• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

billymoar.jpg
Maslow.png
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 9 years ago

OK, I will be honest.

The only reason I'm replying to this thread is so that I can read it later as It will show up as one of my favorites.

But ,,,,, having said that, and being honest. I have to share my own thoughts.

I currently own 4 pins. (pinball machines). I feel incredibly guilty as my neighbors own NONE. I feel at times that while in the middle of playing a game that I should TURN IT OFF, even though I am not disturbing anyone, but I feel the shame none the less.

I enjoy this hobby tremendously, and it helps me relax after an incredible day at work. I simply feel guilty because I have these beautiful machines while my neighbors do not. It is just my own hangup I suppose.

I DO (yes, I want more) want other pinball machines as well, and I do work hard, so I figure that I can afford them if I manage my money correctly. I don't feel that I deserved them, other than working hard, and I mean really hard since I was a kid (12 years old, paper route, etc....) But I do enjoy them now, finally that I am now in my twilight years..

But still.

I guess I don't feel as guilty as the guy that has 36 pins in his collection... and the whole time I was reading it, I suddenly felt less guilt, and the need for EQUALITY!

I'm just wondering, why HE has 36 pins, and I have only 4!

It isn't FAIR!,... and we all know it! This fella with 36 pins should either be punished or SHARE his wealth with the rest of us!

Do you agree? It just isn't right.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

That's their choice! Most of my neighbors have either an expensive boat, car(s), Harley, guns, and probably jewelry, etc. They spend money on what they like, as I do with my own! No guilt here.

Oh No, Don't get me wrong. I have those things too! I was just commenting on my guilt of me having 4 pins while my neighbors have none. And then, just then, I got to thinking. The op has at least 7. The other fella has 36. And if I feel guilty about having 4, then I'm just wondering how FAIR this pinball distribution thing is.

And that's all I'm thinking. I just want it to be FAIR. I want my FAIR SHARE. It just doesn't seem right. Someone needs to step in, be contacted, and speak up and RIGHT this horrible WRONG.

(I should have MORE if others have more. EQUALITY is all I'm asking for.)

#83 9 years ago

I've been thinking this pinball accumulation thing, and the goals set, and it's affect on the economy.

Now hear me out. As I've read every response in this thread it has become clear to me, that these are people that set goals and then achieve them. For instance there is the fella that set the goal of one, and then others that set it at ten, and yet others that set it at 38.

All of these goals are obviously achievable as many if not most have achieved their individual goal.

And as these goals cost the individual money, then they must be working hard, either in the form of a business owner, an employer, or an employee. And everyone of these people is providing a product or service thru their hard work that is rewarded in the form of trade (in this case the trade of dollars). And so I have realized that through this accumulation of pinball machines and the goals set to get them and the hard work that provided others with product and services..... that the affect on the overall economy is nothing less than positive!

It is the pinball community that in it's own small way, keeps America working! And only in America do we all as American's stand tall, work hard, and set a goal to get as many pinball machines that we can. (no sarcasm here, I am proud to be an American)

And knowing that this is a community that spans across the world, I should add that the world pinball community should be proud of their accomplishments as well.

(I no longer feel guilty about having four)... and have set my goal to 38! So that I may help my country's economy in my own small way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-wrong-to-want-more-pins?tu=Geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.