The answer is 110% NO!
1) Jack already announced he has the rights and license to make more games for 3 more years.
2) He also mentioned what's wrong with building up demand
3) He also mentioned never say never
4) This is their MO ... they have done the same thing many times. They will bring back Pirates in probably 6 months, much like YBR. They will talk to their dealers, and gauge demand, figure out a number, and build the amount they can basically pre-sell. I predict they will not sell the game themselves, but rather announce another batch of say 250 games, which would more or less be sold before they even make one.
5) Much to some JJP doubters, YBR is sold out. Those games are sold straight to their retailers, the demand was there, people can call it a money grab, great because it is. If you create something people want to buy why wouldn't you make it? This is the nature of a business. JJP has retailers telling them they will take X amount of games, then hell yeah you're going to make a run. The same thing will happen for Pirates if and when the retails come back to them and say 'hey we could sell another XYZ amount of these games'... they will make another batch.
6) I think you'll see batches of Pirates made for the next couple of years, 200 more 6 months from now, 200 more another 6 months after that maybe. I think i you study their patterns, as they're doing line changes for new games, they quickly squeeze in an old game. They took Pirates off, they squeezed in more WOZ. We all already know and understand that Jack said they're announcing TWO games this year, Wonka will come out next week right? Okay so they got two lines one is working on WOZ, the other I'm sure is already making Wonka.
Probably about 6 months from now, Wonka will come off, so their next game can go on (GNR or Toy Story) just prior Im predicting they'll announce a short run for Pirates.
7) Understand as well Wonka is going to be their biggest or second biggest hit ever... everyone is predicting that. People have to understand they ordered enough parts to make probably 1000 games, which at an average of 9,500 is 9.5 million dollars. Not to bad! Either way they used all their parts, they're all gone, to make complete games. So now what they'll probably do is talk to suppliers, about getting enough parts for another 300 games probably. That might take 3 to 6 months to deliver. Again when I predict you'll see another run of Pirates.
Lastly, they've sold lets say 1,000 Pirates. They'll need parts to service those machines, I have no doubt, they'll be putting in another order for parts, but first they'll need to talk to their retailers, over the next 60 days to determine just how many they will pre-order if they make another run. Once that is established I'm sure there will be an order for parts and more games to follow.
I do NOT think JJP will sell the next batch of Pirates from their website, it will be strictly thru retailers who pre-ordered xyz # of machines.