You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (10) (resized).png
microphone4 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Chrome (resized).jpg
f8e45a7930231cd6697dc7f7b8d09b3b2fc7176e (1) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 5 years ago

<blockquote cite="#4940837"
What caught my attention was that, if correct, the SE is actually the rarest model built.

That is true a lot of the time. Like many Stern premiums have fewer copies made than limited editions. And based on the production numbers above every potc is pretty rare...

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I’m not a NIB guy but I went NIB for POTC. With JJP second releases normally being higher than the originals (WOZ YBR) and the chance they might not make more means this will hold its value well. Plus it’s an amazing game!

I am in that boat too; I have always thought "I'll wait and get it later" (I waited YEARs for LOTR, Spiderman, etc...). But IF they re-run POTC, it will almost certainly be at a larger cost (just compare Wonka LE to Pirates LE at the same $$$).

And if they don't re-run pirates, prices will likely stay in the same ballpark they are in now, if not drift up if the cookie cutter collectors all pile in on this game (Please please tell me what game should I buy next type collectors...).

AND I live in Canada so any used games I may buy and bring across the border I pay taxes on... so buying used doesn't save me much money.

Long story short I went mad and bought a NIB . Not regretting it a bit so far...

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Unsurprising, if you ask me...the LE delivered a lot of value for only +$1000. Shaker, invisiglass, powder coat, spinning pop bumpers, star map.
It was a no-brainer to at least get the LE (and I do have regret for not getting the CE.)

To me that was the math as well. CE was a no go for me (it would have added something like $5000 Canadian or more to the cost, and I only really like the (apparently noisy) topper out of the upgrades. I honestly think the playfield with the Davy Jones squid face is a downgrade over the piratey Depp on the other playfields.

But the +1K price of the SE for the LE was a no brainer, to the point I can see why they sold so few SE's (the underpriced the LE's by at least a $500 to $1000 in comparison).

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I have CE #158 serial nr ending on 154, built Jan 2nd 2019.
They really built 40 in 10 days over christmas? or you think is it just the date they sign and box it?

I doubt it is based on exact assembly order; my SN suggests is it close to game 550 (of the LE's) and was noted to have been assembled in Mid-Feb.

Whether there are 700, 800 or 1000 Pirates out there, the bottom line is Pirates is a fairly limited game at the moment.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wow - great to know if I ever get a POTC. Wonder if there's a way to fortify the lantern before it breaks?

In this day of 3d printing and spendy pinball folks, I am sure a lot of stuff will be fixable... for a price

But yeah if they do another pirates run, it will be good to get a larger supply of possible backup items... I am more concerned re: things light light boards and some of the motor based mechs.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Most of the motors are off the shelf stuff. Interestingly, both the topper motor and the rocking ship motor are the same as used on WOZ’s spinning house. The sculptures are what are becoming unobtanium.

Agreed the motors are likely not irreplaceable. But not sure how common the other assembly bits are. Armatures , metal discs etc.

Agreed that stuff like sculptures are a challenge. But physical stuff is easier to jury rig than electrical stuff like surface mount chips and motherboards etc.

10 months later
#174 4 years ago

If someone "needs" a game to be NIB to be happy all I have to say is good luck to them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.