You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (10) (resized).png
microphone4 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190405-172600_Chrome (resized).jpg
f8e45a7930231cd6697dc7f7b8d09b3b2fc7176e (1) (resized).jpg
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

SE here as well, with no gameplay differences outside the star map how could I say no to $1500 in savings? Game can with a NOS plastics set and boat motor too.
I went out an bought a Cliffy protector set along with the chest opening and star maps mods and now I am more than set. Best purchase I have made in a long time and this was a huge leap for me financially pinball wise. It cost almost twice as much as any other pin I had ever bought, but it's that good IMHO so I didn't want to miss out. I consider myself very lucky to have been able to pick one up, and locally at that. I wouldn't sell my SE as it sits for $10,000, it's a top 4 game for all time easily and isn't going anywhere for a long, long time.

Congrats! Must say while not always the case it Does say a lot about a game design when All models share the same enjoyability and gameplay without compromise. Pirates owners win no matter which model which is a design success in my book.

#152 4 years ago

If the demand is high enough charge more and get them out the door....

#153 4 years ago

As others have said I think JJP wants to move onto more affordable and profitable games. Wonka is an example of that, Pirate's isn't. I would expect to see more games like Wonka in the future meaning slightly less mechanical features / toys compared to past titles but still the same focus on build and code quality.

3 months later
#154 4 years ago

Hello. Im looking for a NIB CE from a distributor, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thank you!

#155 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Hello. Im looking for a NIB CE from a distributor, does anyone know where I can get one?
Thank you!

I think those are as extinct as the dinosaurs of past years.....

There is a CE listed on this site, umm...for like 24k though.

#156 4 years ago

Or a LE NIB would be great too...

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Or a LE NIB would be great too...

I haven't seen one of those listed for eons...

HUO are starting at 12/13K....

I don't think this is the case at all, or ever will be, but I'd wait for TPF and MGC. If there ever would be new production, you'd hear about it then...maybe. And IF.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think those are as extinct as the dinosaurs of past years.....
There is a CE listed on this site, umm...for like 24k though.

Would you pay 22 if you had the money? Is it worth it? (Considering JJP very well never make another CE run)

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Would you pay 22 if you had the money? Is it worth it? (Considering JJP very well never make another CE run)

Don't expect another CE run as the were limited to 200 and all sold. I suggest a slow hunt for an LE. You have to be patient and willing to pay the premium but that game is worth the upcharge in my opinion.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

Well, it's definitely unique!

I'd still wait and see if in a month or so, anything is announced.

Really, the game as a standard, up to a CE, is fantastic.

If I had the money, 22K, I'd hunt for an LE and another game, frankly. Unless you REALLY have the money!

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Well, it's definitely unique!
I'd still wait and see if in a month or so, anything is announced.
Really, the game as a standard, up to a CE, is fantastic.
If I had the money, 22K, I'd hunt for an LE and another game, frankly. Unless you REALLY have the money!

But I need it to be NIB, and there are none of either (LE or CE) I have searched like crazy for a month
...only option (NIB) is this CE @ 22k...and I havent seen another, let alone at a lower price...

#162 4 years ago

Don’t give up, I know a guy who just found a NIB CE overseas for $15,500 shipping included.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Don’t give up, I know a guy who found a NIB CE overseas for $15,500 shipping included.

Definitely less than 199 shots left it would seem!

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

No. No production pin is worth that much. It was $10k new just a year ago, which is pretty much the most any new pin ever cost. If you want one real bad just buy one for $12k. Unless you print money for a living do not pay $10k more for a cardboard box

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No. No production pin is worth that much. It was $10k new just a year ago, which is pretty much the most any new pin ever cost. If you want one real bad just buy one for $12k. Do not pay $10k more for a cardboard box

I have to agree here. Probably my favorite game in my collection currently, but I would not pay $22k. No need for NIB if that is the premium, HUO is more than fine.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

No. No production pin is worth that much. It was $10k new just a year ago, which is pretty much the most any new pin ever cost. If you want one real bad just buy one for $12k. Unless you print money for a living do not pay $10k more for a cardboard box

Actually it was 12500 new for the CE

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Actually it was 12500 new for the CE

That's right. I was talking about the LE, was a little mixed up. Still advise no way for $22k.

#168 4 years ago

I would never pay more than NIB price for any game. To think that some people might pay double is absolutely insane.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

I would never pay more than NIB price for any game. To think that some people might pay double is absolutely insane.

.....welcome to the hobby? How much do you think mid 90s William's games sold for new in box?

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

.....welcome to the hobby? How much do you think mid 90s William's games sold for new in box?

Not a good comparison in my opinion.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

....welcome to the thread? Sorry, were we talking about 25 year old games?...jeez.

Quoted from Indusguys:

Not a good comparison in my opinion.

