(Topic ID: 185692)

Is it worth the trouble of rearranging your lineup?

By MK6PIN

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Skyemont
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20170604_141109 (resized).jpg
    20170616_214151 (resized).jpg
    20170327_142305 (resized).jpg
    20170327_142037 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3811 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3793 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3792 (resized).JPG
    20170321_204719 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0692 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1590 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1589 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1588 (resized).JPG

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

such a burden moving all those pins

#52 2 years ago

I like having mine separated and organized. IJ, STTNG and TZ are grouped on one wall, AFM and MM together on another wall, POTC with LOTR on a separate wall and GB in its own corner. Very logical, but the truth of it is that my average guest would have no idea that there is a system to it at all, but it satisfies my sense of OCD!

MK6PIN: (Looks like you're fairly close to me, have to let me know if you'd be interested in joining a few of us in the area with about the same size collections to play sometime.)

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

Think that's the only way I'm going to do it...if I do....what about those "pinskates" looking things that MARCO sells? Do they work ok? Looks like they'd be easier to store than the dolly ( take up less floor space, my shop isn't that big)

Pinskates are the best! Well worth the money spent....

#54 2 years ago

I had SM and STLE next to each other that was a mistake, sold SM since it was too close to STLE.

I've since got a different SM moved to the other side of the game room and much better now no more sibling rivalry.IMG_0692 (resized).JPG

#55 2 years ago

I put mine in alpha order. For some reason I have to. My wife says I have OCD and ADHD!

20170321_204719 (resized).jpg

#56 2 years ago

Anything that makes you happy or makes you feel good inside is worth doing.

#57 2 years ago

I have Hobbit on the end that people enter from because the Smaug SE has such sweet side art. Then my next game is my Avatar LE with its incredible LEDs EVERYWHERE. Then I have the games generally in the order of how much I like them with Wizard of Oz and TZ under can lights because they tend to be darker and I don't put two widebodies next to each other because I have them pretty close and people would bump fingers.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

such a burden moving all those pins

Nah....pure laziness vs. potential enjoyment is my curiosity ( laziness winning right now)

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I put mine in alpha order. For some reason I have to. My wife says I have OCD and ADHD!

The SS is off to the left to far!!

#60 2 years ago

Yes. I have most of mine in a bank SS-DMD-SS-DMD etc...with the most popular games in the middle for unrestricted access and less popular titles on the ends crowded by the walls.

Actually after the sell-off I never reconfigured them properly so I'm actually due a shuffle...

#61 2 years ago

Yes we move ours around...Sometimes it just feels like they need a new spot! Mostly though several will go out for shows and such, so while they're gone we move the rest around. Getting ready to move several back into the line-up this weekend since the Spring shows are over for us.
    We had to move all the ones in the basement over the Summer for a redo after some flooding in July. We had carpet down and it went away...now we have Greatmats tiles. We used the carpet sliders mostly, because if you used a pin dolly the ceiling was too low and had to put the heads down everytime you moved them. The sliders are great, I can move pins by myself. Now that we have the Greatmats tiles it is a little more difficult as the carpet sliders don't slide on the tiles easily but still much easier than lowering the head and using a pin dolly. I never cared for the skates as it is harder for me to get them situated and move by myself.
    Now the pins in the living room amd dining room are still on carpet so sliders all the way for them!! They're going to be swapping some positions around here soon to make room for a new pin family member!!

Phoebe

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

I like having mine separated and organized.

Exactly. I put mine in groups so the different backbox heights would match up. Stern Playboy is on an end wall.
    One side wall has ToM + MB + SS + AFM + W?D, then a wall-mount 23" flatscreen TV, then Mustang premium.
    The opposite wall has BBB, then a movie poster, then CFTBL + TZ + IJ, then a movie poster, then SW:E1 + RFM.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Exactly. I put mine in groups so the different backbox heights would match up. Stern Playboy is on an end wall.
    One side wall has ToM + MB + SS + AFM + W?D, then a wall-mount 23" flatscreen TV, then Mustang premium.
    The opposite wall has BBB, then a movie poster, then CFTBL + TZ + IJ, then a movie poster, then SW:E1 + RFM.

If you need to move any of your games around, my house is available ...

#64 2 years ago

I've actually been considering doing this lately and think it would definitely freshen things up. Most of my games are on carpet sliders but if you have a hard floor and a dolly, it's extremely easy to move games around by one's self. I don't think it's a matter of the effort, it's a question of value. If you think about it, even grocery stores move things around on a regular basis, and every few years re-do the entire store layout... there's always new ideas to try, and it's always valuable to arrange my games in positions that are more or less enticing to people.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

The SS is off to the left to far!!

When I posted the pic I saw that. Ran into the game room and fixed it.

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

When I posted the pic I saw that. Ran into the game room and fixed it.

Too funny!!! I break out the tape measure to make sure my spacing is consistent....thought I was the only one, but obviously, in good company!!!!!

( I think Lloyds upvotes are neck and neck with the "yes" posts...I created an internal poll!!!)...

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

They're going to be swapping some positions around here soon to make room for a new pin family member!!
    Phoebe

The best reason to move them around, imho!!!

#68 2 years ago

I've moved my games around in my gameroom and it does help to freshen things up! I've actually found that it can help spotlight a game that I as ignoring too.

That being said, I don't change them up very often.

#69 2 years ago

I have a very small space, ~15x10, with some unfortunately placed windows and doors. It will accomodate 6 pins set up and playing or 5 with one being shopped or restored. So, naturally, I have 8 games. The extras are broken down with the cabs on end and heads stacked. I could store more games underneath the set up pins, but that would make moving them really difficult. I have all the games on sliders, because I have to rearrange them if I have to sneeze.

