(Topic ID: 185692)

Is it worth the trouble of rearranging your lineup?

By MK6PIN

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Skyemont
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170604_141109 (resized).jpg
    20170616_214151 (resized).jpg
    20170327_142305 (resized).jpg
    20170327_142037 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3811 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3793 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3792 (resized).JPG
    20170321_204719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0692 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1590 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1589 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1588 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've had friends over a couple times now that have mentioned " changing the lineup" ( order games are setup, not new titles) would get more play on some machines, and might give all the titles a new "feel" , not being in the same spot.

So before I go through the hassle, has anyone done this? Now that I have BM66LE, I'd like to drag my SM next to it, and then IM, making a " super hero" mini line.

Curious of pinsiders input, as surely I'm not the first to think about it.....mark

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Easier to get different friends.
    Especially if anything needs work or tweaking after the move.
    LTG : )

Classic Lloyd at your best!!! Common sense should always prevail (I kind of wanted to try, but I've blamed being too lazy...I like your response better...who needs friends anyway)....

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

then by size to squeeze in one more game...

This reasoning I've definitely used in the past ( actually been doing some measuring for Alien, as my Son refuses to part with the stupid basketball free throw game....a perfect spot!!!).

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Are they on carpet?
    Those carpet sliders you can get at Home Depot make moving pins super easy. Makes nudging more fun, too!

Actually on tile in the main room, then concrete in game room ( converted garage). The rooms are connected ( same level, separated by 1 door) so may not be horrible, but they're pretty tight...

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

However, I have a pinlifter dolly that made the job a whole lot easier.

Think that's the only way I'm going to do it...if I do....what about those "pinskates" looking things that MARCO sells? Do they work ok? Looks like they'd be easier to store than the dolly ( take up less floor space, my shop isn't that big)

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Doesn't matter how you arrange it. Still the nicest collection in the SE imho.

Thanks Ron...you're welcome back anytime!!!

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We think that it is definitely worth the trouble. We moved ours around again last night! It is all part of the fun!

I think there in lies the challenge....no " we" for me...a solo effort if I did it....wait!!!....maybe those " friends" that suggested it could help....

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

I bought a bunch of hardwood floor sliders.
    You can buy a set of four $10.00. Give them a try.

I've got all mine on the rubber feet protectors....gotten used to the " solid" feel of the rubber on the tile for nudging, but for $10.00, might give them a try....

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes, very lucky there. Pinball is my wife s passion too. Makes life and decisions very easy!

A lucky man you are indeed....I have a wife but she has no interest in the hobby ( but supports my enjoyment of them, so a win there)

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Since I have more games then room I usually rearrange my lineup every 6 months. But that's bringing different games in and games out. But i also like to rearrange my lineup every now and then with the same games. Kinda show case a few.

Whew!!!....you are definitely an enthusiast....owning that many machines makes me tired just thinking about it....can barely keep up w my 10....pretty awesome!!!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Pin skates are one of the first things I bought when I got into the hobby - simple, easy and fast. And of course they are less expensive than a dolly and take up a lot less room to store. They work great. I don't have the Marco ones, but they look similar.

This was my thought...

#36 7 years ago

I'll admit, some good thoughts here so far, but Lloyd's comment still getting the most likes...

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Its only 10 games, and how many do you really have to move? IMO, yes. It is bothering you enough to ask others the question.

Not really bothering me, just weighing opinions on " is it worth the effort?"

You're right though...in this case, to gain my " superhero" line, I only have to move 3, and slide 2 down. Biggest pita would be Spidey, as it's under the stairs, and took time to get it in there. Undercab lighting on all of them, so the pinskates might be the safest way, as I don't want to smash any LEDs ( to Lloyds point).

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

You could open it up for lineup suggestions.
    Nice collection by the way.
    What config are they in?
    As for the question, I only have space for 5. Currently only at 3. Rearranging wouldn't be much of a hassle, yet I've never done it.

Ok....3 pics attached...if I move them, I propose:

Swapping SM with WCS

Then putting IMVE next to it on the right, sliding TSPP and FGY down

This way I have Superhero corner, keep cartoon themes together, and WCS is in a more prominent area

4 in Main Room would stay the same for now....how would you arrange?

Side note- AlienLE eventually in here, sort of think the option for BM66LE, WOZ, AlienLE ( future) would make a badass LCD lineup as well

IMG_1588 (resized).JPGIMG_1588 (resized).JPG

IMG_1589 (resized).JPGIMG_1589 (resized).JPG

IMG_1590 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPG

#43 7 years ago

Could potentially fit five in a row, putting BM66LE in the line, but a little tighter than I like.

The spot it's in now was my original saved AlienLE spot, so the lit side panels would be exposed....

I know...like I told Greg ( Rarehero)...or I could just get a life .....beyond work, kids and pinball

#44 7 years ago

It would definitely be a " battle of the toppers" if Spidey went in there...

IMG_1591 (resized).JPGIMG_1591 (resized).JPG

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

such a burden moving all those pins

Nah....pure laziness vs. potential enjoyment is my curiosity ( laziness winning right now)

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

When I posted the pic I saw that. Ran into the game room and fixed it.

Too funny!!! I break out the tape measure to make sure my spacing is consistent....thought I was the only one, but obviously, in good company!!!!!

( I think Lloyds upvotes are neck and neck with the "yes" posts...I created an internal poll!!!)...

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

They're going to be swapping some positions around here soon to make room for a new pin family member!!
    Phoebe

The best reason to move them around, imho!!!

2 months later
    #81 6 years ago

Well...I'm close to my rearranging project...too stubborn to let any go, and prepping for 2 deadly additions ( the best reason to rearrange).....and I've gotta get the bat beacon large on a side wall, somehow...

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

MK6PIN: (Looks like you're fairly close to me, have to let me know if you'd be interested in joining a few of us in the area with about the same size collections to play sometime.)

Just realized I didnt respond to this just now!!!(
    Yes, we have to get together at some point...my work schedule is weird). Also just saw someone downvoted my first post in the thread..even weirder?!?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-worth-the-trouble-of-rearranging-your-lineup?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.