No kidding.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Daaaaamn....so if I want a Wonka in 2043, it'll cost me $25,000! Better buy now at $7500!

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Daaaaamn....so if I want a Wonka in 2043, it'll cost me $25,000! Better buy now at $7500!

No because likely like WOZ JJP will still be making them. Don't honestly think #jorant was trying to be snarky he was just (I think) pointing out that most never thought the CV, TZ, BBB, etc we bought back in the day for $1100 would be worth 10-20k now. Add to that if they were still in the box well you can see what some of those crazy prices look like. Like "some" fine wines if you're willing and daring enough to put a game on ice you could have a win. Mostly not though.

#174 4 years ago

If someone "needs" a game to be NIB to be happy all I have to say is good luck to them.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No because likely like WOZ JJP will still be making them. Don't honestly think #jorant was trying to be snarky he was just (I think) pointing out that most never thought the CV, TZ, BBB, etc we bought back in the day for $1100 would be worth 10-20k now. Add to that if they were still in the box well you can see what some of those crazy prices look like. Like "some" fine wines if you're willing and daring enough to put a game on ice you could have a win. Mostly not though.

Which games will be of the Data East vintage?

Yeah, I felt he was just making a metaphor. Seemed to have good intentions!

Maybe that dude selling the POTC CE for 24K should leave it boxed....

#176 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Which games will be of the Data East vintage?
Yeah, I felt he was just making a metaphor. Seemed to have good intentions!
Maybe that dude selling the POTC CE for 24K should leave it boxed....

Actually Dan the owner of that game was over at my house yesturday playing mine so his is still in the box available. As for the Data East, If you have a DE King Kong you might be over POTC money. Can happen with Any low production great game.

#177 4 years ago

While I don't think Pirates will be rerun I do question the delays with releasing new code for the game. Could JJP be timing a new big code update with a TPF announcement that the game is being rerun?

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

While I don't think Pirates will be rerun I do question the delays with releasing new code for the game. Could JJP be timing a new big code update with a TPF announcement that the game is being rerun?

At this point that would be my Guess. In an awesome way Keith is a perfectionist so I suspect he is using the time he has to release a typical value added code update vs a simple bug fix. Plus a smart marketing move to present at the show and possibly have Eric illustrate the upgrades though unlikely.

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

At this point that would be my Guess. In an awesome way Keith is a perfectionist so I suspect he is using the time he has to release a typical value added code update vs a simple bug fix. Plus a smart marketing move to present at the show and possibly have Eric illustrate the upgrades though unlikely.

Are these upgrades just a rumor?

JJP really hasn't released any code updates in a while. I suppose they could release a few at TPF along side the network update feature.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are these upgrades just a rumor?
JJP really hasn't released any code updates in a while. I suppose they could release a few at TPF along side the network update feature.

It was reported by many JJP Beta customers that the pre-code is being tested by them though not complete with his final magic. Again all just a guess but going on past history Keith has never left a game anything less than a masterpiece.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but going on past history Keith has never left a game anything less than a masterpiece.

Except when he was forced to, like WOF.

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game isn’t being re-run.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The game isn’t being re-run.

Hearing mixed things on this.. I had a Distro tell me POTC would be run again this year.. Time will tell.

#184 4 years ago

Hearing mixed things on this.. I had a Distro tell me POTC would be run again this year.. Time will tell.

Multiple people have heard the opposite from distubtors, and recently, so what's the deal? Lol

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Multiple people have heard the opposite from distubtors, and recently, so what's the deal? Lol

I have no input on whether or not thr game will be re-run but COME ON WITH THE CODE UPDATES! Elvira has had 3 updates THIS WEEK, and that’s been out for far less time

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have no input on whether or not thr game will be re-run but COME ON WITH THE CODE UPDATES! Elvira has had 3 updates THIS WEEK, and that’s been out for far less time

Its almost like Keith Johnson is working on another unreleased game that is coming out soon.....

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Its almost like Keith Johnson is working on another unreleased game that is coming out soon.....

arggh!! lol

#188 4 years ago

Mo gold coins. Mo gold coins!!!!

Just the nature of the beast. One new game on deck, Wonka still in it's prime, and Pirates a setting sail.

They'll do us right me hardies, just have faith lad!

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from HectorCM:

But I need it to be NIB, and there are none of either (LE or CE) I have searched like crazy for a month
...only option (NIB) is this CE @ 22k...and I havent seen another, let alone at a lower price...

And not to be a Debbie downer, but if you found (or bought) a NIB at any price, there is a very reasonable (high) chance you might find an unwanted surprise awaiting you. If you must have one, I'd suggest an HUO that is stated to have "zero playfield problems" and inspect accordingly. Even though very, very few were made, they do pop up now and then......

