(Topic ID: 112178)

Is it time for Spooky to get its own sub-forum on Pinside?

By frolic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.17.43 PM.png
    star-trek-make-it-so.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

I know they put the "Boo into Bootique" but seeing as they are 1 of 3 pinball manufacturers SHIPPING games today, seeing all the other companies with no shipping product with their own sub-forum on Pinside, isn't it long overdue for Spooky to get promoted?

Who's with me?

Edit: I mean adding them to the GAME MANUFACTURERS list on Pinside. Not creating their own vbulletin or something.

Post edited by frolic: clearing up what I meant

#2 9 years ago

I've been there. I've seen the hours Charlie works. I don't think he needs the additional work.

#3 9 years ago

Well, I'm not sure it means he is compelled to work it. Just as Stern has no presence here but has their own forum. I saw it as a stature thing. but if Charlie declines then that certainly is his choice and I would respect that.

#5 9 years ago

Word!

#6 9 years ago

How is your AMH GAPPY?

#7 9 years ago

Build a fan page and use it to spread the word.

I would rather they stay busy making AMH and developing the next game. The games will speak for themselves. If you want to help them and promote it then invite people over to play your game, put it on location for others to experience, and take it to shows so you can share the greatness.

#8 9 years ago

I still scream that if more pinhead spent actual time on this game they would all be ordering. FANTASTIC!

#9 9 years ago

Were you talking about the Game Manufacturers list on Pinside?

image.jpgimage.jpg

I was surprised to see that they weren't already onthat list! Like 5 companies listed haven't shipped a game yet.

Put them #4. I am assuming it is ordered by number of games shipped.

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from fastpinball:

Were you talking about the Game Manufacturers list on Pinside?

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I incorrectly termed it "forum", I meant adding them to that list. Essentially a sub-forum on Pinside.

#11 9 years ago

I took this as getting a game manufacturer sub forum on Pinside, not a standalone forum. They should definitely have their own sub forum in that section!

#12 9 years ago

Agreed, the fourth spot should be for Spooky.

#13 9 years ago

Yes they are one of the 3 actual pin companies.

#14 9 years ago

Absolutely yes.

They have as many shipping titles as JJP ...

#15 9 years ago

Was wondering that myself.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I took this as getting a game manufacturer sub forum on Pinside, not a standalone forum. They should definitely have their own sub forum in that section!

In that case, then sure, just our of respect. Spooky should definately be listed as a seperate game maker and #4 on the order of the list.

I thought the OP was asking for the special forums that JJP and PPS run so they can control a message. That is not needed.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought the OP was asking for the special forums that JJP and PPS run so they can control a message. That is not needed.

yeah, I've clarified what I meant. This is Pinside, I mean on Pinside. I don't dig the PPS way of doing things at all.

#18 9 years ago

Help me out here -- why is Bally/Williams marked as a game manufacturer?
    -mof

#19 9 years ago

Does this make more work for me, or can I just put Bryan Kelly in charge of this page?

Wait... that might be like putting an angry Samuel L. Jackson as a door greeter at Walmart.

#20 9 years ago

It's ridiculous that groups that haven't even shipped a game yet have subforums but Spooky does not.

star-trek-make-it-so.jpgstar-trek-make-it-so.jpg

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Does this make more work for me, or can I just put Bryan Kelly in charge of this page?

Wait... that might be like putting an angry Samuel L. Jackson as a door greeter at Walmart.

I can see it now, Bryan at Wal Mart Cussing out people while drinking a beer!

#22 9 years ago

It's actually quite possible. I'm close to retirement.

Bryan glares at customer entering store. After taking a swig of beer, utters those immortal words.

"What the f' you lookin at, asshole!! Git your shit and make it fast. I gots places to be. And it ain't in this f'ing dump."

Quoted from Squeakman:

I can see it now, Bryan at Wal Mart Cussing out people while drinking a beer!

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

isn't it long overdue for Spooky to get promoted?

Absolutely!

#24 9 years ago

give them Skit-B's spot....

I looked on their website, not really sure why they need a pinball subforum?

#25 9 years ago

We did it!

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.17.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-11 at 3.17.43 PM.png

#26 9 years ago

Any particular color you would like for the icon?

Abbreviation SPK or SP?

Today is let the Pinsiders decide day.

#27 9 years ago

Awesome!

#28 9 years ago

Isnt the ghost green on AMH?

Quoted from robin:

Abbreviation SPK or SP?

#29 9 years ago

I also think they have earned and need a heading in the manufactures

#30 9 years ago

SFP I'll let you figure it out.

Quoted from robin:

Abbreviation SPK or SP?

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

...But that would go against our site rules, Bryan

#32 9 years ago

Shit!! Then I'm in trouble.....aren't I.

Quoted from robin:

...But that would go against our site rules, Bryan

#33 9 years ago

I like only abbreviate they need currently is AMH for America's most Haunted.

'Spooky' should get the hyperlink to the manufacturer heading as they should not beat out the Zaccaria title for that IMHO.

I vote lime green for color

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Bryan puts the "F" in friendship, and the "FU" in fun.

We're honored Robin! And yep, let the people decide what they want. Just happy to be here.

#35 9 years ago

Awesome! well, im off to sell some more plasma so I can buy amh.
    go team spooky.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I vote lime green for color

+1

#37 9 years ago

Thanks Robin.

Congrats Spooky - you guys EARNED it!

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Isnt the ghost green on AMH?

It lights up different colors based on the current mode. But the Hospital Ghost seems to be the easiest to start and that is the one that lights up green so I say go with a similar green!

#39 9 years ago

Not sure how dutch got their own already? Not shipping games and huge issues with BoP currently. Mostly with AMH not being on there is my grief

#40 9 years ago

What about sub forums for more classic pinball makers?
    Zacarria
    Gottlieb

#42 9 years ago

There's about 3 other topics relating to AMH in the Boutique subforum that are all fairly recent that need moving into there too. AMH Challenge, AMH Code Updates, and one other one that I can't remember off the top of my head.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Abbreviation SPK or SP?

BOO

#44 9 years ago

#45 9 years ago

SPK makes the most sense. SP will sound more like South Park.

#46 9 years ago

BOO

#47 9 years ago

It's time for spooky to get 2014 game of the year and manufacturer or the year.

#48 9 years ago

What games were released in 2014:

Mustang
    AMH

Any others? I def don't count a vault ed or any other re-relase a "release".

-mof

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

It's time for Spooky to get 2014 game of the year and manufacturer or the year.

Mustang
    AMH

-mof

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Mustang
    AMH
    -mof

TWD

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-time-for-spooky-to-get-its-own-forum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.