(Topic ID: 127640)

Is it wrong to contact a Craigslist seller about a ridiculous price?

By Pahuffman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 8 years ago

If the price is too high then it's not worth pursuing and I would look elsewhere. If it's semi within your price range, then try and negotiate. Sometimes the bigger clown is the guy who took that time out of his day to message a seller without the intention to buy the thing in the first place.

#67 8 years ago

I also find it pointless because everyone's doing it regardless of what is being sold. I listed a vintage Slingerland snare drum for $20 and I had two different people email me claiming the value was $5.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Well it seems as though I was right. I went and took a look at the machine, which turned out to be a complete junker. Apparently his "working" machine had more than a few issues - including lack of flipper mechs that were "borrowed," zero response when plugged in (possibly just a fuse), about 75% of the playfield artwork, a 6.5/10 cabinet, and broken rubbers and plastics. The only thing the machine had going for it was a 9/10 backglass. I'm not sure what he payed for it or how long he had it, but I'm sure he grossly overpaid. I told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it that I would keep in touch and give him $75 to haul it away. He thought he was sitting on a pile of gold. It was more like a pile of shit.
What did we learn? I was right, but could have handled it a little more delicately. Next time I contact someone about an over-priced machine, I'll be a little more courteous. We also learned that (more often than not) people don't know what the hell they're talking about.

That last sentence is beautiful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-wrong-to-contact-a-craigslist-seller-about-a-ridiculous-price?tu=pinballsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.