You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (10) (resized).png
microphone4 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Chrome (resized).jpg
f8e45a7930231cd6697dc7f7b8d09b3b2fc7176e (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 5 years ago

No horse in this debate personally but whatever JJP decides is Their business plan. I for one am Honestly grateful I was able to get one of these machines. If its the last I do feel bad for anyone not able to enjoy such a Wonderful and amazing game. Short fiddle here but in close to 20 years collecting etc this is by Far the best game I have ever owned or played hands down. How Eric or JJP is going to top this I have no idea but I am grateful to have one.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

True and do you know what the one real fact is? That Jack said he had the license for 3 more years, and he said what is wrong with building up demand.
Another fact we know is JJP has re-released their games many times in the past. The last fact is people speculate most of the time without knowing anything.
The one true fact is JJP said they're not ruling out making more Pirates. So why is this even being debated... they're going to make more. LOL

Please stop saying "More" and "Another" he never said that. He said we have The license for 3 years. Not more or Another. I personally hope they make Thousands more but stop pushing your Facts as they are nothing but Assumptions. This forum has enough Facts tellers and yours is not that. We love this game but unless your name is Jack your intel have little value other then speculation.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yes it is and you know what... Yelobird from Mod Couple made it even more amazing. The game totally lends itself to mods for improvement. The game was just wide open for upgrades. If you own this game and haven't bought every mod Mod Couple made you need to get on that big league.

Great now I feel guilty for calling out your post...... We do appreciate that sincerely just hate to see any false hope that this game is around the corner. Its very possible this amazing title will get sidelined which would be a real shame.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I think you totally misunderstood what I said. In his release of WOZ, if you watch that video he does say they're not ruling out making more Pirates. He also mentioned they have the license for another 3 years, and he said what is wrong with building up demand. This makes me believe they will make more.
I agree unless you're the owner of the company NO ONE knows for sure. But from everything I've heard, I would assume more will be made in about 6 months. Do I know for a fact I will even be alive 48 hours from now, or if Pirates will ever be made again no. What I do know is they have continued to make WOZ now off and on for 8 years. I'm going by what I heard in that press conference, and past history. I'm making my guess based on those facts.

Then that is a fair response. Your best Guess is the fact your relying on nothing wrong with that. WOZ is a tough comparison cause who's kidding who thats a cash cow with an open ended license. He can make that game as long as buyers show up.

7 months later
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

SE here as well, with no gameplay differences outside the star map how could I say no to $1500 in savings? Game can with a NOS plastics set and boat motor too.
I went out an bought a Cliffy protector set along with the chest opening and star maps mods and now I am more than set. Best purchase I have made in a long time and this was a huge leap for me financially pinball wise. It cost almost twice as much as any other pin I had ever bought, but it's that good IMHO so I didn't want to miss out. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to pick one up, and locally at that. I wouldn't sell my SE as it sits for $10,000, it's a top 4 game for all time easily and isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

Congrats! Must say while not always the case it Does say a lot about a game design when All models share the same enjoyability and gameplay without compromise. Pirates owners win no matter which model which is a design success in my book.

3 months later
#159 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Would you pay 22 if you had the money? Is it worth it? (Considering JJP very well never make another CE run)

Don't expect another CE run as the were limited to 200 and all sold. I suggest a slow hunt for an LE. You have to be patient and willing to pay the premium but that game is worth the upcharge in my opinion.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No. No production pin is worth that much. It was $10k new just a year ago, which is pretty much the most any new pin ever cost. If you want one real bad just buy one for $12k. Unless you print money for a living do not pay $10k more for a cardboard box

Actually it was 12500 new for the CE

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Daaaaamn....so if I want a Wonka in 2043, it'll cost me $25,000! Better buy now at $7500!

No because likely like WOZ JJP will still be making them. Don't honestly think #jorant was trying to be snarky he was just (I think) pointing out that most never thought the CV, TZ, BBB, etc we bought back in the day for $1100 would be worth 10-20k now. Add to that if they were still in the box well you can see what some of those crazy prices look like. Like "some" fine wines if you're willing and daring enough to put a game on ice you could have a win. Mostly not though.

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Which games will be of the Data East vintage?
Yeah, I felt he was just making a metaphor. Seemed to have good intentions!
Maybe that dude selling the POTC CE for 24K should leave it boxed....

Actually Dan the owner of that game was over at my house yesturday playing mine so his is still in the box available. As for the Data East, If you have a DE King Kong you might be over POTC money. Can happen with Any low production great game.

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While I don't think Pirates will be rerun I do question the delays with releasing new code for the game. Could JJP be timing a new big code update with a TPF announcement that the game is being rerun?

At this point that would be my Guess. In an awesome way Keith is a perfectionist so I suspect he is using the time he has to release a typical value added code update vs a simple bug fix. Plus a smart marketing move to present at the show and possibly have Eric illustrate the upgrades though unlikely.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are these upgrades just a rumor?
JJP really hasn't released any code updates in a while. I suppose they could release a few at TPF along side the network update feature.

It was reported by many JJP Beta customers that the pre-code is being tested by them though not complete with his final magic. Again all just a guess but going on past history Keith has never left a game anything less than a masterpiece.

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is my take... I think Jack wants them to make more Pirates. I think others at JJP do not want to do more Pirates. The parts are a serious issue with this game.
But here is my opinion... only do Collector Editions make 100 of them and charge $13,500.00.
They will sell out in the same week they announce it.

Yeah That plan would go over well for JJP! lol They made the Collectors Edition game 1-200. Yes they have done limitless LE games but those were not sold as volume specific. Add to that the Ce custom crap cost them way more then a simple 1k bump. If and I am highly doubtful they ever would they could do another 11.5 run of LE's and even loose the troublesome spinner. 2k over previous would make sense and having an Over stock of inventory on the more common LE would be more sensible.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Looks like the one HUO LE moved within an hour for 10500 though.

No, he apologized to the forum as he typed the price incorrectly. He did not sell.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apologies-1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.