(Topic ID: 98855)

Is it time for separate "Top 100" lists for DMD and SS?

By swampfire

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should there be separate top 100 lists for DMD and pre-DMD Solid State pins?”

• Yes 192 votes
      76%
    • No 31 votes
      12%
    • Don't care 28 votes
      11%

(251 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

257384-i.png
    Early_Pinball.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago

Why even have separate lists? Why not just filters?

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from prock:

Why even have separate lists? Why not just filters?

and if you add some logic and sorts... give me the top games with 3 flippers made after 1990 and sorted by rank

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

And what about historical lists...so you can see what the top 100 was in 2007 versus today, lol.

+1 to that..historical data would be great as well!!

I still say custom filter and sorts would be the best. You could make links to pre-canned filter and sorts (e.g. for the top 100 DMDs, etc etc) for easy clicking from the main pinside pages. With custom lists you can grab your very own top 100 list (or even top 20) using the criteria you define! Don't want to include games with a CRT or LCD? Don't want to include EMs? Don't want to include games with average asking price over $X? etc etc... All can easily be done with custom filters.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

Frankly I'd find it interesting to be able to customize a Top 100 based completely on filters.
    For example, I'd like to be able to see the ranked top # of pins of any era - EM, SS, DMD (which I find funny because DMD are SS), LCD, CRT, OCD, ADD, whatever. For most people EMs and DMD era pins won't compete in the area of audio - chimes versus speech and background music/call-outs/etc. However, what if I just wanted to build a ranking based on peoples take on playfield layout - no art, no sounds, just straight play on the field? What if I wanted to see a ranking of games using playfield layout, 'fun', and playfield art, no backglass art or audio? It would mean a totally dynamic rank generator would have to be written for the site and perhaps an array of rankings could be listed including all eras based on specific components of the rating system. This is something I would find interesting.

Exactly! Great examples! Pinside already has all that data it would be great to put it to work!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider prock.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-it-time-for-separate-top-100-lists-for-dmd-and-pre-dmd-ss?tu=prock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.