Screenshot_20180301-192701 (resized).png
Screenshot_20180301-192946 (resized).png
bd5f117a77113f12799f5fbe24b064a5 (resized).jpg
256zp1 (resized).jpg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
zzzz1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180217-064537 (resized).png
The_Wizard_of_Oz_Judy_Garland_Terry_1939 (resized).jpg
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Good point. Too bad there isn't a Keira Knightley version of the playfield.

Yeah, it's weird that they have TWO Depp solo versions and only one Davy Jones. A Depp solo one, a Depp/Will/Elizabeth one in a triangle orientation, and a Davy Jones might have been nice for variety.

#352 6 years ago

Any word on what the LE topper design will be?

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any word on what the LE topper design will be?

IS there an LE topper? I wasn't aware one was planned...I thought it was only the CE.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

IS there an LE topper? I wasn't aware one was planned...I thought it was only the CE.

Yep le gets a topper... probably something like ecwoz style if i had to guess

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep le gets a topper... probably something like ecwoz style if i had to guess

I hope CGC has at least upped the LE topper bar for JJP a LITTLE. It's awesome, and JJP deserves to be competitive.

#356 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I hope CGC has at least upped the LE topper bar for JJP a LITTLE. It's awesome, and JJP deserves to be competitive.

A little? That CGC AFRMLE topper is probably the best topper ever made.....I love JJP games, but their toppers are crap For the price of their machines I would think they would put out a great topper for their LE or CE models....

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

A little? That CGC AFRMLE topper is probably the best topper ever made.....I love JJP games, but their toppers are crap For the price of their machines I would think they would put out a great topper for their LE or CE models....

Jjp is innovative with the playfield /toy design ,lighting and code and load their pins up with a ton of stuff which is more important than a topper imo. Cgc is remakeing old pins from the 90s so they need to make it stand out from originals . This is possible bc everytthing is basically done allready and they can focus on things like toppers and bling.

#358 6 years ago

The Topper will be a moving bottleship with storm effects

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from zFabi:

The Topper will be a moving bottleship with storm effects

Only on the CE. I think they are saying the LE at 10k deserves more than just a laser engraved topper.

#360 6 years ago

I think they might sell that one extra, I can see cracked bottles in the future TBH

#361 6 years ago

The rumor I heard from a reliable source is that they were "thinking about" letting LE owners buy the ship topper as an add-on. I REALLY hope that is true and that they do decide to allow for that topper to be purchased separately. Initially that wasn't the intent and the LE would get something less awesome, and probably just etched plastic lit up. An etched plastic topper is probably what is intended in the product matrix as being included with the LE for what is listed as "Laser cut topper".

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Jjp is innovative with the playfield /toy design ,lighting and code and load their pins up with a ton of stuff which is more important than a topper imo. Cgc is remakeing old pins from the 90s so they need to make it stand out from originals . This is possible bc everytthing is basically done allready and they can focus on things like toppers and bling.

Yes and no on the remakes. They actually redesign all the electronics, back box, sound, speakers, dmd, etc.... so theres quite of bit of work on the remakes, but I totally agree that JJP focuses on play field toys, and mechs. The only toppers I've owned are WOZ RR, and my AFMRLE .... the AFMRLE topper is pretty amazing, because it interacts with the game play.....I love JJP games, but my only complaint is they don't really sell an LE.....their real version of an LE is the CE.....

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A lot of work was already done on AFM for CGC, but we don't know the licensing costs for that work. I would guess that it is much higher than the licensing costs from the movie franchises. They are selling into a market that already has a significant number of AFM machines in it - so sales should be lower than they otherwise would have been for an original game. The AFMrLE topper is a work of art. The extra light show stuff on that machine is really good. If they indeed don't sell additional models or retro-fits with those features, the LE version is well worth the extra $2K. Compared to this, the $3K upgrade on POTC just doesn't seem to make the grade. Especially since they are already talking about selling the topper as an upgrade and they have in the past offered LE features / graphics in new SE models. So one really can't be sure the CE playfield art won't appear in an SE later.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The rumor I heard from a reliable source is that they were "thinking about" letting LE owners buy the ship topper as an add-on. I REALLY hope that is true and that they do decide to allow for that topper to be purchased separately. Initially that wasn't the intent and the LE would get something less awesome, and probably just etched plastic lit up. An etched plastic topper is probably what is intended in the product matrix as being included with the LE for what is listed as "Laser cut topper".

