Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That's the same with me and I *WANT* Stern to earn my business back. But they just aren't cutting it for me and on several different levels.

aint that the truth. After yet ANOTHER morning of trying to troubleshoot and work on our brand new GOTG to get it working properly, I am burnt out on their stuff. Quality has continued to go down while they jacked the price up.

I really want to give them money to keep making new games, but it has become harder and harder with what they offer.

I used to always say, you could not go wrong with a Stern pro for route, but lately the amount of issues the NIB games are having I dont think that is the case.
It used to be you could buy a new stern, unbox it, and only minor tweaks to make it play better.

the past few have been countless hours of troubleshooting major issues (weak flippers, blown node boards, etc...) My time is worth more.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Not according to the amount of time you spend on Pinside.

lol. pinside is not 'work'

NOBODY should have the amount if issues we have seen with the most recent batch of Sterns. This Fing GOTG has been a real PITA since the day it came out of the box.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Wait till your main board goes bad on the shitty spike system past the 90 day warranty. That'll be the nail in the coffin.

Yeah, this issue has been doumented since day one, so they won't be able to just stop with the support.

Thus far, they have been very good in support dept, but the real problem is how much time it has wasted. I also feel bad for the players tha continually drop in coins only to have to deal with intermittently weak flippers. Not much fun to play a game that does not even flip consistently.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from spazzman90:

If you want to fix this issue with intermittent weak flips, you have to solder the wires for the EOS together so they are always closed. Been a problem since ghostbusters. Game of thrones and before is fine, but they changed something in the software and frankly their EOS switches suck. Solder the wires together for each flipper EOS and be done with it!
-Jeff

Seems to be a light board issue currently. Been through every itteration of trouble shooting and swapping every part, but newest code seems to have wak flippers related to when big light shows are happening.

Can you get rid of EOS completely on spike games? Won't coils over heat if held up for too long with no EOS?

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I would not do that. Run a dollar bill through the EOS switches and the cabinet button switches. I did that on a GB pro at our local distributor one night before our weekly tournament started and it did not have any issues rest of that night. Hope that works for you.

Tried that and no fix sadly.

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you have an earlier code version to try? It could be up to 6 months before we see another update.

It has been there across all code updates, but worse since the most recent. The most recent does lots of light show crap and weak flippers seem to be associated with that (when lots of stuff is happening). If I unplug c3, c14, and c15 from node 8 then flipper power seems better. That of course just insinuates it is either a power supply issue or one of the feature lights, or all of them on a board is pulling down power. It honestly blows my mind that their 'improved' spike system has the ability for lights to screw up coil power.

Intermittent issues like this are the biggest pain to try and figure out and so frustrating that I have had to waste so much time on this. Even more frustrating that their support department shuts down at 5p each day. Gotta love when troubleshooting with them on the line and they tell you at 5p that they have to go and tell you to call back the next day.
Arrrgggghhh, so sick of this BS on a brand new game.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I always admire and appreciate candid comments such as these to put things in perspective for those of us unaware. Especially when they validate each other along with community upvotes.
Thanks for keeping it real guys, looks like I got trolled on this one.

I think his initials as Jody Yankberg.

#135 6 years ago

If it was not obvious to people before, this thread cements JY as a stern plant or troll. Made the OP and has not returned since.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Sorry Pinhead I don't spend my weekends on Pinside get a life

so you started a troll thread on a friday at noon with the intent to have discussion? then just evaporated for the weekend...

sure thing...

We all know the reality is you came in thinking this was going to be your super hype thread before you left work on Friday, saw the reaction, and evaporated till you got called out and thought you could come back to try and save face from being the schill you are.
see ya Yankberg.

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Will it be exactly what Keith wanted and if so what's the price going to be?

even IF they dont butcher it... It should be the same price. It does not have many more mechs than a typical Stern, just 4 flippers. If people are dumb enough to pay thousands more for 2 extra flipper mechs then they will be sure to charge it... Sad that people are even regurgitating this storyline they want you to believe. Going beyond 17 coils should NOT add big bucks to the end cost of a game.

Quoted from jgentry:

That's definitely an issue for JJP. People seem willing to wait for their games but they loose a lot of momentum between announcement and actual delivery of games. That's something that JJP will have to get a handle on at some point if they can keep growing.

