Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Im Looking to buy the avengers infinity quest but not sure if it's worth the extra money for the premium. I currently have deadpool pro and have been happy with it so far

#2 3 years ago

Almost never, for that game id say no.

#3 3 years ago

I was BUYING a LE avengers and played it and was not WOW'ed by the dr strange portal.
And you can't really see the balls going through the portal under the playfield.
I'm buying the PRO now!

Stay Safe

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sadly any premium or LE I have ever had ended up getting traded out for a pro if I liked the game.

I just like playing them, all the extra bells and whistles usually make the gameplay worse IMO.

Star Wars being a prime example.. the pro plays miles better than the premium.

#5 3 years ago

I prefer the pro. For the money the portal lock and captain marvel ramp do not wow me.

#6 3 years ago

I've played both, prob wont buy either, but the pro was so empty feeling. Jmo.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks everyone I ordered the pro

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Lynnea:

Thanks everyone I ordered the pro

Good choice. You won't regret it. That subway slows the game down a lot. The first bunch if times you see it its neat but then you just wish it wasn't there. The captain marvel ramp is cool but not worth the extra cash and the spinner shot on the pro is still pretty fun.

#9 3 years ago

I would say MET and JP3 are worth it. Perhaps DP as well. Beyond that I am not so sure.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I would say MET and JP3 are worth it. Perhaps DP as well. Beyond that I am not so sure.

ACDC worth it. Varies game by game.

#11 3 years ago

I’d go premium for Star Wars, stranger things, BKSOR, pretty much nothing else recent.

#12 3 years ago

It’s almost always worth the upgrade to me.

#13 3 years ago

AC/DC, GB and SW Premium worth it for the extra bells and whistles. LE not worth the extra money - except Star Trek.

Met premium is cool but that's one that plays the same.

Congrats on your Pro. It's really what you like at the end of the day.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

ACDC worth it. Varies game by game.

forgot about acdc so yeah that one as well

#15 3 years ago

For me BKSOR definitely worth the $1700 more.

#16 3 years ago

No

#17 3 years ago

The pro is almost always the right choice and usually plays better. I just got a pro yesterday and it’s great, don’t feel I’m missing anything and it’s fast .

#18 3 years ago

No.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Sorry to disagree with you my friend. When I buy a Stern it is Premium or LE. Never even considered a Pro in the current context though I do love Ironman which is considered a pro. Why not have all the features especially when you generally get all or most of the extra money back when selling the game? Pros seem to depreciate more than Premiums and LEs.

#20 3 years ago

Strongly disagree that premiums and le depreciate slower. Most are the same or even more so, only the odd one depreciates slow. Just look at the last several years, the great games have kept their value, all models, but some have come down thousands. Extreme example look at tfle xmle. The premiums and le further have even more to lose because of the higher msrp.

#21 3 years ago

If you take a step back and distance yourself from it all, nothing in pinball is really worth the cost whether it be a new pin, mods, etc. It’s all very expensive. HOWEVER, it sure is fun! I think it’s best to not overthink anything in pinball. Just buy what you enjoy and don’t look back. Worst case scenario, is that you should always be able to get a big chunk of your spend back.

#22 3 years ago

If perks of a premium offer a significantly better game play experience, I look at the premium first....usually worth the $$. But if the perks of a premium have flaws and diminish the gameplay experience, assuming the pro plays just as good, I would go with the pro.

Star Wars and Iron Maiden are prime examples of this for me. Ultimately comes down to how the game plays.

I wish all premiums came with HD glass!!

#23 3 years ago

Game designers build the premium models first. Mechs/gimmicks are taken away to lower the price and become the pro model. Artwork, limited numbers, and things like signatures are added to make the LEs.

Ultimately, it is up to the buyer for where the best values are. Pros tend to play faster because there are simply fewer "toys," but some people really like the added items.

Personally, I tend to favor the premium for most, the Pro for some, and the LE for only a few. In this case, I would likely go for the pro and put the extra towards my next game.

#24 3 years ago

i say yes to premiums for the most games. especially on ghostbusters, acdc, deadpool, game of thrones and Jurassic park. a few i would say no like aerosmith, kiss, star wars, munsters.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Lynnea:

Im Looking to buy the avengers infinity quest but not sure if it's worth the extra money for the premium. I currently have deadpool pro and have been happy with it so far

The more money you spend the happier you’ll be. Go for it !

#26 3 years ago

Never. But you only live once! Might as well enjoy yourself.

#28 3 years ago

Well, it has a lot to do with monies. I personally have only done pros in the past, but I'm looking at a Prem for this one.
Are the "upgrades" worth 1700? Well the turntable and ramp are better for me, subway lock doesn't excite me, BUT I'm also officially out of space so I don't need as much monies to save up anymore. So I guess it is to me?
I don't think the game plays any worse, which can happen with games like GOT.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Game designers build the premium models first. Mechs/gimmicks are taken away to lower the price and become the pro model. Artwork, limited numbers, and things like signatures are added to make the LEs.
Ultimately, it is up to the buyer for where the best values are. Pros tend to play faster because there are simply fewer "toys," but some people really like the added items.
Personally, I tend to favor the premium for most, the Pro for some, and the LE for only a few. In this case, I would likely go for the pro and put the extra towards my next game.

Not always. Sometimes it's the other way around where pro is designed first and then features added. Depends on the designer. I think it mostly comes down to what kind of person are you - the one that has to have all the features or someone that can live with a few less features to save a bunch of money.

#30 3 years ago

Typically they're not worth it, ESPECIALLY if you never play the Premium/LE. MET is the biggest example of this. Deadpool, you play $1700 for a diverter and some (Yay!) drop targets.

Some though play completely different, like BKSOR (still kind of stinks), and GOT. Those are definite premium pins for me.

Maiden Premium/LE literally has nothing but crappy, headache mechs added to the game. Definitely not worth it.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Not always. Sometimes it's the other way around where pro is designed first and then features added. Depends on the designer. I think it mostly comes down to what kind of person are you - the one that has to have all the features or someone that can live with a few less features to save a bunch of money.

Yeah, I don't know what the "official" line is but to me Premiums SURE seem like pros with a bunch of stuff crobarred into the game to make it a "premium." This is why Premiums always seem to have annoying ball stuck issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
6,000 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-worth-1700-upcharge-for-the-premium?hl=mr_outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.