If this turns out to be true, then I will change my order from a CE to LE. What is then the incentive to buy the CE ?? The machine will be placed between others so I do not get to see much of the radcals. If they do this than literally only the barnacles and the artwork are the differences between the machines.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

If this turns out to be true, then I will change my order from a CE to LE. What is then the incentive to buy the CE ?? The machine will be placed between others so I do not get to see much of the radcals. If they do this than literally only the barnacles and the artwork are the differences between the machines.

I will too. I'll cancel my CE order as well and just pick up an "LE" on the secondary market sometime.

Sorry but you don't get to jack up prices to $12,500 and just offer a few add ons.

There is/should be a reason they call it a "collectors edition"

Then again, "limited edition" means nothing either

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will too. I'll cancel my CE order as well and just pick up an "LE" on the secondary market sometime.
Sorry but you don't get to jack up prices to $12,500 and just offer a few add ons.
There is/should be a reason they call it a "collectors edition"
Then again, "limited edition" means nothing either

I would just remember where that business decision started. Pinside. I would give that rumor 1% credibility like the Lyman retirement Pinside certainty. My CE stands based on what the Company says not Pinside thanks.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would just remember where that business decision started. Pinside. I would give that rumor 1% credibility

I wouldn't give it any credibility.

LTG : )

#368 6 years ago

I just figured KingBW who heard it from a “reliable source” might be his brother Eric?

I sure hope it’s not reliable King!

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just figured KingBW who heard it from a “reliable source” might be his brother Eric?

Eric posts here as Hogbog.

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't give it any credibility.

And this is precisely why I said IF this is true. If I do not hear it from the company then it is just a rumor to me. Thanks LTG !

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

And this is precisely why I said IF this is true. If I do not hear it from the company then it is just a rumor to me. Thanks LTG !

I’m sorry but Any rumor on Pinside that starts with “A reliable source of my brothers cousins neighbors friend” tends to be BS. If JJP or Lloyd say it I would back and support it. Otherwise it’s typical Pinside fodder.

#372 6 years ago

If the bottle ship would be available for LE buyers, I would buy it immediately. It is so awesome.
My guess it will be limited to the CE. Maybe LE owners can buy a lesser version of it.
But i guess it will be same topper type as woz 75th.
I don’t care for toppers, but the bottle ship I a work of art.

#373 6 years ago

The "they're thinking about it" source is a post from a distributor. Thinking about it is not saying they will. Just passing along rumors on the topic of discussion that seemed credible. I DID say it was a rumor that they were "thinking about it". It could very well be false that they THOUGHT about it.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The "they're thinking about it" source is a post from a distributor. Thinking about it is not saying they will. Just passing along rumors on the topic of discussion that seemed credible. I DID say it was a rumor that they were "thinking about it". It could very well be false that they THOUGHT about it.

Sounds good. I’m just passing on my reaction as a CE buyer fwiw to the possibility that they might be “thinking about it”

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds good. I’m just passing on my reaction as a CE buyer fwiw to the possibility that they might be “thinking about it”

LOL that is exactly what I thought. I think every manufacturer is reading Pinside as it is a great resource for them. If they are not, they should be, reading in between all the drama.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

kingPIN is Chris. Chris is Eric's brother.

KINGBW is not related to Eric at all.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

kingPIN is Chris. Chris is Eric's brother.
KINGBW is not related to Eric at all.

Oh shit, my bad! Forget it then, no offense Kingbw but I got confused thinking you were Chris

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Man I hope they do this, even if expensive. I want that topper for my LE.

I would buy a CE but I think the barnacles look cheezy and don’t care for having Davey Jones all over the machine.

Please JJP sell us LE folks that awesome topper!

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I would buy a CE but I think the barnacles look cheezy and don’t care for having Davey Jones all over the machine.

Sorry, NOT gonna happen, per confirmation from Joe and Jack so let's put this BS to rest now!