It appears DI has picked up steam and WOZ is still selling. This tells me they are just using that time to put more polish on POTC before it delivers which is a great thing! I woudl say if anything that POTC seems like they did a nice job of stealing the show and getting tons of orders last fall, did a nice hype bump with the live stream last week, and will likely get more bumps from the refined game being for play at TPF and MGC this spring show circuit. If anything, it seems they have extended the hype train better than most with this one.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did I miss some sort of leak that basically guarantees Iron Maiden is the next machine?

It has been stated by MNpinball and he is usually the man in the know for final confirmation of these things.

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

why do you think DI picked up

because it is a fun game and as more people have played it, they like it. That is how it works when a game is actually designed well, coded well, but and unlicensed theme... They put the energy into making a great game rather than just hyping a tired license based on nostalgia and trying to dig out with code on a poorly designed and empty layout game.

If it is not obvious to you, license sell out of the gate, but we are seeing a shift where people are willing to pay for a great playing non-licensed theme that is properly coded. You should try it out sometime.

CE is sold out via JJP so that tells me there are even enough collectors into this theme to buy an overpriced one for the plaque.
Reality is that standard and LE sales are apparently doing very well and continue to sell.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

JJP threads have 12 post in the last 24 hr not counting this thread so I doubt they are setting the gaming world on fire

lol

you are grasping for something now. Pathetic and sad all with one short post.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

JJP is not pricing themselves out of the hobby, but they are pricing Stern out. Think about it...when JJP raises his prices Stern usually raises theirs by the same amount. However, we are getting less and less from Stern for these higher prices, poor quality, and code issues that will never end. JJP has no such issues.
So Stern is chasing away customers at these higher prices more than JJP is. Houdini could change the market around a little bit in the future though...there is a lot of game there for the money. I would be in for one if I did not have some recent financial issues I had to redirect my cash to, but it is in my future soon.

very well put!

There is no doubt that as JJP has offered a premier product (and associate higher price), Stern has rode those coat tails to raise prices while decreasing quality and QC. The tides have definitely turned on public sentiment for them lately (this thread is a good indicator as just a year ago JY64 would get away with this BS trolling) and it will be interesting to see their path forward.

The have acknowledged some fault through trying to buy back support on pf issue and cabinet issue fixes and now with new hires in code department showing that they finally see the requirement to support games... I am curious if they will actual improve quality, build more full featured games, etc...

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow and that's for the regular and LE editions first. That means the CE won't be out until xmas time?

I was told Early April last I checked...

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The question is what happens if game prices keep going up $500 a yr $15,000 and $12,00 a game does not seem like a sustainable business model 5 yr's from now

god you are worthless. Back at it on a Friday trying to troll some more...

You are a sad sad man. All your bumping and continual crap do is continue to show others you are a troll.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The real question is how long will Stern last raising their prices and putting less on the playfield and serious quality control issues?

If they dont change something with the next release, it is obvious the tides have turned.

They can not continue to put out stripped back games, lacking or even alpha code at delivery, poor/cheaper construction, and frankly aweful issues with the spike 2 system at the current prices. Something has to change in a big way as they wont continue to float by on the coat tails of JJP prices or big themes selling games (look at GOTG as example and SW before that).

I am fine paying current prices if they can get their shit in order. I am done with striped back, crap code games, and poor quality at their current prices.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

This whole "JY64 is Jody Dankberg!" myth was debunked a year ago. Whysnow just won't let it die though.

I have been calling JY64 Jody Yankberg. He is not Jody Dankberg, but rather a Stern fan to the extreme of trolling hence he is constantly yanking us all around.

I can't believe I need to even explain that play on names/ pinside handles for some people...

I dont really care whom he is in real life and have no idea if he is a Stern employee (although some things are obvious at this stage and each person can make their own judgement call since he has chosen to remain anonymous yet continues with his same old stuff for years now). He has an obvious agenda and it is tired and old. The funniest part of this whole thread is that he started it with the intent to troll everyone and hoped he would bring out the JJP haters. Instead the obvious tide change has happened and people largely have commented on the issue Stern has had rather then any indication of concern for JJP pricing.

1 week later
#376 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just figured KingBW who heard it from a “reliable source” might be his brother Eric?

kingPIN is Chris. Chris is Eric's brother.

KINGBW is not related to Eric at all.

#383 6 years ago

In regards to the stupidness of this thread title...

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1852550644769601

Looks like they are in business and doing quite well to me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.