a pinball collector/hobbyist podcast.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on Pete Rose has to be a laugh a minute. Think of the wacky fun you’d have on road trips!

Heck, I still have all the positive test results to prove this!

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Was either his alleged betting on TWIPY awards or maybe just that haircut.
    Not sure which.

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Almost perfect analogy.
    I hated Pete Rose.
    But his heart was in his game.
    Maybe too much.

Yeah but at least Pete Rose knew something about baseball...

#193 3 years ago

I love how so many resort to the "bUt hE doEsn'T eveN oWn a PINbaLl maChiNe" argument for him being unqualified. He has owned one of the most rare machines ever, being Magic Girl. Had probably one of the nicest Batman 66 machines ever, had a pretty rare Rick and Morty and has a GNR CE on order. I know other pinball podcasters that don't own a game and are just a qualified and informed on the hobby as Chris, if not more. Silly arguement.

Bottom line, his show is good. It is the best podcast with the largest audience for a reason. He has taken on the greed that has infected this hobby, and as a result has become the best consumer advocates out there for NIB buyers. I will never buy another NIB Stern after how it was exposed what they did with Elvira. No way. He doesn't mince words and doesn't hold back. If that upsets you, don't listen. He is right though, some of his biggest critics listen to every show. You know it is true.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

I love how so many resort to the "bUt hE doEsn'T eveN oWn a PINbaLl maChiNe" argument for him being unqualified. He has owned one of the most rare machines ever, being Magic Girl. Had probably one of the nicest Batman 66 machines ever, had a pretty rare Rick and Morty and has a GNR CE on order. I know other pinball podcasters that don't own a game and are just a qualified and informed on the hobby as Chris, if not more. Silly arguement.
    Bottom line, his show is good. It is the best podcast with the largest audience for a reason. He has taken on the greed that has infected this hobby, and as a result has become the best consumer advocates out there for NIB buyers. I will never buy another NIB Stern after how it was exposed what they did with Elvira. No way. He doesn't mince words and doesn't hold back. If that upsets you, don't listen. He is right though, some of his biggest critics listen to every show. You know it is true.

Wow, surprised you can reach the keyboard being so far up his rear end. You've bought into everything he's ever sold it appears.

"best consumer advocate"? comical. What has he ever done for anyone besides rant about things online?
    "taken on greed"? I think you mean parts in the greed as he pumps stuff and tries to capitalize on his own shilling

It's not about owning machines - anyone can jump in and order a game to their curb. The difference is most don't turn around try to paint themselves as the expert and advocate of a whole hobby when they are one of the greenest newbs around.

Trough for life!!

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

...You've bought into everything he's ever sold it appears.

Tro-bros

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

Really though, sometimes people should seriously mince their words. And hold back. Kind of like the way intestines regulate yo....well, never mind.

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

He may be banned from Pinside, but will he still make the Pinball Hall of Fame? Given how much time he spends in Vegas, should be a short walk.

Quoted from Rezdog:

Was either his alleged betting on TWIPY awards or maybe just that haircut. Not sure which.

The "Pete Rose" haircut would fit right in at any pinball show. Got to be the TWIPYs.

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Wow, surprised you can reach the keyboard being so far up his rear end. You've bought into everything he's ever sold it appears.
    "best consumer advocate"? comical. What has he ever done for anyone besides rant about things online?
    "taken on greed"? I think you mean parts in the greed as he pumps stuff and tries to capitalize on his own shilling
    It's not about owning machines - anyone can jump in and order a game to their curb. The difference is most don't turn around try to paint themselves as the expert and advocate of a whole hobby when they are one of the greenest newbs around.
    Trough for life!!

Feel free to disagree with me. I just like the show and pointed out what I like. If you disagree that is cool. The keyboard comment really didn't ruffle my feathers that much by the way, so if you want to try again I will stand by. Currently your score is a measly 3 out of 10. Surely you can do better with 8000 (8000? really?) posts under your belt. You should get out and get some sun, see what girls are like, etc.

See, that is how you do it.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah but at least Pete Rose knew something about baseball...

What is with your obsession with Kaneda? I recommend concentrating on things you like rather dwelling on the things you don’t.

#200 3 years ago

I am getting my podcast equipment all set up for the winter season. No worries.

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-kaneda-gone-again/page/4?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.