And I'm super excited to get the CE.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really think that will not help their CE sales and "specialness" - I can't see them doing it, and I don't think they should (though I would like to have the topper, too).

#381 6 years ago

I heard they are offering a much better real model ship in a bottle for purchase afterwords that makes the CE one look silly.

See, it's fun to make up stuff and watch guys that spend 12.5k heads explode

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I heard they are offering a much better real model ship in a bottle for purchase afterwords that makes the CE one look silly.
See, it's fun to make up stuff and watch guys that spend 12.5k heads explode

I just want something unique and not a jacket or steak dinner! JJP got the CE right on POTC.

Maybe somebody can do a Lego topper for the LE's.

#383 6 years ago

In regards to the stupidness of this thread title...

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1852550644769601

Looks like they are in business and doing quite well to me

#384 6 years ago

didn´t have read any answer, but STERN does, not JJP or any other competitor.
While inreasing the prices with every machine Stern introduced, the market becomes more and more interesting for new manufactures.
so in the end, qualitiy and innovatiy will decide, who will survive. And it will not be Stern for sure.
( SPIKE is a failure by design, totally crap... )

2 years later
#385 3 years ago

This is an old thread and I'm late to posting anything on it.

I bought a WOZ Emerald City edition from Jack. During the process, I talked with him on the phone several times, and this caused me to really root for him to be successful in this venture. I have let a few years go by and not talked with Jack. I have some questions, and I hope they have not already been addressed and my questions about the move to Chicago are considered stupid. But here they are:
1. Did Jack actually sell out to someone else who took the company to Chicago?
2. Did he have problems with cash flow, was about to go bust, and felt pressure to give up his business?
3. Or, did he pick up his family and they all moved to Chicago to the new plant location?
4. Does he still own Jersey Jack, still live in New Jersey and run the company from his remote location?

Thanks anyone who can enlighten me?

Mike in Kentucky

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

This is an old thread and I'm late to posting anything on it.
I bought a WOZ Emerald City edition from Jack. During the process, I talked with him on the phone several times, and this caused me to really root for him to be successful in this venture. I have let a few years go by and not talked with Jack. I have some questions, and I hope they have not already been addressed and my questions about the move to Chicago are considered stupid. But here they are:
1. Did Jack actually sell out to someone else who took the company to Chicago?
2. Did he have problems with cash flow, was about to go bust, and felt pressure to give up his business?
3. Or, did he pick up his family and they all moved to Chicago to the new plant location?
4. Does he still own Jersey Jack, still live in New Jersey and run the company from his remote location?
Thanks anyone who can enlighten me?
Mike in Kentucky

Jack hasn’t owned JJP for several years now. There are new owners, but I don’t think the sale prompted them to move to Chicago. Half the team was already there, so that was more of a logistical decision. Jack still lives in New Jersey AFAIK

#387 3 years ago

Jy64 started this thread. Well that says it all. He’s a captain in the Stern Arrmy third battalion.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Jack hasn’t owned JJP for several years now. There are new owners, but I don’t think the sale prompted them to move to Chicago. Half the team was already there, so that was more of a logistical decision. Jack still lives in New Jersey AFAIK

I though Jack was still a minority owner after the sale. No?

#389 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Jy64 started this thread. Well that says it all. He’s a captain in the Stern Arrmy third battalion.

So so true. Funny as shit. Going out of business. Not in this lifetime. Get it?

#390 3 years ago

This thread aged well lol.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I though Jack was still a minority owner after the sale. No?

Sorry, I was oversimplifying, I believe you are correct

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is Jack totally out of the biz?

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Is Jack totally out of the biz?

No Jack is the President of the company and a minority owner. Once pinball shows start up again he will be traveling to them as before.

2 weeks later
#395 3 years ago

Well Well Well funny to see that it took two years for fanboys to have the courage to speak up and say Jack is all good. good for jack good for pinball

#396 3 years ago

I don't know if they are pricing themselves out of business or not but they damm sure have priced themselves out of getting my broke ass's business.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 38.00
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 396 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-jjp-pricing-itself-out-of-business/page/8?hl=pathfinder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.