Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HighSpeed1
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I can buy a project Williams Jokerz!, fairly reasonably.

I have never played or seen one; is it a decent game? I don't really need it, but the price is tempting.
Thanks for your thoughts.

#2 9 years ago

I like it. It isn't the best system 11 out there, but its fast, quirky, and plays hard if set up right. The art package is very good as well. Some people don't like the sound - lots of giggles.

#3 9 years ago

I miss my jokerz dearly. It's a really fun system 11 game that serious players don't care for due to the double your score shot at the end. If the price is right I'd go for it.

#4 9 years ago

I would consider it decent and I would own it if it was cheap enough. I played it a few times at texas pinball fest and I enjoyed it. I would have to have a few other games in my collection though because it gets a little dull after awhile.

#5 9 years ago

I play one every chance I can.... I like it. Artwork & theme are amusing.
Around here, a working players condition seems to sell for right around $1000.

So a non-working project, I'd say no more than $500 (assuming you may not keep it and want to flip later)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

I play one every chance I can.... I like it. Artwork & theme are amusing.
Around here, a working players condition seems to sell for right around $1000.
So a non-working project, I'd say no more than $500 (assuming you may not keep it and want to flip later)

$500 would be the magic number for me. The owner wants a little more than that.

#7 9 years ago

I always figure on a System 11 you are fairly safe up to about $600 as long as boards & displays are decent. One issue fairly common with Jokerz is sound board issue causing speaker hum. When we needed a soundboard it took us like a year to find one under $200. That soundboard is specific to Jokerz and maybe one or two other games if I remember correctly. It might even be just Jokerz.

As far as gameplay I kind of liked it, my wife was OK with it but my son hated it so we sold ours.

#8 9 years ago

I play it all the time at Fargo Pinball & love it. This is strange but I've only hit the "double your score" once & that was by accident the 1st time I played it. If I find one for sale locally I would buy it.

#9 9 years ago

Yes, it's a good game. I've never seen a jokerz that doesn't hum, I just pretend its a data east. Lol

#10 9 years ago

It's a great game .....

#11 9 years ago

i just had one that i sold. and yea it hummed too. the sound board is unique to jokerz, it's stereo! wow. it practically is a dataeast. i sold it for about $800, all ready to go, plug and play, cleaned up and all working. well not quite, one score display (lower) was a bit wacky. the new owner bought a rottendog score display. probably a good move. to me that price is really cheap, given what it is. I mean it's a multi-ball ramp game with interesting rules. you would think it would be worth a lot more...

#12 9 years ago

the drawbridge is neat, pretty good artwork.. The sound effects got annoying, as well as the buzzing noise. I paid $550 for mine when I had it, but it needed a LOT of work and parts. For some reason that pin is played to death, like a high speed.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Yes, it's a good game. I've never seen a jokerz that doesn't hum, I just pretend its a data east. Lol

A lot of folks might not know about the mod for Jokerz hum:

http://www.videoengine.com/pins/jokerz/jokerzpix/level4/jokerzservicetip.pdf

#14 9 years ago

I appreciate all the opinions. For now, I've decided to pass on it, based on asking price and the fact that it isn't booting properly. Cabinet is a bit rough, too.

Good news, is that I think another Pinsider, closer to the Jokerz, is going to grab it.

#15 9 years ago

Two thumbs up on Jokerz, ive been looking for a decent priced one for over a year. I passed on a nice players for $800 at Akron pinball last year and have only seen em for $1250-$1600 in my area. Its Python nuff said!!! GL

#16 9 years ago

I too enjoy the game. I wish sys 11s did better on location for me but they just don't produce. Id def buy one at the 500-1000 rang for the house tho

#17 9 years ago

It doesn't get the respect of alot of people. Everyone whines about the double your score feature but it's very hard to do. I like mine but need to sell or trade......................

#18 9 years ago

There was an estate sale last weekend in Dallas, they had a Jokerz for sale. I don't know if it sold or not.

http://www.estatesale.com/sales/view/32231.html?ss=kw&u=53d60bfec7a9f#gal

1 month later
#19 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-jokerz-1988-by-williams#post-1886291

if somebody is intrested in an good working decent jokerz?

here is 1.. area is pa / pittsburgh

#20 9 years ago

I like Jokerz more than F-14. Get it, fix it, play for a little while and resell it.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I like Jokerz more than F-14. Get it, fix it, play for a little while and resell it.

Oh, I'm sure it's gone by now.

#22 9 years ago

It's a fun game, but not deep. Kind of like Game Show. Very basic shots and not very balanced. The center ramp is cool, but a drain monster. A good project pin, but don't expect to clean up if you're looking to flip.

#23 9 years ago

Jokerz isn't really a stereo board. It's 2 separate amps with one running the cabinet speaker, and one running the backbox. 1 audio signal is sent to, and split between both amps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jokerz-a-decent-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.