I have tried every imaginable arrangement, but find that I'm about 4 inches short of being anle to get 7 set up in there, unless 3 of them are wedgeheads.

So, for me, rearranging from time to time is a necessity, but the sliders make it easy, and I rather enjoy it.

#70 2 years ago

I rearranged my entire collection last year. It was a pain but worth doing. I am able to enjoy more of my collection now and go into both rooms used.

IMG_3792 (resized).JPG

IMG_3793 (resized).JPG

IMG_3811 (resized).JPG

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from bobnatlanta:

I have a very small space, ~15x10, with some unfortunately placed windows and doors. It will accomodate 6 pins set up and playing or 5 with one being shopped or restored. So, naturally, I have 8 games. The extras are broken down with the cabs on end and heads stacked. I could store more games underneath the set up pins, but that would make moving them really difficult. I have all the games on sliders, because I have to rearrange them if I have to sneeze.
    I have tried every imaginable arrangement, but find that I'm about 4 inches short of being anle to get 7 set up in there, unless 3 of them are wedgeheads.
    So, for me, rearranging from time to time is a necessity, but the sliders make it easy, and I rather enjoy it.

I had that problem at my old house. Was just a couple inches too short. Ended up rebuilding the two walls with the 2x4s turned sideways. Got my extra game in!

#72 2 years ago

Got mine in groups by manufacturer and by date of manufactured. For the most part. As of now I had to keep Metallica by the DD artwork. Just got my walking dead a few months ago so it's not quite in order.

20170327_142037 (resized).jpg
    20170327_142305 (resized).jpg

Edit: Since you asked the question maybe I shouldn't just show you how my games are arranged, but talk about what I've noticed. When games come and go, games need to get shuffled around and remember, I try to keep them in order. So....example would be when I had a game come in and divide two games because it was produced in between the years of said games. I noticed that when I moved a game that I had for sometime it played like a different game. And when you see a new game out of the corner of your eyes while playing the older game it gives the older game some new life. I know it sounds strange and maybe I'm not sure how to explain it but it definitely can make an older game new again.

2 months later
    #73 2 years ago

I am contemplating changing up positions in the lineup for 8 of the 9 pins (after AS LE and SW LE both arrive & get modded up...)
    To accomplish this task, I will also have to move around the 2 video arcades. So it looks like it is going to be one hell of an afternoon!
    Toward that end, I am currently mapping out a logistical plan of most efficient way to get them moved in the right place the first time.
    I must admit that a big part of me doesn't want the hassle; but, it seems like I need to get them in the order I want no matter the inconvenience. Besides, isn't thinking about stuff like this supposed to be part of the fun?

current line-up:
    AS LE
    SW LE
    ---
    MB
    Tron
    IM
    SM
    POTC
    TF LE
    AFM

Proposed re-arranged line-up:
    MB
    AFM
    ---
    SM
    IM
    AS LE
    Tron
    SW LE
    TF LE
    POTC

1 week later
    #74 2 years ago
    Quoted from AJB4:

I am contemplating changing up positions in the lineup for 8 of the 9 pins (after AS LE and SW LE both arrive & get modded up...)
    To accomplish this task, I will also have to move around the 2 video arcades. So it looks like it is going to be one hell of an afternoon!
    Toward that end, I am currently mapping out a logistical plan of most efficient way to get them moved in the right place the first time.
    I must admit that a big part of me doesn't want the hassle; but, it seems like I need to get them in the order I want no matter the inconvenience. Besides, isn't thinking about stuff like this supposed to be part of the fun?
    current line-up:
    AS LE
    SW LE
    ---
    MB
    Tron
    IM
    SM
    POTC
    TF LE
    AFM
    Proposed re-arranged line-up:
    MB
    AFM
    ---
    SM
    IM
    AS LE
    Tron
    SW LE
    TF LE
    POTC

whats the rational for this order?

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Looks like he would be getting all his Sterns together with a gap (doorway?) and then his two WMS (AFM + MB).

#76 2 years ago

Yes it's worth it!!

20170616_214151 (resized).jpg

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes it's worth it!

Just when you get your lineup dialed in the way you want it... you go and add Dialed In!

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Just when you get your lineup dialed in the way you want it... you go and add Dialed In!

#79 2 years ago

All I know is that whatever I end up having in my collection, Tron is always on the end so I can see Gem.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

The B/W pins together outside the cave and then the Sterns all together with the most aesthetically pleasing ones in the center.

1 week later
    #81 2 years ago

Well...I'm close to my rearranging project...too stubborn to let any go, and prepping for 2 deadly additions ( the best reason to rearrange).....and I've gotta get the bat beacon large on a side wall, somehow...

#82 2 years ago

Spent yesterday moving pins - wife said, "good to see you getting some exercise." Lineup plan now:
    MB
    AFM
    ---
    AS LE
    Tron
    IM
    POTC
    SM
    TF LE (may trade this out for an AC/DC Prem)
    SW LE

if I do make that trade (still on the fence) then the rationale for the lineup would be as follows:
    Williams
    Bally
    ----
    Borg x 3
    Nordman
    Ritchie x3

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jenk540i:

MK6PIN: (Looks like you're fairly close to me, have to let me know if you'd be interested in joining a few of us in the area with about the same size collections to play sometime.)

Just realized I didnt respond to this just now!!!(
    Yes, we have to get together at some point...my work schedule is weird). Also just saw someone downvoted my first post in the thread..even weirder?!?

#84 2 years ago

I ran out of space in my game room so I put some at a brewery.

20170604_141109 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 22.00
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,000.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside