You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (10) (resized).png
microphone4 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Chrome (resized).jpg
f8e45a7930231cd6697dc7f7b8d09b3b2fc7176e (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This controlled supply to create demand is working. I definitely want this game now
More than ever. Have my WOZ, love it, but Pirates is next level.

Are you going to jump ship then, so to speak? The time is now....

1 week later
#128 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

After looking at the pics and buying an SE and a CE, here is my best guess on how many have been made based on the serial numbers I have seen.
The serial numbers all have a five digit prefix for the model designation:
08731 = LE
08732 = SE
08733 = CE
The next set of digits in the serial number is the sequential order of production for within each model designation.
For instance, a few weeks ago I took delivery of an SE with serial number 08732097 with a manufacturing date of March 1, 2019.
This week I took delivery of CE #57 with serial number 08733115 with a manufacturing date of December 22, 2018.
Thus, the SE is the 97th SE built in the run. The CE is the 115th CE built in the run. The LE or CE number on the plaque has nothing to do with the sequence or actual total production run.
The highset serial numbers I have seen in person and on pinside pics are, as follows:
CE: 08733115 = 115th CE built
LE: 08731498 = 498th LE built
SE: 08732117 = 117th SE built
Perhaps others can chime in with higher serial numbers in each category to better ascertain how many were made.

Interesting theory! For added info mine is an LE last three of the serial #468 built on 1/21/19.

I keep hearing the number 1,000 over and over again, so this is somewhat close to that.

Even more interesting, is if this equation/guess would match up for the planned 5000 Wonka LE, 500 CE...............and then maybe another 500SE? But man, that would have to be way, way more for them to create that ultra low new user model. I wonder....

10 months later
#155 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hello. Im looking for a NIB CE from a distributor, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thank you!

I think those are as extinct as the dinosaurs of past years.....

There is a CE listed on this site, umm...for like 24k though.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Or a LE NIB would be great too...

I haven't seen one of those listed for eons...

HUO are starting at 12/13K....

I don't think this is the case at all, or ever will be, but I'd wait for TPF and MGC. If there ever would be new production, you'd hear about it then...maybe. And IF.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Would you pay 22 if you had the money? Is it worth it? (Considering JJP very well never make another CE run)

Well, it's definitely unique!

I'd still wait and see if in a month or so, anything is announced.

Really, the game as a standard, up to a CE, is fantastic.

If I had the money, 22K, I'd hunt for an LE and another game, frankly. Unless you REALLY have the money!

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Don’t give up, I know a guy who found a NIB CE overseas for $15,500 shipping included.

Definitely less than 199 shots left it would seem!

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

.....welcome to the hobby? How much do you think mid 90s William's games sold for new in box?

Daaaaamn....so if I want a Wonka in 2043, it'll cost me $25,000! Better buy now at $7500!

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No because likely like WOZ JJP will still be making them. Don't honestly think #jorant was trying to be snarky he was just (I think) pointing out that most never thought the CV, TZ, BBB, etc we bought back in the day for $1100 would be worth 10-20k now. Add to that if they were still in the box well you can see what some of those crazy prices look like. Like "some" fine wines if you're willing and daring enough to put a game on ice you could have a win. Mostly not though.

Which games will be of the Data East vintage?

Yeah, I felt he was just making a metaphor. Seemed to have good intentions!

Maybe that dude selling the POTC CE for 24K should leave it boxed....

#188 4 years ago

Mo gold coins. Mo gold coins!!!!

Just the nature of the beast. One new game on deck, Wonka still in it's prime, and Pirates a setting sail.

They'll do us right me hardies, just have faith lad!

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ is bigger than pinball as we know it.
Jack put me in the forum before production started. That summer I had older couples stopping in my business to see what a pinball machine is and what they bought. They found my arcade because of the forum. There are WOZ conventions, clubs, and everything. People snarf up anything WOZ related.
And I thought KISS with the coffins, toilet seats, phones, and stuff was out of hand.
LTG : )

And the crazy thing about all of that? I have still only been able to play this game in maybe 2/3 locations in a tristate region that has heavy ass amounts of pinball.

Pinball saturation ain't shit what it once was.... I can only find games in very specific breweries, and large retro arcades. No pizza shops, no convenience stores.... It would be nuts to think of walking into a WaWa, Sheetz, whatever, and seeing pins like I used to at 7/11......

#198 4 years ago

And did somebody say.....

tenor (10) (resized).pngtenor (10) (resized).png
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I do agree that Jack will build this game if he can (regardless of if it was a pain or not). The cost will def be 11.5 or higher and likely year(s) out but Jack will build it again IF the license doesn't cause a conflict (IMO).

I gotta think the 11.5 WoZ's did just...okay.

For a POTC to sell at 11.5, it would have to be somewhat unique like the CE, not features removed.

I say this all the time.... People clamoring on Pinside for this game is entirely different than people buying....this game.

I wonder how many 10K in full down payments would be made, if JJP made an open call to fans.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thing is...there are several LE’s for sale right now that aren’t moving, and aren’t terribly overpriced either. Really not sure the market conditions are right for a POTC run right now.
And I say this with sadness because I think this game’s run was absolutely too short.

Looks like the one HUO LE moved within an hour for 10500 though.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No, he apologized to the forum as he typed the price incorrectly. He did not sell.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/apologies-1

Wow! Thanks for posting that. I saw the ad go dead before I left work, and noticed it was just archived.

Definitely makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wouldn’t say the rule set is similar - what I meant was that the total integration of the theme is on the same level. So TH feels like you’re on a long journey filled with all these awesome battles and dramatic moments, but you’re still able to choose which modes to start and how you progress.
In EHOH, there are fewer modes thus far, but the integration is REALLY well done. I grew up watching Movie Macabre, and the new scenes they shot really call back to that old show. They look better but they feel like they would fit right in. There are a ton of different things that can happen at once - start a mode, a progressive multiball starts, then all these additional modes can start; lock a ball in the trunk and you have to gather items to progress through the house.
The actual modes are well thought out too - for example in Night of the Living Dead, the first shot is “get to the house!” And then you knock off zombies with each subsequent shot.
The modes don’t give you the same shots each time either; sometimes you are presented with 2 or 3 options, hit those, and different shots appear. It’s really clear what to hit and when.
There are TONS of callbacks to the other 2 Elvira games as well, so that’s pretty cool to see. And in the last update the House itself started to get more interactive

That game is sounding better and better all the time!

Side note, did you preorder the Al Adamson box set out in April?

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I STILL can’t believe no one has made a movie about his story. Crazy, every second of it! And the movies are just the beginning!

Well, this kinda does... Came out last year. I know a little about his death, going to watch this blind when I get...

https://filmthreat.com/reviews/blood-flesh-the-reel-life-ghastly-death-of-al-adamson/

....this in very soon!!!

https://severin-films.com/shop/bundle-of-ghastly-horror/

I'm a little more familiar with Bob Crane's death, from docs and of course "Auto Focus"...!

(Sorry to derail!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.