I have had this idea in the back of my mind for some time and wondering if now is a good time for someone to pursue....
- Create a way for people to play real pinball machines virtually via live streaming.
- Community has some resourceful people that could build an interface board or kit that would allow someone to control a machine remotely (insert coins, flip,
plunge, press start button). (there are examples today of this type of thing working.... i.e. Sega Crane machines, etc...)
- Create a site that allows the customers and the operators to find each other and exchange money and feedback.
Essentially, allow anyone to be an operator, virtually. Allow anyone on the internet the ability to play your machine via live streaming.
- We get to play real pinball when we want.
- People buying machines have a way to make some money back and fund the investment.
- During a Pandemic, operators have a way to keep money coming in.
- The operator would be able to control when his arcade is open to play.. (via the website).
- Nudging is pretty much out..... unless you want to get robotics involved.
- Obviously not the same as being there.
- Competing with virtual pinball (i.e. Zen pinball).
- Camera equipment for every machine you want to operate.
- Need to develop interface board.... (or manufacturers could build functionality into machines... via wifi)
- Someone needs to create the virtual arcade site for operators and players to connect.
If below could not be done widely, could be an interesting way for people to try out new machines as they are released, without having to go to a show.