Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 6 years ago

Maybe Stern should cut back to 1 machine a year, make it a killer license, limit production on it to cater to the collector and use better materials and craftsmanship and charge 12k for it.

I’d be ok with this but I think most wont.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think it's going to be interesting to see the Iron Maiden reveal next week. The thing that got so many people excited about POTC from JJP was it has a new designer that clearly put a not of new ideas and that this is my first game passion into it. I think people like that JJP doesn't seem to hold design features back and just prices the game more if needed so that the designer doesn't have a lot of restrictions. For me that makes the games higher then I will pay for them. I'm glad that others are willing too though. Next week we find out what stern has done with Keith's first game. Did they hold him back and remove a ton of stuff? Will it be exactly what Keith wanted and if so what's the price going to be? Will this be sterns response to POTC or is it just business as usual. I'm excited to see.

I spoke with a large JJP dealer yesterday regarding when he thought Potc would be released and the answer I got was probably not for another 6 months. seems like a long time to me.

#157 6 years ago

Did I miss some sort of leak that basically guarantees Iron Maiden is the next machine?

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow and that's for the regular and LE editions first. That means the CE won't be out until xmas time?

I'm really hoping he didn't have a clue and just said whatever came to mind keeping my expectations low. 6 more months is quite a long time from the original announcement.

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I was told August at the earliest for POTC. When I spoke to someone at JJP the other day they disputed that and said much quicker because they were getting ready to change the line which takes about week(maybe 2, cant remember exactly) and then games come rolling out a couple of weeks later.
Dont shoot the messenger.

I hope your right about it being a few weeks to a month or so. August is a long ways away! Lol

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I believe that is an accurate assumption. Getting away with less loss would maybe be possible if there is a long wait for a NIB and you actually have an almost NIB for sale.

I think generally this is why the JJP stuff holds its value a little better than others. They sort of have limited production since the factory doesn't crank em out like stern and flood the market/distributors. They fly off the shelf from the distributors because most only get a few at a time. It seems to some extent that unless your willing to buy from any distributor there is always some sort of wait. Some of the big stern distributors get them by the truck load.

Not saying this is good or bad just the way it is.

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't see why they have nowhere to go but up.
When they get to the Gone With the Wind Confederate LE with custom grey armour, I can't see it going for less than $20k.

I thought they had the license for Ben Hur.... lol

1 week later
#352 6 years ago

Any word on what the LE topper design will be?

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from zFabi:

The Topper will be a moving bottleship with storm effects

Only on the CE. I think they are saying the LE at 10k deserves more than just a laser engraved topper.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The rumor I heard from a reliable source is that they were "thinking about" letting LE owners buy the ship topper as an add-on. I REALLY hope that is true and that they do decide to allow for that topper to be purchased separately. Initially that wasn't the intent and the LE would get something less awesome, and probably just etched plastic lit up. An etched plastic topper is probably what is intended in the product matrix as being included with the LE for what is listed as "Laser cut topper".

Man I hope they do this, even if expensive. I want that topper for my LE.

I would buy a CE but I think the barnacles look cheezy and don’t care for having Davey Jones all over the machine.

Please JJP sell us LE folks that awesome topper!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 91.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.