Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RyanStl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Just curious, but is it really to hard to take current pictures of a game that you are wanting to sell. Ive seen it lately so much and it just does not make much since. People selling games on here and its obvious that the pictures are not current. I recall one pin that had pictures of it that it was next to 4 different games. Well to me, this is sometime a little misleading. There is another high end game listed and in it, it mentions damage, but in the majority of the pictures it is not there because the pictures were ones from when a restoration was done (4 years ago). Now they were not lying, they did show pictures of the damage. But not pictures of the current cabinet.

I know sometimes it really doesnt matter, but I know that i have never used an old picture in a sale ad, and i have sold over 5000 vids and pins over the last 15 years, not once has a picture been reused. Even when I sold used cherry master boards, at one time I had over 100 of the same game pcb available and again, i took a picture of each one to sell it so that the buyer knew exactly what they were getting

#2 9 years ago

When you're looking to buy a game, make sure you don't ask for pictures of the game. If you do you must buy that game or else everyone will call you a tire kicker

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Just curious, but is it really to hard to take current pictures of a game that you are wanting to sell.

It lets you know who to avoid buying a pin from, otherwise you might actually do a crappy transaction with them.

#4 9 years ago

When I am ready to sell a game, I may just grabbed up all the pre-existing photos that were available, to get the discussion going with interested buyers. Local buyers are the best, since they will quickly drive over for an inspection.

A full photo-shoot of a pin, they way I like it, can take an hour, to get all the shots that I like to have.

I have bought enough games through the years, that I know what pictures are needed to completely show condition. I may shoot a couple hundred, just to get 60 good ones (clarity, focus, lighting)

Add another half-hour for videos, of the game play, and common test modes.

These will all eventually be done, but it might be a few days, or the weekend until I have the time.

Serious buyers will enquirer about the game, and will get the communication started, while I prepare the photo sets, and if they have any special shots, I get them while the game is staged.

Since you have sold 5,000 machines, I guess you found what works for you too. For me, that would be over 5,000 hours of photo time.

If you want to wait until my photo shoot is complete, that is fine. But by then, I may have sold the game locally.

#5 9 years ago

I just post a link to a complete set of detailed photos up with any ad I place.

I post clear pics of any flaws so there are no surprises or disappointments.

I post clear pics of the back of the backglass and battery area of the MPU.

Those pics cover about 95% of the email questions I would otherwise need to answer.

The buyer knows exactly what to expect upon arrival, so they can buy and leave. No need to "think about it" or "consider it's condition" or come back with a truck.

#6 9 years ago

just about everyone's got a camera with virtually infinite film in their pocket at all times nowadays. i don't really get not taking a bunch of pictures.

#7 9 years ago

I've had pending sales drop off after I asked for detailed photos. Even on here!

#8 9 years ago

It's too hard.

#9 9 years ago

Def too hard...

#10 9 years ago

I don't like when I take the initial pictures, then people email for a picture of this, or that, several times. I usually take a few pics of what could be possible wear areas, and if that interests them enough, they will come take a look at it in person. I dont have a camera phone, and it takes for ever to download pics to my computer from my camera.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from BBC:

I don't like when I take the initial pictures, then people email for a picture of this, or that, several times. I usually take a few pics of what could be possible wear areas, and if that interests them enough, they will come take a look at it in person. I dont have a camera phone, and it takes for ever to download pics to my computer from my camera.

That's kind of the wrong mindset if you want to try to sell something as expensive as a pin.

Quoted from vid1900:

I just post a link to a complete set of detailed photos up with any ad I place.
    I post clear pics of any flaws so there are no surprises or disappointments.
    I post clear pics of the back of the backglass and battery area of the MPU.
    Those pics cover about 95% of the email questions I would otherwise need to answer.
    The buyer knows exactly what to expect upon arrival, so they can buy and leave. No need to "think about it" or "consider it's condition" or come back with a truck.

On top of that, I try to take 2-3 different angles of the same thing.

#12 9 years ago

Here are my recent threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-hs2-the-getaway-1

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-terminator-3t3

I take nearly 40+ photos, and sometimes multiple GoPro vids at 1+ GB each, and then I upload everything on here or Youtube.

Haven't had trouble selling a pin yet.

You want the money.....take the time to do it right.

People that annoy the heck out of me are the ones who cannot even take the GLASS off the playfield. I mean, really ...?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I take nearly 40+ photos, and sometimes multiple GoPro vids at 1+ GB each, and then I upload everything on here or Youtube

I pimp out my cat to sell games.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-cat-has-a-proposition-for-you-jp-fs-or-ft-for-bad-cats

BTW, it worked. Coming home with a Bad Cats this weekend. He won in the end.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

I pimp out my cat to sell games.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-cat-has-a-proposition-for-you-jp-fs-or-ft-for-bad-cats
    BTW, it worked. Coming home with a Bad Cats this weekend. He won in the end.

There is no way I can compete with that. That was awesome!

#15 9 years ago

I dont have a problem with the amount of pictures. If im buying and want to see more, ill ask, if its to much troblue for the seller, then i just dont buy (to me that says that i might not like what i see in the specific pictures that im asking for) But i am pretty trusting and usually willing to just have the seller give me his phone muber and talk over the phone and that is good enough.

If im selling, I have no problem taking pics that are requested, ive got nothing to hide, i want the buyer to get what he is expecting or better.

My main concern on this post is that Ive seen 2 recent for sale post, and i thought about this post on the first one and after the second i finally made the post.

On the first post it was clear that the pics were old, as all of us do, we always look at what games are in the background or beside the game for sale and it was clear that there were at least 3 different games beside the one for sale (directly beside) so its obvious that the pictures were taken at different time. It was mentioned at some point in the thread and the the seller said it was true.

The second machine i saw was a restored game that had all the pictures that were used to show off the game when it was restored (in 2010) and those pictures were used in the current for sale add. The seller mentioned some damage to the game, which was not visible in any of the "pics" but then the seller took a specific pic of the damage. So he wasnt hiding the damage, he made it clear, but why not just take a few new pics so that the whole game can be seen.

At least neither seller was being deceitful, which is great, but Its not like the old days were you had to take pics, get them developed, etc. Its just so wasy to add pics, exspecially with pinside,

#16 9 years ago

Buying a pin can be an amazingly frustrating process. Then add asking for better pictures seems to complicate the matter. One pin I've been looking for came up on Craigslist approx 2 hours from my location. The ad has 3 pics, one showing the full pin from 10 feet away, one showing up close of the backbox/DMD, and one showing an extreme close-up of one side of the cabinet(with a rusted bolt). Asking price is on the high end but that rusted bolt isn't a good sign. Asked for upper/lower playfield pics and inside backbox pics. Still waiting to hear back and I assume I wont get a reply either.

#17 9 years ago

It's funny because it is common to read a for sale add, and then pics later to come. Most of the time the pics come, but why not get your sh&t together before posting?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-to-hard-to-take-new-pictures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.