I'm going to have a game by Eric at some point, sadly POTCCE was not meant to be for me.....($12.5k was the NIB price for CE...already stated I think)

#190 4 years ago

Let’s see, they are moving the entire operation to Chicago and trying to release 2 games this year while making Wonka’s and Woz on the small line.

You really think POTC is a top priority at this point?
Shit, they are still sending New PF’s out to everyone who had damage and I’ve heard that it is quite a large number of people impacted by this.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Let’s see, they are moving the entire operation to Chicago and trying to release 2 games this year while making Wonka’s and Woz on the small line.
You really think POTC is a top priority at this point?
Shit, they are still sending New PF’s out to everyone who had damage and I’ve heard that it is quite a large number of people impacted by this.

Hard to believe there is still much demand for NIB WOZ after all these years as JJP has cranked out thousands of them!

#192 4 years ago

Hard to believe there is still much demand for NIB WOZ after all these years as JJP has cranked out thousands of them!

I can still see the appeal considering so many ones had issues (light boards specifically). It’s really mid red ruby (or maybe beginning of RR) and on that JJP can say the games work as expected.

Now the yellow brick road edition - what complete garbage that was.

#193 4 years ago

JJP may want to test the waters. Maybe they should come out and say they will do another run of X pirates at Y price. And if they get enough orders at the right price they move forward. Customers happy, JJP happy. If they dont get enough orders Everyone moves on.

Really great playfield, game is fun to shoot.

#194 4 years ago

Hard to believe there is still much demand for NIB WOZ after all these years

WOZ is bigger than pinball as we know it.

Jack put me in the forum before production started. That summer I had older couples stopping in my business to see what a pinball machine is and what they bought. They found my arcade because of the forum. There are WOZ conventions, clubs, and everything. People snarf up anything WOZ related.

And I thought KISS with the coffins, toilet seats, phones, and stuff was out of hand.

LTG : )

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

JJP may want to test the waters. Maybe they should come out and say they will do another run of X pirates at Y price. And if they get enough orders at the right price they move forward. Customers happy, JJP happy. If they dont get enough orders Everyone moves on.
Really great playfield, game is fun to shoot.

Maybe the Stern “studio” model?

#196 4 years ago

I agree with that comment but with the move and their focus to get two machines out this year it just seems like bad timing to attempt another POTC run with all the issues they had with the build and parts supply.

Who knows what will go down with the move.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WOZ is bigger than pinball as we know it.
Jack put me in the forum before production started. That summer I had older couples stopping in my business to see what a pinball machine is and what they bought. They found my arcade because of the forum. There are WOZ conventions, clubs, and everything. People snarf up anything WOZ related.
And I thought KISS with the coffins, toilet seats, phones, and stuff was out of hand.
LTG : )

And the crazy thing about all of that? I have still only been able to play this game in maybe 2/3 locations in a tristate region that has heavy ass amounts of pinball.

Pinball saturation ain't shit what it once was.... I can only find games in very specific breweries, and large retro arcades. No pizza shops, no convenience stores.... It would be nuts to think of walking into a WaWa, Sheetz, whatever, and seeing pins like I used to at 7/11......

#198 4 years ago

And did somebody say.....

tenor (10) (resized).pngtenor (10) (resized).png
#199 4 years ago

With Jack moving to chicago area,and I assume is to ramp up production to get more games out ,then he will make more pirates.It will probably be at least a two years out but we all know he would sell 700- 1000 more units.Jack has in his history built games with no real limit on them.He said 5000 le of wonka ? That's just saying LE is not a limited number but a model name edition of a game.That said, he would most likely do something like the yellow brick road edition and we would see the priced at 11k range.He said in the past never say never and he is in business to sell games, and these,he knows would sell,so why wouldn't he make more if he had the production part of his company running at a faster pace.I do not believe, or agree at all with the game being too difficult to build or the parts costing too much to make them. The bottom line is he has a game already designed and would most likely be guaranteed sales waiting for him to build them.Also to add to the reason to make more is to get more of the development cost back from the game.They put a lot of money into it and again can make more money off that development investment.
Just another topic Jack really needs to ramp up production if you ask me.He's been on Whilly for what,a year and half? (I'm guessing).He has Toy Story and Guns and Roses ready to go and most likely 4 more in the line up waiting.The move to Chicago is what I hope will change Jack from a Spooky level company making one game a time into a company that can get games built and out the door, or at half of what stern can level.He has the best Games out their and it would be great to see more of them on the streets.If he can double or triple his speed on production that would be a huge turning point for him.Go Jack go ;}

#200 4 years ago

I do agree that Jack will build this game if he can (regardless of if it was a pain or not). The cost will def be 11.5 or higher and likely year(s) out but Jack will build it again IF the license doesn't cause a conflict (IMO).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-really-done-with-pirates-/page/4?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.