You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (10) (resized).png
microphone4 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Chrome (resized).jpg
f8e45a7930231cd6697dc7f7b8d09b3b2fc7176e (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if they made 46 different versions of woz, you can bet they won't let a 3 yr license ($disney$) go to waste!

Game was announced 10/17, when does the clock start? When acquired or when on sale to public? seems like a good chunk of the 3 years may be up.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Thanks for the info. I believe they'll do future runs for sure...unless they have decided it's a support issue or something along those lines. Based on their track record of continuously making games from their catalogue, I expect future runs of Pirates.
Maybe I'm just fortunate, but I haven't had any real issues with my game...a few switches here and there, but that happens with most all games.

The rumor is razor thin margins on the game. Why would they keep making if this is true?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

One of the distributors at tpf told me he has sold more pirates than any other jjp game. He said it is verry popular.

Popular doesn’t translate to hitting target profits unfortunately.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

This seems logical to me...cuz if distributors are mad because the demand is there why wouldn’t you make more to fill demand. It makes me wonder if that Disc mechanism was scrapped more so because of cost then reliability.

We will never know

1 week later
#73 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I understand your assessment but just re-releasing WOZ for the what 3rd time refutes everything you just said. I understand the logic behind your comments, but JJP is a different company. They don't produce many titles very quickly, so going back to the well so to speak seems to work for them. I stand behind what I'm saying 110%, they will make more Pirates, but they will wait to determine first how much demand there is first. Their retailers will line up and tell them how many they believe they can sell, and when they know they can make more in a batch they will. I predict you will see nothing in the future but more Pirate LE, and before its all said and done you might see another 500 made over the next 2 to 3 years.
I do agree with you however its time for them to move onto bigger and better things... Wonka is going to be a home run for them. The orders are going to be out the door, giving them an opportunity to make over 2000 without a break in the line. But when they do come back to Pirates will be thru retailers only, they're more or less already ordered, and they might even be more expensive like $9,999.00
I think we agree on a lot but and your logic is good, but I think their history shows otherwise.

Difference between WOZ and POTC is dealing with Disney. The 3 year clock for the license started quite a while back and Disney isn’t easy to work with. Unless they make more in the next 12 months, doubtful they will renew license.

1 week later
#110 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

After looking at the pics and buying an SE and a CE, here is my best guess on how many have been made based on the serial numbers I have seen.
The serial numbers all have a five digit prefix for the model designation:
08731 = LE
08732 = SE
08733 = CE
The next set of digits in the serial number is the sequential order of production for within each model designation.
For instance, a few weeks ago I took delivery of an SE with serial number 08732097 with a manufacturing date of March 1, 2019.
This week I took delivery of CE #57 with serial number 08733115 with a manufacturing date of December 22, 2018.
Thus, the SE is the 97th SE built in the run. The CE is the 115th CE built in the run. The LE or CE number on the plaque has nothing to do with the sequence or actual total production run.
The highset serial numbers I have seen in person and on pinside pics are, as follows:
CE: 08733115 = 115th CE built
LE: 08731498 = 498th LE built
SE: 08732117 = 117th SE built
Perhaps others can chime in with higher serial numbers in each category.

If this is it, that is extremely low overall production numbers.

10 months later
#182 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While I don't think Pirates will be rerun I do question the delays with releasing new code for the game. Could JJP be timing a new big code update with a TPF announcement that the game is being rerun?

The game isn’t being re-run.

#190 4 years ago

Let’s see, they are moving the entire operation to Chicago and trying to release 2 games this year while making Wonka’s and Woz on the small line.

You really think POTC is a top priority at this point?
Shit, they are still sending New PF’s out to everyone who had damage and I’ve heard that it is quite a large number of people impacted by this.

#196 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hard to believe there is still much demand for NIB WOZ after all these years as JJP has cranked out thousands of them!

I agree with that comment but with the move and their focus to get two machines out this year it just seems like bad timing to attempt another POTC run with all the issues they had with the build and parts supply.

Who knows what will go down with the move.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from captjoeb:

$11K at 1,000 = $11,000,000.00!

They don’t make anywhere near 11k per game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.