Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

I'd take a JJP pin over any other >$7500 pin on the market. Their quality and dedication to code is unmatched.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

It's not just the money, it's the JJP games. They just aren't that good.
They do not hold up on location - they play sloppy - they have way, way too many components underneath the playfield.
You need to take apart 6 things to get to the 1 area needing repair. No thanks.
Great big color full video screens in the head. Excellent, but who has time to look at the them when you are playing?
All my circle talks about is what Planetary is releasing soon:
When the pinball world cares most about which 20 year old game is being remade, that ought to show you that the new titles and sellers are not cutting it.
My orders for Cactus C and BBB get placed the day they announce, whenever that is.
Still love Metallica, though...

I agree with you in that jjp games aren't great for location operators, especially the lazy ones who don't maintain their games. Stern pros are where it's at for low maintenance location play. But to say jjp games aren't good tells me you don't have much time in on them, don't know the rules, and/or you played them at a location that didn't spend the extra time needed to upkeep it.

But enjoy your Metallica and the grind that comes with it.

#91 6 years ago

I find it funny, yet ironic, that this thread started off as a jab at JJP by a known Stern supporter and is ending with current stern quality issues.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A poster mentioned that a few years ago directed towards me, I think it's a good idea. I've never hid who I was. So I added the JJP Tech Support as my location. No room for also Tech Support for PPS/CGC.
LTG : )

Just change it to "everyone's favorite tech support, MN"

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't think JJP is pricing themselves out of business but with every $500 price bump they are making their pool of potential buyers smaller. Same can be said with Sterns price increases.
Myself and many others have been priced out by the yearly increase costs from Stern and JJP. Eventually, maybe we are there maybe not, sales will decrease.
Who I'm I kidding, it's time to sell a kidney and buy a POTC CE or the next Stern Super LE!

I was thinking of selling a testicle, but a kidney is all the same. Bring on the $10k+ pins!! ....or at least 2

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You may be right I will change that to the Pinside Buzz has cut back

You may not be looking in the right places, but Pirates is on fire right now. It may not be stirring the buzz pot some pinsiders like because it lacks pinside drama. Trust me, if they were streaming this game with laughable voice over actors, or no rules implementation, or code that just lights a color and you chase it around the playfield, or if it was copy paste from Dialed In; the game would be getting plenty of pinside buzz. Truth is, the game looks stellar and amazing. It’s the *mic drop* effect so to speak - here it is, engineered and coded like no other release, nothing more to say.

Notice other companies that are getting all the pinside attention...? Incomplete copy+paste code from some manufacturers; incomplete code by some; companies gaining attention by hiring all sorts of questionable peeps making outrageous claims; some companies still struggling to get games in owners’ hands after 3+ years; some having manufacturing issues; etc... I think JJP is in a good place with their ‘buzz’. Simply put, any company that comes close to JJPs price point will get their shit handed to them because the lack of quality and dedication comparatively speaking is unmatched.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 91.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.