Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My time is worth more.

Not according to the amount of time you spend on Pinside.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

ehhh... ok I'll bite... As a distributor least I can add facts to the original post.
Yes games are expensive, they have been and it's not just JJP. JJP excels on many fronts - quality, code, depth, toys, LCD/animations, accessories included (headphone jack, invisiglass, shaker) so yes they are more than others - just a little more in many cases, but you get well more than your money's worth with what they give you vs others at lower cost.
Yes, I have all 3 models of DI in stock. Kinda just got to that point and I frankly only have a few - they sell. To only have stock for the first time after about 10 months of production means they sold well, really well - meaning sales kept coming in as months went by and we rarely had any stock during that time. And the few I have will sell soon and I'll get more (rinse lather repeat)...
WOZ is THE most expensive of all of them and we have been selling this game (sit down folks...) FOR now over SEVEN years. 7. 84 months. 7 years. Many of you have children that are not that old and marriages that don't last that long. 7 YEARS... AND - I have them in stock, but I have a hard time KEEPING THEM IN STOCK. (rinse lather repeat)... They sell, always have, always will.
Hobbit - Same thing but to a lesser extent than WOZ - games been for sale 4/5 years I guess - Yes, I have them in stock, but I keep buying more as they sell - slower than WOZ, but they sell - just sold 1 Friday delivering Tuesday...
So... the argument that JJP is pricing themselves out of the market is poppycock (I've always wanted to use that word and now I can die happy)... Are they expensive, yes. Do they sell - YES. That equates to a quality product at a top end price that people appreciate and buy - and buy - and buy etc... Marketing 101 is that there's a sweet spot where you set your price and the market will determine if it's right or wrong... If it's too high - you won't sell. If it's too low you won't be able to produce enough to keep up... I think they waver between both at times, but many times we can't keep games in stock. So I think they've 'dialed in' the pricing sweet spot just right.
Final note : JJP is the only company on earth that has ever made a pinball machine that STILL is producing EVERY SINGLE TITLE they've ever made and not stopped. Yes, it's just 3 - soon to be 4, but it's 7 years. Impressive folks any way you slice it.
Oh and FYI POTC Collectors Editions are SOLD OUT - I might have 1 left - not even sure - just got another inquiry yesterday and more will come as the game goes into production... $ 12,500 and SOLD OUT. By definition, that's not pricing yourself out of any market. Crazy price and reaction to an amazing game packed with everything you could want - but there is a market. And it's just not rich folks - many of my customers sell an old game or two and then buy a JJP. They are the Cadillac of pinball and most everyone wants to own one at some point.
Hope this helps clear up any soapbox ranting with facts from a distributor that lives this stuff every day.
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

Wasn’t WOZ released in 2013?

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm open to understanding but nothing definitive. If you begin reading at comment #91 on the second page, you will see a pattern of him being called out or hinted at by various people and he does nothing to address the issue. Nothing, not even the first time I called him out. Read the back and forth in this thread and you can draw your own conclusion.
None of this means I'm right but it does seem highly suspicious.

I'd like to think that you and Whysnow are both grown-up enough to offer a heartfelt apology to Jody if/when the OP proves who he is, and it's NOT him.
I'd LIKE to think that.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been calling JY64 Jody Yankberg. He is not Jody Dankberg, but rather a Stern fan to the extreme of trolling hence he is constantly yanking us all around.
I can't believe I need to even explain that play on names/ pinside handles for some people...
I dont really care whom he is in real life and have no idea if he is a Stern employee (although some things are obvious at this stage and each person can make their own judgement call since he has chosen to remain anonymous yet continues with his same old stuff for years now). He has an obvious agenda and it is tired and old. The funniest part of this whole thread is that he started it with the intent to troll everyone and hoped he would bring out the JJP haters. Instead the obvious tide change has happened and people largely have commented on the issue Stern has had rather then any indication of concern for JJP pricing.

Good on you for opposing his comments.
It would down-right ignorant for anyone to keep spouting their hateful views over and over, ignoring the fact that others may not share their opinion.
Right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business?tu=chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.