Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think generally this is why the JJP stuff holds its value a little better than others.

Not really the point of this thread, but I'm not sure this is accurate, HUO Hobbits are pretty affordable right now. Seems like once you're up into that $8k+ NIB bracket, games from most manufacturers lose a good bit of value on resale (except for the PPS/CGC remakes, thus-far).

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

The continued macro decrease in overall NIB sales (by all manufacturers) for home use over comparative increase in used sales will not help based on the present economy changes.

Not sure this is accurate either. Are you saying there's a "macro decrease" in the number of NIB pinball machines sold in 2017 vs. 1994? If so, that seems totally plausible but also not relevant to today's pinball market -- TAF came out 25 years ago. If you're saying there's a decrease in number of NIB pinball machines sold over the past few years, where's the evidence? Stern moving into big new factory plus a handful of new manufacturers jumping onto the scene suggests just the opposite. Or are you predicting that this is the future of pinball?

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I think most people agree that SW could have been so much more.

If that's what most people think then they're missing out. It plays fast and furious and does that very, very well. Tossing a bunch more stuff on the playfield would not have improved the game.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If I'm mistaken and proven wrong, I will gladly apologize. But you have been called out a few times in this thread as being Jody Dankberg and not once have you denied it until now. How do you explain yourself?

Hope this isn't true, would be very disappointing for Stern to have a high-level employee taking "anonymous" swipes at the competition on Pinside. Especially when Stern's (totally reasonable) policy is to not comment on Pinside.

Is there a specific reason to think OP is Mr. Dankberg? Even though he took a seeming shot at the Aerosmith LCD implementation?

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Pathfinder:

Affordable, sure, but worth it? If I own a machine for a year and only really get 250 worthwhile plays (i.e. not including maintenance and wasted starts) out of it before selling and I have $2K in trade-up costs, then each game costs me $8. Daily cost is $5.50 ($166 monthly) - even if you don't play it. On location, each game would cost these days what, $1?

With those play numbers, NIB games didn't make financial sense at $4k either. So either you get some other benefit from owning games (like convenience and cheap beer costs) or you should save your quarters and play on location instead!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.